Untitled

Chapter 2

"Where the fuck have you been?" Her voice hit Frank like daggers as he slipped into the front door. He only been gone a matter of hours. He stood stiff as his girlfriend staggered towards him, a cigarette in one hand, a vodka bottle in the other.
"I popped out for some air" Frank hesitated to speak to her.
"BULLSHIT!" Jenny got up close to Frank, her breath strong from the mixture of alcohol and smoke."You smell like shit, where have you been? Parents house?" She continued, her spiteful tongue wagging at its usual level of nastiness. She turned and walked away, her legs crossing over each other from her swaying a little. The bottle had definitely been two thirds full before Frank had left but now there was merely enough for a vodka and coke.
"Its fresh air smell Jen, i've been round the block a few times that's all" Frank began to move from the door mat where he was stood. Unzipping his jacket and beginning to slide it from his aching body.
"Well you smell like you've been to the sewerage, or is that just all the shit that comes out of you fucking stupid mouth?" She turned back towards Frank.
"Fuck you" Frank exhaled as he shook his head, not believing she was like this in reality. Was he really here, with this monster. There was only one place Frank wanted to be right now, and it definitely didn't involve this bitch what so ever.

Evidently a bad choice of words to use as the bottle came hurtling through the air. The glass smashed against the solid stone wall, sending many pieces flying through the air. A shard hit Frank's now bare arm, making him yelp as the vodka dripping glass ran over his skin like a switch blade.
Frank grabbed the bleeding wound, the blood warm, sandwiched between his arm and palm. The baby screamed from the back room then sounded a woman, it was Jenny's mother. Thank God she was here. Frank couldn't look up from disgust. No one should have to take this shit. Jenny turned, not saying a word, Her pink silky nighty creased at she stumbled away.
Frank was shocked at what had just happened. The bleeding began to slow from the small cut as he dabbed it with the bottom of his shirt. 'She wouldn't even care whether she had slashed my main artery' Frank concluded not really feeling the slight stinging sensation. As he'd thought before, he'd learn to live with it.

Jenny had gone towards the back of the house were the stairs were situated. She probably just go back to bed in her drunken state, she'd had her fun. Frank slipped into the front room, It was still dark outside as he perched on the end of the couch, the curtains still wide open. He felt the tears well up again. He wanted to get Kally and run away but he knew if he went anywhere near her he'd regret it. At least Pippa was here, Jenny's mom. Frank never thought he'd think that but he was glad. She'd take care of Kally for sure. She was always round, recently, when the arguments got bad. She didn't think Frank was good enough for her daughter in the first place, and it made him sick to think that his poor baby was in her care. But he was alone, what could he do?
Frank moved down onto the couch, its soft worn cushions welcoming his body. He sat for a moment, staring out of the window to the street before drifting off to a deep sleep.