Untitled

Chapter 19

Gerard moved close, reaching out his finger for the little girl, who responded by grabbing it tightly in her grip and letting out a raspberry. 'bab ba bab ba' She spoke.
"Babb bab bab bab" Gerard returned the gurgle with a smile.
"Gerard, meet Kally." Frank turned to look Gerard in the eye.
"Great to meet you little one." Gerard poked the baby's little tummy, making her giggle.
"Awwww she likes you!" Amanda held her hands up to her face in delight.
Frank and Gerard laughed as the baby proceeded to flap her arms at the attention. Ray smiled on at the couple.
"Thanks ever so much for taking care of her." Frank voiced.
"Any time Frankie." Amanda said.
"You can stay any time you know, you don't have to go yet." Ray moved closer to the group, placing his coffee down on the side table.
"Nah, we better be moving on now." Frank assured.
"But where are you gunna go? You're under police search Frank. They'll catch up with you some time." Amanda spoke.
"I know."
"And your not in any state to just go off. Where will you stay?"
"I know, I know."
"You're better off just telling them where you are, they'll be less harsh if you give it up. You'll make it worse by running away."
"Okay, I know, but you don't understand!" Franks tone was slightly annoyed. He passed the baby to Gerard, who was still transfixed on her. "I can't not be with these two, I can't live without them, I need to be around them. Or i'm nothing!" He paused, looking at Amanda, then Ray "I never asked for this to happen. I never asked to be forced to take my own daughter, my own flesh and blood, and feel the need to leave the country!" Gerard nodded as Frank spoke. "I just wanna be happy, with people I love, and who love me back."
"Okay Frank, i'm sorry for nagging you." Amanda apologised. "Of course we will always help you in anyway we can, and respect your decision. Even if we feel its a wrong one. And of course we have had no contact with you and don't know anything about it." She placed her hand on Frank's shoulder. "You just gotta do what you gotta do."
"Yeah." Ray joined in.
Frank nodded. Knowing it was time to make the escape. He turned to Gerard "Do you know the way to the nearest ferries dock?"
"Yup."
"Okay, well its time." Frank looked to Gerard, Gerard looked back.

It was time.

"Okay well if you think its the best idea. I hate to see you do this Frank. But its your choice. Your a full grown man." Amanda said as Frank and Gerard, still holding the baby, made their way to the door. Frank grabbed the baby bag and car seat.
"I cant thank you two enough for all you've done. I owe you big time." Frank hugged Amanda, then Ray.
"Take care dude," Ray broke from the hug. "and you two." He waved to the baby.
"Wave to unky Ray." Gerard smiled, waving.
"Oh Frank please be careful." Amanda hugged Frank again, wiping a tear from her eye.
"Awww Mand, we'll be fine." Frank hugged her tight. Ray moved in, taking the two in his arms, in a group hug. Amanda took her head from Frank's shoulder, and embrased in Ray's arms, as he stopped the tear drop that rolled down her cheek with his finger.
"Okay, we won't be in contact hopefully" Frank smiled sadly, feeling extremely scared. Once he left this house, he knew he couldn't come back. However, he felt strong with Gerard beside him.
They made their way out side, looking each way to make sure no one spotted them. Once in the car, they began to drive away. Amanda and Ray had already gone inside. They pulled away. They we're actually going to do this.

"I'm so scared Ray." Amanda sobbed as they watched the young family drive away.