Untitled

Chapter 23

Gerard held the bottle up to kally's lips. Like a baby bird, her mouth opened and closed and she wriggled in his arms. He felt happy to be with her. She was so beautiful. Just like Frank in every way. He continued to hold the bottle in place as she guzzled the milk. She must of been real hungry. Gerard smiled down on the baby as he hugged her tightly in his lap, his arms around her tiny body. He loved her the minute her saw her.

"Your a natural."

Franks head appeared to the side of Gerard as Gee had now moved to the front passenger seat. Gerard looked back and smiled, he finally felt like he belonged to something really amazing.

"Thanks, I was a little worried but..." Gerard started
"Nah your doing great" Frankie smiled and placed his hand on Gerard's shoulder.
"How are you feeling now?" Gerard turned back to the little girl as he spoke.
"A little dizzy, and sick. But okay I guess."

Gerard smiled. They were all together now and away from all the trouble. His mind went back to the woman he had seen before. He wanted to see her again. But why? He had everything perfect here. Who was she anyways? He cast his mind away from her. Trying to think of something else. Bert flashed into his vision. The reason he'd wanted to get away so bad with Frank. Frank was in danger, but for more than just the police. Bert had always had a thing for Gerard. Of course Gerard couldn't see it. He'd supplied Gerard with drugs and booze, to 'try and win his heart'. Mikey had always thought Bert was trying it on with Gee, trying to get him so stoned or drunk he wouldn't know what was happening. Reason number one why Mikey hated Bert.
Bert was always jealous of Gerard's relationships with people, again Gerard could never see it. He'd meet Gerard outside work everyday, so he could check up on him and even held a grudge against Mikey. Just 'coz they were brothers. Reason number two why Mikey hated Bert.
Gerard and Franks relationship was no different. In fact it was tainted. It had stained Bert with a feel for revenge. He hated this "Frank" guy that Gerard had spoke about and could think of nothing better than to get rid of Frank. Gerard had realised Mikey was right when Bert turned for the worst. He'd demanded that Gerard was to pay him back for all the drugs he had given him within a small space of time. Over wise Frank would be taken as repayment. Gerard hadn't know what to do. He didn't know whether Bert would really do some of the things he had said, if Gerard didn't do as he had been told. But he didn't have that sort of money, and there was no way a crappy book store job was gunna do the trick. Gerard had to just get away, with Frank. That's why he hadn't asked questions or anything when he heard about the baby. It was better now though. They were on their was to England and no one could hurt them.