Untitled

Chapter 24

All was quiet in the small one bedroom house. Jenny laid across her bed, as she had done all day, all week even. She looked at the bottle which stood on her bed side table, the intoxicating liquid called for her. She reached for it, unscrewing the cap and taking her 7th swig of the last half an hour. The whiskey was sharp, it burnt at the back of her throat as she swallowed, but this soon turned to warmth. She looked over at Kally's cot. The baby had only been a way to get at Frank to begin with, she used the pregnancy to get what ever she wanted. But now, Jenny had a dark secret and it wasn't working to her advantage as it had before. She didn't really want the baby in the first place. She put it down to Frank. The fact was that the baby bound them together, but really it was her own stupid mistake for bringing a baby into the world with someone, who she didn't really want to be with. Frank had always been a push over in her eyes. He wasn't a real man, he was just a bank account to her, something she could take money from at the click of her fingers. He'd provide everything for her, and she knew that if it wasn't for the baby, he would have left a long time ago. That's why she kept Kally. Jenny placed the bottle back thinking about what would happen if they really never came back. She'd have to get a job and that would never do. She'd never worked at anything, apart from being a boozer. She was real good at that. She slumped back to her position where she continued to stare at the wall. She was sick to death of playing the poor mother who's baby had been kidnapped for the press. Really she wasn't bothered that Frank had taken the baby, just that she wasn't benefiting from his job anymore.

Moments past as Jenny thought through the other part of her secret life. The man she'd started seeing, just months before she fell pregnant with Kally. She'd been cheating on Frank the whole time. He was tall and dark skinned, the total opposite to Frank. She'd worried at first when she found out she was pregnant, in case it wasn't Frank's, and her secret had been exposed, but blood tests behind Frank's back confirmed the baby was his, and Jenny just continued to see this other guy after she'd had the baby. He was coming round today. She knew he was only interested in the sex, but she didn't care. He would call to say he was coming, then just let himself in with the spare key Jenny had given him. She didn't even bother to get out of bed anymore to let him in. She knew he'd be calling soon as he always had to be home for his little wifey. She smiled as she thought of how she was shagging this man behind every ones backs. He really was good in bed.

-

The sound of her phone vibrating on the bed side table, awoken her from the brief sleep she had fallen into. Sitting up, she took the phone and saw it was Greg, the guy she had been seeing in secret. She answered and was greeted with his warm honey coated voice, it was deep and manly. It made her melt as he confirmed hed be round soon. She told him the door was open, and to make his way up. He laughed and hung up.
Springing into action, Jenny jumped up. She needed to get changed and washed, she was still wearing the same clothes as yesterday, when he came round last. Rushing to the bathroom she washed and got dressed into yet another lacey outfit, which, unbeknown to him, Frank had footed the bill for. Plastering her face with slap, and spraying her cheap perfume, she looked at her refletion. Was she really happy?

She heard the back door open from below. That was strange. Greg had never come in that door before and he'd said he was at least three quarters of an hour away, it had only been about 30 minutes. She shrugged it off and made her way to the landing to meet him. She waited at her bedroom door as she heard someone walking to the bottom step. The foot steps stopped. Then moving further into the downstairs of the house. What was he doing? She thought as she moved closer to the top of the stairs. The footsteps came back and what she saw made her scream.

"Shut your fucking mouth!, and hold your hands up where I can see 'em." The man was not her lover but a complete stranger, and he was holding a hand gun in her direction.
"Whoo?...who?" Jenny stuttered as the black haired man made his way up the stairs.
"Well you are a pretty little bitch aint ya? Shame your scumbag boyfriend isnt so sweet aint it?"
"Who are you? What do you want from me?"
"Wheres Frank?" He spat, his body covered in black clothes, his hair greasy and swept across his face.
"He left, do you not watch the news?"
"Dont get clever with me you little whore." The guy had walked up to her and grabed her by throat, thrusting the gun into her neck. She began screaming once more, struggling with the man, but he was too strong.

"You better get him back, 'coz he's gotta pay for what he's done, and if he dont, its gunna be your pretty little head on the chopping block!"

Before Jenny knew it the man had struck her with the gun, a blow to her face. She fell to the floor, the blood oozing from her nose. There she blacked out.