Untitled

Chapter 25

She sat, tied to a chair, the blood on her face was now dried and cracked. She looked around. She was still at the house, only now it was darker inside. She moved her wrists but they were solidly bound. Fear ran through her. She quivered at the thought of who was taking her hostage in her own home, his face haunted her vision for a second. Yelping out she tried to hush herself but it was no good. The whimpers escaped as she struggled against the thick twine. She looked around the room, her bedroom, tears flooding from her eyes. What did he want with Frank. And how could she possibley get him back? She had to, she'd die otherwise. She waited alittle longer, twisting her neck from side to side. It ached and was painful from where she had been lent forward.
The door swung open. The dark haired male entered. He still had the gun, tucked into the front of his jeans. In his hand's he had a towel and a glass of water, in which something was fizzing. He sat on the chair which was just infront of her own.
"Welcome back sleeping beauty." He spoke. His voice had no fear, no compassion. He sounded like a monster. And Jenny wasn't going to mess him about. He was for real.
She didn't reply but as he moved closer, setting the towel on the nightstand, she let out a moan of fear. This made him smile. He loved that she was terrified.
"So what's you're name then?" He held the glass upto her lips, but she turned her head away.
"No thankyou." Jenny spoke, not wanting another slap.
"It's water, and asprin. You're head hurting?" He spoke again. She looked back at him. His face looked softer now. She hesitantly allowed him to pour the liquid from the glass into her mouth. He smiled as she did, his chipped black nail's caught her eye as he took the glass away.
"Im Bert, Bert McCracken." He held out his hand, but then took it away, sniggering. "Sorry I forgot you're tied to a chair for a moment." He beamed, his face a wash with delight.
"What do you want? And who are you?" Jenny said, looking him in the eye.
"Im you're boyfriend's boyfriend's boyfriend." He smiled and tilted his head slightly at her confusion.
"What? What did you say?" The asprin hadn't set in yet and she was in no state for word games.
"Frank's been fucking my boyfriend behing our back's." Her face exploded with shock as he spoke. Was he telling the truth? Fuck, this was unbelieveable.
"Better get used to the fact my dear. In fact he's probably fucking him now." Anger began to form in Bert's voice and he started to fiddle with his trouser leg, producing a switch blade, which he flicked open and stabbed into the seat of the chair, inbetween Jenny's legs. She screamed as the force of the knife sent waves of panic through her body. She tried to move away but realising her ankles wer tied too, she couldn't get anywhere. Bert grabbed her face in both hands and looked deep into her eyes.
"Now we need to do something to resolve this, me and you." Jenny could smell alcohol on his breath. "I don't want to hurt you. I just want back whats rightfully mine. Then we can move on with our lives and forget about this whole situation okay?" He nodded, smiling that not quite with it smile that he had. Jenny just nodded back, terror in her glance once more. Bert began to loosen his grip on her face and pulled his chair closer to her's.
"Now we need to get them back. I've seen the news. You ring the police now. Tell them that Frank has called. He's fine and its all going to be fine. Say he's on his way back. You made a mistake and say im with you. Frank will hear it on the news soon enough. He'll know what to do."
Jenny looked at him in disbelief. "That will never wash, the police arn't just going to let this lie. He kidnapped my baby!" She stammered.
"Look! Do as you're told alright? I don't want to hurt you. We're pals now, me and you." He had taken the gun from his trousers and held it at her neck once again. The barrel pointing upwards, towards her brain.
"Okay okay im sorry, im sorry please don't hurt me!" She screamed.
"Shhhh good girl, good girl." Bert dropped the gun to the side, stroaking her face with his fingertips.
"Okay now, see how when you co-operate, thing's are better between us. And we need goodness right now. We're a team, me and you." Bert was crazed, Jenny was sure of it.
She agreed to do what he said. He wrote down a script of all the things she needed to say.
She was to ring the police station and demand to be put on the air, live. She would then say how she made a mistake and that her Friend Bert had been in contact with Frank and that everything was okay. Bert would then answer questions put forward by the news team. It was, in Bert's mind, a solid plan. The thing was, he knew something she didn't. He knew Gerard would come back.

After all he would never put his dear little brother's life on line.