Untitled

Chapter 26

He sat, tied to a chair. The blood on his face was now dried and cracked. In the chair behind him, his mother was also tied up, and slowly, the life was draining from her. Mikey Way sat, in the darkness staring into the black, empty space as he had done for hours. He knew the person who had done this.
His body was to weak. He listened as him mom's breathing became slower. Crying out for her, but she never replied. He was sorry for all the times he had spoken out of line to her. He was sorry for all the times when he would wish she would stop nagging. He was sorry for telling her to leave it when she found out Gerard had gone. All he wished for was for her to say she was okay, just to hear her voice. He moved his fingers, feeling the back of her chair. The thick sharp twine cut at his wrists, more with every movement. He didn't know when Bert would be back. Or if Gerard would ever come home and find his brother and mom dead in the basement.

Death was all Mikey could think of. He had seen Bert be violent to his mother. He had lashed out and Bert had almost stabbed him. Then, after tying the two up, Bert had told Mikey not to try anything, otherwise they would both die. Mikey closed his eyes, there was no difference between them being open or closed, only the fact that another teardrop ran down his cheek with each blink. And anyway, his glasses had been smashed so badly, he wouldn't be able to see through the lenses anyhow.

Mikey wished Gerard would come home. In a way, he knew he could count on Gerard. However he hated Gerard for this. Mikey felt this was Gerard's fault in a way. He had warned Gee about Bert. But he just wouldn't listen. And now this was what it had come to.

Mikey looked on into the darkness once more.. Was they going to die here?