Untitled

Chapter 27.

The baby was sleeping, softly in her car seat. Gerard gazed at her with Frank by his side. Frank was sleeping too, and Gerard compared the two. Same general face shape, apart from Kally had the chubby baby look. Same nose, and same dark hair.
The tape player hummed quietly in the background. It was Gerard's mom's tape. The music was grating on Gee, but the baby had liked it. Gerard turned in his seat, feeling tense, from coming down off the liquid drug he had taken hours ago. He looked at the small tape player and decided the radio would be a better option. Twisting the dial, Gerard had to wake Frank in a hurry at what he heard.

"It's all been a big mistake, we've spoken to the mother and she's confirmed that the baby is in safe hands and will shortly be reunited with her."

Frank rubbed his eyes as he sat upright. The news reporter carried on talking to the Police officer that was answering questions.

"So has anyone else been in contact other then the mother regarding the father and babies' whereabouts?"

"Yes, a close family friend also called with the mother, a Mr Macracken. He confirmed that he had spoken to the father and there had been a mix up that lead to Mrs Foster, the child's mother to believe that she had gone missing. There has been no attempts for either to leave the country and we have concluded that it has been a hugh mix up."

Gerard's face had turned a paler shade of white. Frank noticed and turned the radio off.

"Gerard, whats up?"
"Bert, Hee...he has Mikey!"
"What?!? Calm down, what do you mean? Mr Macracken?"
"Bert, Bert McCracken.He warned me that if I didn't pay him back he would make me pay a different way. He threatened to hurt you, but...but I couldn't risk it and I left with you and now, and now he has Mikey!!!"
"Me? That guy Bert? How does he have Mikey! Why would he want m.."

Gerard started to leave the car. The pair both exited and Frank dashed round to Gerard, who was now sweating and pacing up and down.

"SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT!!!" Gerard banged his hands against his head.
"Gee, baby calm down please!" Frank tried to console him but it was no good.
"Fuck Frank! If he hurts him Frank, one hair on his head,.... I need to go back. I need to ring him." Gerard went back into the car door, for his phone. He was shaking and the sweat had turned cold already. Frank watched on in dispair, biting his lip ring as Gerard tried his home phone number time and time again.

There was no answer.

Gerard broke down, tears streamed down his face and his knees buckled. He landing in a heap on the floor, Frank by his side. He wept, knowing he had put Mikey in so much danger.