Untitled

Chapter 5

They returned to the outside air. The darkness still all around. Taking a seat just under the bridge's shelter the couple held each other, within a loving hold.
"I got you a gift, here." Gerard took his one strap shoulder bag, lifted the flap and produced a small box. It was about 15 by 15 cm, wrapped in sparkling red wrapping, held in place with black ribbon.
"Awww you shouldn't have, I didn't get you anything." Frank was shocked by the present. He had never been giving a gift out of the blue before. His childhood had happened in a broken home. His dad had left when he was small and money was always tight. Gifts were real rare. That's why he stayed with his bitch of a girlfriend, he didn't want Kally to go through the same as he did.
"I don't expect you to get me anything." Gerard smiled as he saw how happy Frankie was. "Your happiness is enough for me."
Frank undid the ribbon really carefully, his skin tingling. The paper began to unfold from the box as the ribbon was taken away. The box was plain cardboard, branded only with a make Frank hadn't heard of. He opened the box, inside was a cell phone, some weird card, that Frank didn't know what to do with and a small hand held sized pocket diary.
"No way!!!" Frank was stunned, bringing his hands up over his now wide open mouth. "Seriously, you shouldn't have." Frank lent forward, throwing his arms around Gerard's neck.
"Well waiting for you here, just, isn't enough anymore Frank. This way we can keep in touch." Gerard reached into his pocket and pulled out another phone, identical to Frank's new one.
"Ha we got the same!" Frank held his up to Gerard's and waved it about. "So what do I do with this?" Frank picked the card up with the other hand and gestured towards Gerard. "That's for top ups, you go to a store and ask for 10 dollars on your phone, I think that's how it works." Gerard scratched his head, with slight confusion. Frank chuckled. "I'm glad i'm not the only one that doesn't know how to use these things." They both laughed again.

"And the diary?" Frank put the phone and card down, lastly taking the diary from the box.
"Look in side." Gerard smiled.
Frank began to open the small book. Inside the first page, small scruffy writing read, 'To Frank, think of us when we're apart, follow your heart when your lonely....' Frank looked up at Gerard, who was now looking down at the ground where they both sat. He was blushing at Frank reading it out loud, but Frank couldn't tell. He continued to flick though the pages. On the third page was an address, in the same hand writing. Gerard lent forward and pointed to the writing. "I want you to come round when ever you can, I mean if you want and that?" Frank just nodded and smiled.
"I don't have your number." Frank interrupted the perfect silence.
"Turn on your phone, its at the top" Gerard pointed to the power key on his. Frank did as he was told, the screen lit up, illuminating Franks face. The screen changed image a few times and then a message popped up. ' I love you, gee xoxo '
"Awwwwww your are unbelievable!" Frank kissed Gerard's cheek, making them both giggle. When the phone was fully loaded Gerard showed Frank how to get to the phone book and dial his number. He pressed call to demonstrate to Frank and his ring tone began to sound.
"Okay, that's awesome."
"Here I want a picture, for my background" Gerard pressed all different buttons and then took a picture of Frank, who naturally pulled a silly face. The pair laughed as Gerard showed Frank and then it was set on background.
"Can I do that too" Frank passed the phone to Gerard for him to get camera up. They repeated the process. Soon it was getting near to midnight.

Having sat talking and smoking till dawn, the pair huddled together, both resting their head on each other. Frank's eyes were tightly shut, as he napped. Gerard was still awake. He was good at keeping awake.
"Frankie, Frankie wake up" Gerard turned and stroked Frank's face, making him stir.
"Whaa?" Frank hadn't come to yet.
"We need to move soon darling, people will be walking their dogs and what not." Gerard helped pull Frank to his feet as he had got up himself. "And I gotta go to work"
Frank didn't want to hear these words, that meant he had to leave Gerard and face the music. They stood embraced for a moment. "Don't forget I love you Frank, and i'm only ever a phone call away."
"Ill never forget, I love you so much" Frank pressed his lips to Gerard's. "I love you so much"

The moment couldn't last forever, and after a final good bye Gerard ran off up the grassy verge, leaving Frank alone once more.