Untitled

Chapter 7

Driving towards the other side of town, Frank winced as the pain from his arm warned him he need to get it bandaged up. He made a plan to ring Jenny's mum, tell her things were okay and that he was coming to pick Kally up because they were going away or a short break, to patch things up. He would then go to the house, get his little girl and drive to Gerard's house and wait for him. But wait. Gerard didn't know he had a daughter. What if he didn't want to speak to him again? What if he freaked out big time? Frank wondered whether Gerard's was a good place to go. He coundn't think of anyone else who he'd rather be with, with his daughter.

He took the cell phone and dialled Pippa's number. It rang for a few minutes. "Answer god damn it!"
The line crackled.
"Hello?"
"Hey Pippa, its Frank."
"Frank? why are you ringing?"
"Jenny and I have decided to go away, for a 'few days, to sort things out." He really didnt think she was going to swallow this. "we've talked things through, and we just wanna work on being a family again. So.... i'm coming to get Kally and then i'm picking Jen up and were heading off."
"Well I want to speak to her, where is she?"
"She's ........at the mall, yeah...... she wanted them new jeans that she saw, for the trip so yeah i'm picking her up from there, after I get kally." He emphasised that.
"Oh, okay...." She sounded doubtful. "Ill see you soon then." She hung up. Frank knew she'd try and ring the house phone. But he'd taken care of that.
He was only a few minutes away now. He slowed the car at a service station. He took the first aid box from under the passenger seat and placed it on his lap. Taking out some sterile wrap, he dabbed the wound, which was now covered in dried blood, but still weeping a little. He was expert at dressing wounds. Once fully covered he pulled his top down over the bandage. Spotting a small stain of blood on his jumper, he scratched at it but it didn't budge. He looked back at the box, wondering whether she'd gotten out of the kitchen yet. He threw the box down, back on the floor by the other front seat. Starting the engine again he pulled away. Heading for Pippa's house.

He slowed the car out side the old detatched house. He glanced up to see Pippa stood at the window, waiting for his arrival. He looked in the mirror of the car. His face was a little washed out and the bump was still quiet prominant. He used his fingers to sweep his long black fringe to the other side, covering the bump and bruise that had formed. He then checked his eyes, teeth, and lip ring. Everything was in order.
He pushed the door open, stepping out of the car. The door from the house also opened, as Pippa stood, cuddling his precious baby to her body. Frank smiled at the site of his little angel. Dashing up the steps he was greeted by a shreek of delight from little Kally.
"Hello gorgeous!" He beemed, holding his arms out for the baby. She replied with a mixture of babbles and laughs as she mirrored his arm movemnet.
"Pippa" He said calmy as he reached the two.
"Hello, Frank."
"Thanks ever so much for having her, has she been good?"
"Yes, yes." Pippa's accent was strong. She thought she was posh, Frank thought she was a snob. Her gray whispy hair was tied back in a lose bun, her skirt, flowing in the wind slightly. "Now do make sure Jennifer rings me as soon as you pick her up wont you?"
"Yeah sure" Frank paused. He now had hold of Kally and was hugging her tightly to his body, her little chubby legs kicked and wriggled as she hugged back. "Da da da" She said playfully.
"Okay here is her bag, ive made a feed up or her, for the journey."
"Thanks Pip!" Frank knew she hated that.
"Its Pippa to you." She snapped back.
"Sure it is." Frank had turned and was heading down the steps. "Say good bye to grandma, Kal!" He turned and waved sarcastically. The baby attempted to wave as well, as Pippa stood with a face like thunder. "Its the last time your gunna see her Kal, so make the most of it" Frank wispered.
He reached the car and placed the baby in her child seat in the back of the car, which was already there. He hadn't done this in so long. Since she was a tiny baby. It felt so good. Once fully strapped in and happy, Frank jumped in the car and prepared to drive away. He looked back at Pippa who was still stood at the doorway, arms crossed. "So long!" He said as they drove off. He'd done it and there was no way he was going back.