Untitled

Chapter 8

Driving down the high way, he took the small diary from the seat next to him and turned to the third page. He looked at Gerard's address, he wasnt's a hundred percent sure where it was, but he knew roughly. It was near his friend's house, Ray and Amanda. Ray was Kally's second God father. Suddenly he had a plan. He headed for their house. He knew they'd both be in as Ray was a janitor at a catholic community centre, but it was only open later on in the week from thursday to sunday, and it was tuesday as far as Frank could remember. Amanda worked from home, so it was all good. He travelled along the roads, checking his baby was okay in the rear view mirror every few minutes. She was drifting off to sleep, she always did when they travelled.
Turning into Eastcroft road, Frank saw his friend's house and parked just down the road. Taking Kally from the back, in her carry car seat, he walked up the garden path, and knocked on the door. The door was solid wood with a frosted round glass window. Frank saw the reflection of a tall man, much taller than him self, with a large afro appear on the other side of the door. The lock twisted and the door began to open.
"Frank!!!" His voice was quite high pitched as he held out his arms and hugged Frank.
"Hey Toro, hope its not a bad time" Frank hugged back with his free arm.
"No no, get in here, Manda, Frankie's here, and he has baby with him!" Toro called to his girlfriend as the pair stepped in side. Amanda's cries could be heard as she came to the hallway. She was thin and blonde, with light eyeliner and plainish clothes. "Hey there!" She called as she saw the baby and Frank.
"Hey how you doing?" Frank smiled as he walked into the hallway a little further, bringing the baby to waist height so that Amanda could ummm and awww over the sleeping bundle.
"What happened?" Ray pointed to Franks head, the bump was clearly in view. Frank didn't feel so happy anymore. He thought about what to say without getting emotional. But it didn't work. A tear ran down his cheek as he explained that he'd run away with the baby, and that them two were the only people he felt he could turn to. Amanda took the baby from Frank and they sat in the small living room. Ray went to make coffee as Amanda handed Frank a tissue, placing the baby softly of the carpeted floor. Once Ray returned Frank explained every thing that had happened with Jenny, how he'd been in hospital and jumped out the window. How he'd gone home and they'ed argued. How he'd lost his temper and locked her in the kitchen. Ray and Amanda knew what the relationship was like already and assured Frank that they could stay there for a while, if he needed it.
"I just need to go see some people, get some money and work out where im gunna go. Then ill be gone." Frank looked down into his cup, the coffee hot in his hands.
"You know you cant just dissapear Frank" Amanda questioned.
"She's right, you need to tell someone dude" Ray piped up also.
"I know, I know, I just dont know what to do. They'll take her away and I won't be able to see her again." Frank sniffed hard. His nose was blocked. He hated it when that happened, his piercing always went funny.
"Nah we wont let it happen" Amanda put her hand on Frank's arm and patted comfortingly.
"You go freshen up, we'll take care of baby and then we'll sort things out when you've been and done what you need to do." Ray spoke, gesturing for Frank to follow him to the spare room.
"Dude I really appriciate this." Frank followed.

After showing Amanda where all the babies stuff was, having another coffee and brushing his teeth, Frank made his way to the door to leave. He kissed Kally good bye.
"I'll look after this little darling and we'll talk when you get back." Amanda followed Frank to the door. Ray also came.
"And dude" Ray tapped Franks shoulder. "Go get a veggie burger or something, on me. You look like you havn't eaten in a week" Ray was right, Frank hadn't eaten in at least 4 days. Frank smiled and hugged Ray.
"Thanks dude." Frank said as he accepted the 10 dollars from Ray.

He made it to his car, waved bye to his friends, then set off. He was going to Gerard's.