Dream Of Demons While You Sleep

What Did I Say?

“Annabelle that is fucked” he said trying his hardest not you yell.
“Shhhh, she isn’t asleep yet William.” He nodded and I started crying lightly, I buried my face in my hands. I felt William’s cold arms wrap around my shoulders at the same time he rubbed my back lightly,
“Come with me” he whispered in my ear.
“Where?” I asked,
“My house” he said, I shook my head
“No she’ll kill me” the tears started falling faster. He pulled me to my feet. And walked me to my room and pulled the cover back. I got in and he pulled them over me, he walked around the other side, I felt the bed shift and William’s body next to mine. I turned over and looked at him. He wasn’t under the blankets,
“Will its cold, get under the blankets you are going to freeze!” I said pulling the blankets out from under his slim body. And threw them over him,
“I thought you’d be uncomfortable to have me under the blankets with you since I’ve only really known you for the day” he whispered. I looked around at the brightly colored room. And noticed the fairy with the brown hair kind of looked like me. I brushed it off and fell asleep. I woke up when I felt his arms snake around my waist, I turned over in his arms and looked at him, he was fast asleep, I smiled and went back to sleep.

“Annabelle, will you” William went red I couldn’t understand it, what was he trying to ask?
“Will I what?” I asked
“Will you, well you know” I shook my head,
“I don’t know William you have to tell me” the embarrassment filled his face; he covered it with his hands. “William please?” I asked again.
“Will…Will you go” he covered his face again muffling the last two words.
“Will I go out with you?” I asked blushing myself. It was the only thing I could think of. He nodded his hands still covering his face.
“Yes, I will” he pulled his face away from his hands to look at me; he had a huge smile on his face.


I woke up, William was leaning his body weight on one arm.
“I didn’t know you talk in your sleep why didn’t you tell me?” he asked smiling. Shit what had I said.
“What did I say?” I asked shaky
“My name quite a few times.” He laughed.
“Loudly?” he shook his head.
“Not loud enough for her to hear I think” I let out a sigh of relief. I looked at the time 7:00am I rubbed my eyes with the palm of my hand. Yawned and got out of bed. I walked into the lounge room. I sat down on the couch and put my feet up. William came and sat on my legs.
“Ouch” I whined, “Hey Will can you help me today?”
“What do you need?” he asked as I looked around the room
“Can you draw frangipanis?” I asked
“What do they look like?” I laughed and pushed him off my legs. I grabbed a small brush, went and got water and the colors I needed. I put black paint on the brush and did the out line of it, then inside.
“Yeah they look easy enough” he told me. I walked into the kitchen and looked for what I needed to make French toast. William walked in and sat down on the stool across from me. I dipped the bread into the egg and put it on the pan. Once it was finished I put it on a plate and gave it to William while I started the next one. I ate and then started doing the rest of the flowers.

Jenna walked out and saw William in the lounge room watching me paint. He didn’t end up painting with me, said he’d rather watch, she looked at him then at me concentrating on getting the flower right. I had done about five all of them different sizes,
“His the one who was here yesterday when I slapped you wasn’t he?” I looked at her and at William, he looked calm enough,
“Yeah he was why?” I asked going back to painting. She turned to him. I froze; there was nothing I could do to stop her if she tried anything I’d just get thrown at a wall. But I cant let William get hurt, it would be unfair. He did nothing to her.
“You say anything you little brat and I’ll kill you personally, what happens to her in these walls stay here. Do you get that?” she said pointing to me, her face in his, the horror was painted on his face. She backed away from him and waked over to me, “Everything better be done by the time I get home tonight” she warned me, I nodded quickly.
“Am I aloud to ask where are you going?”
“It’s none of you business where I go!” she yelled, storming into the bathroom, the water started and I let out a sigh, sitting down leaning my head agents the wall.
“She isn’t much of a mother” William said his eyes still wide.
“William calm down. I know she not a very good mother but she is the only one I’ve got Will. Besides I’m not going to leave because I have no where to go”
“I thought she was going to hit you again.” He admitted turning his head towards the door so i couldn't see his eyes.
“That was really random but I did too.” I admitted, I got up and started painting.

By the time Jenna had left I’d gone about 15 more flowers, she looked at her wall which was half done, and she smiled, Jenna Vivian Thorn smiled! My bitchy mother who never smiles at anything SMILED! I was amazed. She closed the door and I broke out in laughter and fell over. William looked over the couch.
“Are you okay?” he asked I just kept laughing I couldn’t stop. “Annabelle” no response only laughter. I calmed down,
“She smiled William!” I laughed again. He raised both eyebrows and laughed at me. The door opened showing Sam in the door way.
“It was open and I heard you laughing” I nodded, she cocked an eyebrow at me. I stopped laughing. “What was so funny?” she asked looking at me then at William then at me again.
“Some thing William said” I explained, I didn’t want her to know about how my mother treats me. She nodded,
“So am I painting this bathroom for not?” I nodded,
“Yeah, the paint you need is in my room.” I said, she nodded and walked into the bathroom. William disappeared into my room he came out with a paint brush. I cocked an eyebrow. He dipped it in the black paint. I looked at him, he smiled at me. He walked over to me and drew something on my left cheek. He disappeared again and came back with read on the brush. I looked at him as if her were crazy. He colored in what ever he drew. I shook my head and went back to painting the flowers. I finished the wall and admired it again,
“Wow so many flowers!” I laughed looking at it. “Lilly’s next, into the kitchen we go” I picked up the paint and walked into the kitchen and started painting; William grabbed the hand that had the paint brush in it. “What is it?” I said tugging on my arm,

“Annabelle take a break, you’ve been working on this since eight” I sighed.
“William I need to get this done. If I don’t I’ll be beat, wait I’ll probably be beat anyway but I need to get it done!” I tugged my arm out of his grip and pressed on laying out newspaper so I could start painting. He pulled me up. And took me out the front,
“Calm down she probably won’t be back until late you have all day” I shook my head,
“Just let me finish that wall” I whined.
“You can do one flower” he said trying to compromise. I sighed in defeat.
“Fine, I walked back inside and painted the flower. I made it as big as the wall; William laughed and shook his head.
“I shouldn’t have said you could do one” he picked up and brush and helped me paint it. When it was finished Sam walked out and looked at it. Her eyes were wide,
“Wow, nice” she said. “Will I’m going home, are you staying here?” he looked at me then at his pain covered clothes.
“Come on your coming to my house then we are going out.” he said to me dragging me out the front door. Sam looked at him weirdly then shook her head.