When I Come Around

When I Come Around

"Mia! Could you take Sophie to the park, please?" my mother asked me. "I have to go to work, Mia!"

"Yeah, sure." I replied turning off the TV. "I'll be ready in a second."

I went to my room, which looks like this: The walls are black and covered in MCR, Green day, Fall out boy and Bullet for my valentine posters. All the furniture is white. The room is quite big actually 'cause it's in the attic. Anyways...
I grabbed my purse and put on my black converse, then I went back down to the kitchen, where Sophie, my sister, was waiting for me.

"So, are you ready to go?" I asked her bending down to her level.

"Yes." she replied with her sweet voice. She's 5 by the way.

"OK, then. Let's go! Bye mom!"

I took her hand and we walked to the park, which is by the way very close to our house.
Now I think it is time for me to introduce myself a little bit more. My full name is Mia Anna Black and I hate my name. I'm 13 and I live with my mother and my sister Sophie in Berkley, California. You will ask where's my father. Well, he died in the 911 a few years back. That's when my mother decided to move out from New York and come to Berkley. As you probably realized by now, I listen to punk rock music. My favorite band is of course Green day. Now, let's get back to the story.

Once we came to the park Sophie immediately ran to the swings. I watched her for a while, until I got bored and started thinking about a new story I could post on the site Geek Stink Breath. You see, I love writing stories, poems and songs. I was actually in a band back in New York. But we separated when I had to move to Berkley. Unfortunately. I've been looking for band members ever since we moved here, but I didn't found anybody. I decided to write another story about how Tré adopted a girl around my age. Just another typical Green day story.

I looked to where Sophie was supposed to be, but she wasn't there.
Oh my God! Where is she? Mom is going to kill me!
I started panicking and searching her everywhere.
Where could she go? Did someone kidnap her? What will happen if I don't find her?
I was crying and shouting her name. I knew that I will have another panic attack, as usual, so I tried to calm myself, but it wasn't really working. Then everything went black and I passed out.

***

I woke up when I heard someone arguing on the phone I think. It was a man saying something like "Hey! It's not my fault, Adie, that you're the only girl in the house!" and then "Yeah, I'm at Mike's house... OK. Bye. I love you too Adie. Bye." Then he hung up and put his phone back to his pocket.

I took a good look at him, when he was staring trough the window. I don't think he knew that I am awake. He had black hair, I didn't see the face. He was dressed in black tight pants, black converse and a black t- shirt. I thought, that I recognized his voice from somewhere, I just couldn't tell. Then I remembered. Sophie! Where is she? Oh, I hope she's OK.

I couldn't stand this anymore, so I called the man quietly: "Um... Sir?"

He suddenly turned around and replied: "Hi Mia. You're awake! Did I wake you up?"

How did he know my name? I was really confused by now. And where was I? I realized from the phone conversation, that this is Mike's house. But who is Mike?

"Um... Sir..."

"Please call me Billie Joe."

Billie Joe? That sounds familiar. Oh, my God, this is Billie Joe from Green day. What is he doing here? Where am I?

"Um,..." I started again. "Where am I? And where's my sister? Is she OK? Why the hell is Billie Joe, the Billie Joe here with me?"

"Wow, wow! One, one question at the time and two, you're starting to talk to yourself."

"OK. First question. How do you know my name?"

"Well, umm... Let me tell you the whole story. I think that will clear a few things out. So, where do I start? Oh, yeah. I was just walking in the park, like I usually do when I'm writing a song or just thinking, you know? So, I sat on one of the benches and started writing a new song when I saw a little girl crying. I went to her and asked her why is she crying. She told me, that she lost her sister, Mia. Then I asked her what's her name and she told me, that she's Sophie. Then I heard someone calling her name. I suppose that was you. So, I lifted her from the ground and quickly walked towards the voice. Then the shouting stopped and I saw you on the ground. You were having a panic attack and then you passed out. Sophie told me, that you were her sister. I was going to take you home, but she couldn't tell me where you live. That's why I took you to Mike's house. I didn't want Adrienne and the boys to see their husband and dad walk in the house with a little girl by his side and a teenage girl in his hands, you know? Any other questions?"

Wow, that's some story.

"That explains a lot. Well, thank you for being so kind to take care of me and my sister. Thank you. You really are a nice person."

"Hey, no problem. I like to help. So I take it that you are a fan then?"

"Yeah, I've been listening to Green day for like, 5, 6 years or something."

"Well, that's something. Do you want to see your sister?"

"Yeah. And I want to thank to Mike too, for being so nice and letting us stay here."

"OK, then. And as I already said, I like to help and Mike likes to help too."

I couldn't help but smile.
He led me out of the huge guest bedroom into an even bigger living room, where my sister was, sitting on the couch, with Mike Dirnt, watching cartoons. She turned towards me and ran into my arms for a hug. Mike came to me too.

"Oh, Sophie, I'm so glad too see you."

When she let go I hugged Mike and Billie and thanked them again. I just couldn't believe that everything was all right.

"Well, we better take you guys home." Mike said.

"Good idea, my mum is probably very worried by now. I wonder why she didn't call." I replied.