When I Come Around

Where have you gone?

We all piled up in Mike's car and I gave Mike directions. My house was actually close to his.
We got there and I saw that mom's car wasn't there. That made me think. Mike and Billie decided to go with us, since they insisted to explain everything to my mom. Anyways, we all went to the door, but it was locked.

"That's weird. Mom should be home at this time and she would call if anything went wrong. It's just weird." I was thinking out loud.

"Well, do you have a key?" Billie asked.

"Yeah, sure," I replied and took the key from my purse. I unlocked the door and we stepped inside.

"Mom?" I yelled. There was no answer, so we checked every room in the house. She wasn't there.

We all sat down on the sofa, thinking, well, except for Sophie. She fell asleep in the car, so we put her in bed.

Billie Joe was the first to break the silence: "What about your father? When does he get home?"

Shit! I didn't tell them about my dad.

"Well... " I started. "He died a few years back."

"Fuck... I'm so sorry," He said pulling me into a big hug, Mike did the same.

"So, what else should we know about you? It's not like we have something better to do right now," Mike said.

"But why do you care about me so much?"

"Because we like you," Mike answered simply.

"Man, you know that that sounded really, really weird?" Billie commented.

"What I meant was, that Billie and me think, that you are a great girl... I mean person and we wanna hang out with you," Mike continued.

"Yeah," Billie said.

"Ok, then. What do you want to know?" I asked.

"Tell us something in general about you. You don't have to talk about your dad if you don't want to," Billie Joe answered.

"Well, as you already know, my name is Mia. Mia Anna Black actually. I was born on February 17th in New York. My mother's and father's names were Lindsey and Nick. We lived in a big apartment in the center of New York. My mom was a doctor and my dad was a lawyer. Mum quit her job in the year 2000, because she was pregnant with my sister, Sophie Mariah. We all lived a happy life. And then the September 11th came. My dad had an urgent meeting in one of those buildings. He said, that he'll be back soon. I didn't even said a proper goodbye to him... Oh, I feel so bad about it right now. But that's not important now. Right after the... The funeral my mom said to pack my stuff. When I asked her about it she only said, that we're moving to somewhere in California and that I will love it. I realized that we moved to Berkley when she mentioned my grandmother. She died last year. The first day we came here I saw a big poster saying, that Green day was having a concert that night. I felt like a change and I went to the concert. I swear it made me forget all my problems. The next day I asked mum for some money and I bought all you cds including Bullet in a bible. I enjoyed every song of every album. So... That's about it."

"I'm sorry..." Mike said hugging me. Billie hugged me too.

"Now it's your turn," I sad smiling again.

"Don't you know everything about us? I mean, you are a fan aren't you?" Billie asked. Mike just nodded.

"Yeah, but I want to know your part of the story." I said with a smile.

"Ok, I'm sure you know we are the sexiest members of a band called Green Day," Billie said.

So we talked a bit, no, wait a minute... We talked a lot! They told me so much and they are very different than they show them on TV. Well, I don't know for Tré, cause he wasn't there, but Mike and Billie Joe are very different. But I won't bother you with the details from the conversation.

I looked at the clock and said shocked, "Oh, my god! It's 8 o'clock. We've been talking for like 2 hours."

"Shit! Adie is going to kill me! You don't mind if I tell her about you, huh?" said Billie Joe.

"No, I don't mind. And thanks for staying here. Oh, and tell Adrienne, that I said hi," I replied hugging him goodbye and showing him the way to the front door. Mike followed me.

"So, what do you wanna do next?" he asked.

"Well, don't you have to go home or something? And don't take this the wrong way. I mean, I enjoy your company. I really do. I really can talk to you, you know? I fell like I can tell you everything."

"I'm glad to hear that. And I enjoy your company too. Besides, I hate to stay alone in my big house. Especially since Estelle left."

"I can imagine. And what about Tre?"

"You can't be serious."

"Ok, then. So, you wanna eat something?"

"Sure." Mike smiled and followed me to the kitchen.

"How about some french fries?" he asked.

"Ok, I'll make them. Can you go check up on Sophie?" I answered.

"Ok."

He quietly walked up the stairs and I started making the fries. They were done pretty quickly, so I went to Sophie's room, too.
I peered in the room and saw Mike reading a story to her.

Awww... This is so sweet.

She feel asleep and we went to the kitchen.

"She's a great kid. Reminds me of Stella." Mike said.

"By what you told me I think she's pretty cool."

"Sure. I love her. I mean, she gives me an excuse to watch cartoons."

We both laughed at that comment. We set the table and ate the fries in silence.
I was just going to say something when Mike asked, "What about your mother?"

"I don't know. She should be back by now. I'll call her again." I said pulling my phone out of my pocket. It rang for about ten times when I hung up.

"Still nothing?" he asked.

"Nope. Maybe I should call the hospital or the police," I suggested.

"That's a good idea. I'll call if you want."

"Thanks."

"What's her name again?"

"Lindsey, Lindsey Jocelyn Black."

He went to the living room and left me with my thoughts. He was back quickly and he had a sad look on his face.

"What? What is it? Tell me!" I said standing up from the table.