When I Come Around

Believe it or not, this is the truth.

"I called the hospital. They said that your mother was in a car accident. I'm sorry, Mia, but she died on the way to the hospital." Mike said quietly.

I couldn't believe it. There must be some mistake! She can't be dead. Where am I going to stay?

"No, Mike, tell me that this isn't the truth." I sad looking deep in his blue eyes.

"It's not a mistake, Mia. She's gone. I'm so sorry." He sad sadly hugging me tightly.

"But where are we going to stay? I mean, none of our relatives live here."

"I believe, that they'll put you in an orphanage or in an foster home. Until then, I can stay here and watch out for you."

"Thank you Mike, thank you for everything."

"It's ok."

"Well, I better get ready for bed, I'm tired as hell."

"You go ahead. I'll just go back to my place to pick up some clothes and stuff."

"Ok. I'll prepare the guest bedroom for you."

"You don't have to. I can just sleep on the couch or something."

"Come on, that's at least I can do."

"Ok, but only of you want to." Mike said smiling and walking out of the house.

I went upstairs to the guest bedroom and set the bed. Then I walked back to my sister's room, to see if she was still asleep. She was, so I went to the bathroom and did all the stuff you normally do before you go to bed. I won't go into details. I was already in my bed listening to my I-pod when I heard someone knock on my door. Oh, so Mike's back.

"Come in." I said turning off the I-pod. He opened the door and sat on the end of my bed.

"I see you're back." I said.

"Yeah. Great room by the way."

"Thanks. I like it too. How did you know where was I?"

"Oh, you told me that you have your bedroom in the attic, remember?"

"Oh, yeah. I completely forgot."

"But there's one thing you didn't tell me."

»Yeah, right. Follow me.« I said getting out of bed and walking pass him to the guest bedroom.

"There you go. This is your room. The bathroom in trough that door and if you need anything you know where I'll be."

"Ok....That feels so weird. I'm the one that usually says that... Anyways... Good night."

"Good night." I answered and made my way to my bedroom.

"Mia."

"Yes?" I said turning back to him.

"If you need someone to talk to I' ll be here. Don't be afraid to ask. Good night."

"I'll keep that in mind. Good night."

I went back to my bedroom and lied down to my bed. 'This is going to be a tough night'I thought and closed my eyes.