Status: Permanent Hiatus due to the tragedy of The Rev's untimely death. RIP Jimmy

You Say You Want A Revolution

Chapter One

“Ah! Fuck!” Zakk screamed, trying not to move as I shaded in the tattoo of his girlfriend’s name over his heart.

“Shut up, Zakk, seriously. You’re more of a baby than Venge when she got her first tattoo.” I said, wiping the excess ink and blood off his skin.

Venge glared at me from behind the receptionist desk where she was filing some papers from the new clients and working on her portfolio. “You were crying harder than I was, Lotus.”

I rolled my eyes and finished the last letter, smiling at my handy work. “There ya go.” I told him, passing him the mirror so he could look at it.

“Aww, baby. That was so sweet.” Zakk’s girlfriend, Bobbye, said, looking at her name permanently inked into his skin above his heart.

He smiled and kissed her, “It’s ‘cause I love you.” He said, standing up.

I laughed, “You two are adorable.” I told them, grabbing the digital camera. “Smile for the album, Zakk.” I said, having known the kid ever since his band had gotten signed to my brother’s band’s label and started spending a lot of time in Cali.

Venge rolled her eyes and put away her portfolio, walking over to look at the tattoo. “I could’ve done better, you know.” She said.

I shook my head, “Okay, Venge, whatever.” I told her, looking up as the front door opened. “Uh… hi.” I said, a bit in shock.

“Venge!” A shortish, black-haired man in glasses cried, running in and hugging her.

She looked at him oddly, “What the fuck are you doing here?” She asked, too shocked to push him away at first.

“What, we can’t come to see our favorite bitches in HB?” A taller man said, walking in with a smirk at me.

“Ah! Bri!” I cried, running over and jumping on him, hugging him tightly.

“That’s all well and good, but we don’t WANT you here.” Venge said, prying herself away from one of our best friends.

“Well, too bad. We’re here.” Zacky told her, frowning a bit. “Why are you listening to this shit music instead of our genius?!” He asked her.

“Because Foo Fighters are NOT shit music, Zachary.” She said, scowling at him.

“I second that!” I said, snickering a little as I added fuel to the fire.

“You shouldn’t do that, you know. They’ll fight for hours.” Syn said, hugging me tightly and pulling me into his lap on the couch in the waiting area of the shop.

“Where is she?” Johnny cried, running in and looking around for his girlfriend frantically.

I looked up from making fun of Syn and laughed a little, “I think she’s-”

“Johnny!” Ashlynn screamed, running out of the back lounge to tackle her boyfriend and smother him with kisses. “I’ve fucking missed you!” She said excitedly, kissing him more.

I rolled my eyes and went back to flirting with my best guy friend.

“Dave Grohl is an excellent musician you fuckass!” Venge yelled at him.

“In what alternate dimension?” Zacky asked, his arms crossed over his chest.

“In this and every dimension, Zachary!” She said, getting thoroughly annoyed.

I looked up again to see Matt, another best friend, and my ex, sneak into the back and change the CD to their newest album, making me laugh. “Well, that’s just gonna piss her off even more.”

Syn laughed, “I think that’s the point.” He told me.

“Why don’t you take your left-handed guitars and shove them-” She stopped, hearing a different voice drifting from the speakers. “What is the matter with you people? Are you that egotistical that you must listen to yourselves?”

“Yes.” They all replied in unison, grinning at her.

She groaned and threw her hands in the air, storming off into the back, grumbling profanities, with Zacky following after her.

I laughed at my temperamental best friend and looked around, “Where is my brother?” I asked.

“He went to see Leana. He should be here sometime next month.” Matt told me, falling onto the couch next to Syn and me with a beer.

“Gee, thanks for that mental image.” I said, looking over the back of the couch. “Ash… Could you detach yourself from Johnny long enough to take it to the back?”

She looked up, “No.”

Zakk and Bobbye laughed, heading to the waiting area to occupy the second couch.

“Get off the man, Ash.” Bobbye said, nudging her with her foot.

She sighed, “Fine.” She grumbled, standing up and walking over to the couch and pulling Johnny down next to her, kissing him again.

I rolled my eyes, “Get a room you sick, sick people.” I said, resting my head on Syn’s shoulder.

“Aww, sleepy Lotus?” He asked, smirking at me.

“Shut up, Gates or I’ll shove my foot up your ass.” I threatened.

“Ooh, I might like that.” He joked.

I laughed and smacked his chest, “Shut up.”