Status: Permanent Hiatus due to the tragedy of The Rev's untimely death. RIP Jimmy

You Say You Want A Revolution

Chapter Twelve

I strolled into Revolution once I’d gotten ready and got over my hangover. I had a few appointments that needed to be done and a shit load of admin so I fixed my brain and went to work.

“Hey, Lo.” Ash said, poking her head out from the back. “There’s a package that came for you. It’s sitting on your desk.”

I looked up and grabbed my coffee, “Thanks, Ash.” I said, walking into my office and went over to the package. I set my coffee back down and slit the tape holding the flaps together, opening the box. “Oh my sweet Christianity!” I screamed, looking down in the box.

“What? What’s wrong?” Venge asked, rushing in to see why I’d screamed.

I pulled the hat from the box and turned to her, my eyes wide and my hands careful as if I were holding a baby bird. “This… This is… Slash’s… hat.” I said, hyperventilating.

“Congratulations Sherlock. Deduce that one all by yourself?” She said, smirking.

I gaped, staring at the hat like Slash would show up underneath it. “How… did this get to be in my person?”

“I dunno. Fate?” She asked, shrugging.

“Hey, Lotus. Your first appointment’s here.” Ash said.

“Thank you, sudden receptionist.” I said, putting the hat on the desk gently and walking out.

“Room two.” She said, leaning against the wall.

I nodded like I was on autopilot and walked in, snapping on my black gloves and turned. “Okay so what are we-- FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY!” I screamed.

Venge and Brian walked in, smirking.

“Happy Birthday, Lotus.” Slash said, holding a cake shaped like the hat sitting on my desk.

I gasped, holding onto the wall. “Oh my God. Slash fucking Hudson is in my studio.” I said, my eyes wide.

He laughed. “Yeah. I heard you were a fan.”

Venge snickered. “I think the reaction showed you that.”

I glared at her. “Be nice to him.”

He chuckled and held the cake out to me. “Happy Birthday.” He told me again.

I took a deep breath and took the cake from him. I nearly fainted when our hands touched during the exchange, but I stayed upright.

“Make a wish, stupid.” Brian told me.

I glared at him and made a wish, blowing out the candles and setting it on the counter. “So… Um… I’m guessing the present on my desk was from you.” I said, looking at him adoringly.

He smiled and nodded. “Brian called in a favor, and since I have a million of those hats, I figured I could give one to a hardcore fan like you.” He explained.

I looked at Brian. “You are my best friend ever.”

Venge made a face at me.

I looked over at her and smiled. “Sorry, Venge, you’ve been demoted.”

Slash chuckled and I died a little inside. “So… I was thinking of on my left calf.” He said, sitting back down on the chair.

“Huh? I’m sorry, what?” I asked, confused.

“My tattoo. I was thinking on the back of my left calf.” He told me.

“Oh… Sweet Jesus.” I muttered, leaning forward to put my head between my knees.

“What’s wrong, Lo?” Brian asked.

“She’s having an aneurysm because she gets to tattoo Slash.” Venge said.

I looked up at her and scowled. “Thanks.” I muttered, straightening and looking at him. “I’m good. I’m okay. Whatever you want, I can do.” I said, slipping into my professional zone.

He smiled and I died a little more. “Good.”

Later

“Okay, Slash. It’s done.” I said, cleaning the last of the ink off his calf and smiled up at him.

He looked down at the tattoo and smiled. “Excellent work. You are a real artist.”

I blushed but stood and pulled off the gloves. “Thanks. That means a lot. Now if I can just take a picture of it for the book.” I said, grabbing my digital camera from the counter and snapped a few pictures. “Thanks.”

“Hey. You two should take photo booth pictures.” Venge suggested, walking in while holding Doc.

Slash smiled. “Sounds cool to me.”

My heart fluttered a little but I still checked myself in the mirror and went to the photo booth, sliding in first.

We got out a minute later and I caught a glance of Brian, smirking a little and my heart stopped. I shook my head and chalked that one up to being so close to my idol. “So… Are you sticking around?” I asked Slash.

He smiled. “I wish I could, but I have other shit to do. I have to head back to the studio.” He kissed my cheek again. “But I’ll definitely be coming back for more tats.” He told me.

I grinned. “I’m honored.”

He shook Brian’s hand and kissed Venge on the cheek before walking out.

As soon as I heard his car back out of the parking lot I screamed and jumped on Brian, hugging him. “OH my God, I love you!” I said, squeezing him then hugging Venge. “I know you hate hugs, but I had to give you one.” I said, taking Doc and hugging him too. “Today is the best day ever!”

Venge rolled her eyes and looked at Brian. “Sorry. You don’t get a real confession of her love for you today, Haner.” She said, walking into the back.