Status: Permanent Hiatus due to the tragedy of The Rev's untimely death. RIP Jimmy

You Say You Want A Revolution

Chapter Four

3.12.1996
I looked up from my sketch book, hearing something tapping at my window. Thinking that it was the tree, I ignored it, until I heard a muffled voice saying my name. Sighing, I set my pencil down and walked over to the window, seeing a pair of brown eyes staring at me. “Bri, what are you doing here?” I asked, lifting the window. "Why didn't you just walk through the door?"

"I'm not supposed to leave my room." He climbed in without asking, smiling at me. “I heard you got grounded for sneaking out with us last night, too.” He told me.

“Yeah, your parents are strict.” I said, pushing his shoulder and sitting back down at my drawing table.

He walked over, “Well, I’m sorry. I‘ll make sure to not get you in trouble anymore... If I can help it.” He said, looking over my shoulder. “What’re you drawing?”

“Dunno, just some stuff.” I said, shading in the ocean water with black.

“You’re really good at that.” He complimented, sitting on the chair in front of my TV.

I smirked, “You say that every time I let you see what I’m drawing.” I said, signing my name in the corner and going to a blank page, drawing another picture.

“Why don’t you let me see half of what you draw, anyway? You know I think you rock.” He said, picking up one of my older sketch books and thumbing through it.

I turned my head, the smirk I had been wearing leaving my face in an instant. “No!” I cried, jumping from my stool and grabbing for the book. “You can’t look at those!”

He held me back, his eyes glued on a picture I’d drawn a few weeks ago. “Is that…me?” He asked.

I stopped fighting for the book, looking away embarrassed. “Yeah.”

“And you?” He questioned, examining it closer.

I blushed and nodded, having lost my voice.

“Is this what you want?” He asked softly, moving closer to me.

I shrugged, my hair covering my face, “It’s just a drawing.” I told him, looking up.

He smirked, leaning in to press his lips to mine.

We parted after a few minutes, both breathless. “Not anymore.” He whispered, his lips pressing back against mine.


I sat up most of the night, thinking about the kiss, watching random late night TV shows until it was late enough in the morning that I wouldn’t get bitched at for being awake, stepping over the passed out people on the living room floor so that I could make my way to the kitchen for coffee.

“Mornin’.” I heard, looking up to see a very hungover Matt shuffle into the kitchen.

“Mornin’.” I said, looking out the French doors at the person buried under the sheets of the bed Venge and I had put out there when we first moved in. “Who’s out there?”

Matt followed my gaze, “Uh… Brian. He’s been out there sulking since you two got back last night.” He said, taking the cup of coffee I offered him.

“Why’s he been sulking?” I asked, pouring some milk and flavoring into my mug.

“I dunno. Maybe you should answer that.” He said, smirking at me.

I rolled my eyes, “I can’t answer that because I don’t know the answer… jackass.” I said, pouring Brian a cup of coffee and heading towards the doors.

“No sex. We can see you.” Matt said as I passed.

I smirked and turned, leaning down to his ear and screaming in it, smiling with satisfaction as he clutched his head.

I walked out slowly, closing the door behind me so we could talk in private. I saw him move a little and walked over silently, seeing that he was just staring out at the ocean, looking just as tired as I did. “Hey.” I said softly.

“Hey.” He greeted in return, sitting up and taking the cup of coffee I offered. “Thanks.”

Images of last night swam through my head, forcing me to shake them away. “So… Sleep well? It must’ve been cold as hell out here.” I said, sitting on the bed a little bit away from him.

He shrugged, taking a sip of the warm beverage. “It was warm enough, plus, I didn’t sleep. Laying out here always helps me think.” He explained.

“What did you need to think about?” I asked.

“Last night.” He said simply.

I laughed, “You mean when I beat up Barbie?”

His face remained serious, “No, I meant the-”

“Brian Haner!” I heard my brother scream, walking out onto the balcony. “Why did my sister get in a fight with your girlfriend?” He asked angrily.

Brian sighed, looking at him. “We broke up and Lotus got pissed off because of it.” He said simply.

Jimmy looked at me, “Why?”

“Because he’s my best guy friend and she’s a gold digging whore who didn’t love him.” I explained, going inside for more coffee, getting a good excuse to leave the conversation with Brian.

“Hey, Lo’. We’re going surfing. Wanna come?” Venge asked, walking towards the stairs down into the ‘office.’

I shrugged, “Sure.” I said, putting the mug into the dishwasher and going change into my swimsuit and wet suit, hoping to forget about last night’s occurrences.