Status: Permanent Hiatus due to the tragedy of The Rev's untimely death. RIP Jimmy

You Say You Want A Revolution

Chapter Eight

2.14.1998

“I hate Valentine’s Day.” I said from next to my best friend on the couch of Matt’s parent’s house.

“Why? Because you don’t like seeing Brian with someone that isn’t you?” She teased, taking a swig from the bottle of Jack in her hand.

I glared. “No. I just don’t like Valentine’s Day.” I told her, taking a swig from the bottle of vodka I had.

“Happy V-Day!” Brian called cheerfully, walking into the room. “Oh, Lotus, someone left this at the house for you.” He said, handing me a teddy bear.

I took it and smiled, “Do you know who from?”

He shrugged, “It was just on the porch and it said ‘To: Lotus From: Your secret admirer.” He explained, sitting between Venge and me on the couch, taking the bottle from my hand while I cuddled the bear.

Venge looked at me, then at Brian, then at me again before finally shaking her head.

“What?” I asked, still hugging the bear tightly.

She opened her mouth to respond when the rest of the crew came in.

“Hey babe!” Matt said happily, pulling me into a hug and a kiss.

“Hey, Matt.” I said, sitting on his lap once he took my place on the couch.

“Where’d that bear come from?” He asked.

“My secret admirer.” I told him, grinning. “So thank you.”

“Me? What for?” He questioned.

“You’re my secret admirer, aren’t you?”

He shook his head, “No.”

“Oh… well, I’m flattered.” I said with a laugh.

“Who wants to play 7 Minutes in Heaven?!” Zacky screamed from the floor.

“I do!” Val and Michelle said in unison, erupting into giggles afterwards.

I looked at Venge and we made the same cringe face.

“Why would you want to play such a stupid game?” She asked him.

“Because poor Zacky gets no play and he just wants an excuse to be trapped in a closet with a chick.” Brian said with a smirk.

“Shut up, Brian. Nobody cares about you.” He stated, standing. “So, anyone else playing?”

“We’ll play.” Leana spoke up, standing and waiting for Jimmy to stand as well. “We’ll go first.” She told us, pulling Jimmy into the hall closet.

Seven minutes later they walked out, Leana’s makeup smeared and Jimmy’s shirt on inside out.

I snickered at my brother, “Nice shirt, Jimmy.” I stated, giggling.

“Shut up, Lotus.” He said, fixing it.

“Okay, next couple.” Leana announced.

I looked over at the DiBenedetto twins, seeing them awaiting their names to be called.

“Matt and… Lotus.” She said, smirking.

I laughed and pulled my current boyfriend into the closet.

Venge’s POV

I looked over at Brian, “So, when are you going to tell her you’re the secret admirer?” I asked, smirking.

“How do you know that?”

“It was only very obvious, my friend.” I told him.

“Yeah, and what about those roses you got in the middle of art class today? Any idea who they’re from?” He asked in a way that made me scowl.

“Why don’t you tell me and then I will.”

He smirked, “You’ll find out on your own some day.” He told me.

I looked at my watch and walked over to the closet, banging on the door. “It’s been ten minutes!” I screamed.

Lotus poked her head out, “You’re in a hurry to get into the closet with Zack-- I mean, someone.” She said with a grin.

I smacked her. “Put your shirt back on and get out of the closet.” I told her, walking back into the living room.

She walked out a few minutes later, holding onto Matt’s hand and also wearing his shirt. “Okay, I choose Zacky and Venge.” She stated with a grin.

I gave her the most evil glare I could manage and looked at Zacky. “I’m not being claustrophobic in a closet with him.”

He looked at me. “We could use one of the bedrooms--”

“Closet it is.” I said, walking in with Zacky close behind.


“Oh! Remember how pissed off Michelle was when you walked out with Brian?” Venge asked, sitting on the couch next to me at Revolution.

“Not nearly as pissed as Val was when I walked out after Matt.” I said, waving to Venge’s customer as they walked in.

“Shit. No more annoying you with stories of our past.” She said, following after them into her room.

“Excuse me, Ms. Lotus Sullivan?” Someone asked, walking in.

“That’s me. What can I help with?” I asked politely, standing and walking over.

“We were contacted to bring a gift to you.” He said, holding out a clipboard for me to sign.

“Does it say who it’s from?” I asked, signing it and passing it back to him.

“No, ma’am. It just says ‘To: Lotus From: Your Secret Admirer’ he told me, walking back out to his van.

I smiled a little and waited for the gift to be brought inside.

The man walked back in a few minutes later, holding a basket on one arm and a vase of blue roses in the other. “Here you go, ma’am.” He said, holding the basket out to me and setting the vase on the counter.

“Thank you.” I said, waving to him as he left. I set the basket down, hearing a whining noise coming from under the sheet. “What the hell?” I asked, pulling the sheet back to reveal a tan and white Siberian Husky puppy. “OH MY GOD!” I screamed loudly.

“What the hell is going on?!” Venge and Ash both screamed, running from their rooms.

“Someone sent me a puppy for Valentine’s day!” I squealed, holding up the puppy for them to see.

“Oh my God!” I heard shortly after the door opened. “Someone sent me a kitten!”

I turned around and grinned at Brian, who was holding a black kitten in his arms. “Someone sent me a puppy!” I said, grinning exceptionally wider, knowing who the kitten was from.

“What are you going to name it?” He asked, excitedly.

“Doc. What are you naming your kitten?!”

“Lily.”

“Oh, my God… Kill me now.” Venge said, returning to her customer.

“Aww. Kitten.” Ash said, smiling at us before returning to hers.

Later That Day

“Special delivery for a Ms. Venge Sutherland.” The same man said, walking back in.

Venge walked over, signing the paper and taking the basket from the man. “If it’s a puppy or a kitten, I will run into the ocean and drown.” She said, pulling the covering back and groaning.

“What? Did you get a pet too?” I asked, rushing over with Doc still in my arms.

“No. It’s fucking worse.” She said, holding up a pair of black fuzzy handcuffs and love dice.

I stared at her and the basket and snickered. “Wow… Your secret admirer must want in your pants, Venge.” I said, laughing.

She fake laughed, “Hey, Brian! I have your V-Day present!” She said, running over and handing him the handcuffs. “So you can use them on Lotus.” She said, smirking at me satisfactorily.

I smirked at her, “Zacky’s in love with you!” I screamed as said person walked through the door.

Her jaw dropped as well as his. “Excuse me?” She said, looking at him.

“We- I… you’re… friend… Just… I gotta go.” He said quickly, walking out the door.

She glared at me, “I fucking hate you.”

I grinned and sat back on the couch next to Brian, “Happy Valentine’s Day, Venge!”