Status: Complete

We Change, We Wait

I've been changin'.

“Honestly John, where are you taking me?” she asked me from the passenger seat again. I could feel her blue eyes on me as I drove down the familiar streets. We were headed to our favorite place in town. It was this little ice cream shop about fifteen minutes from Annie’s house.

“You’ll se soon ok, be patient,” I told her. I shot her a glance and then refocused my eyes on the road. About five minutes later and we were pulling into the parking lot. I parked and looked over at her. “This is where I’m taking you.”

“Yay! I love this place,” she said a smile adorning her face. I smiled back and leaned across the seat to kiss her cheek. We both got out and walked into the little shop. We went up the counter and got our ice cream then went to sit down. We sat at the back of the shop like we always did. “Is there any particular reason why you brought me here?” she asked after a few minutes.

“Well, two reasons actually… One, we have a show tomorrow night. I wanted to warn you before Pat ambushes you or something. Two, we’ve been together for six months today, so I thought we should do something special,” I told her. She smiled at me softly and leaned over the table. I met her half way and connected our lips. I pulled away smiling at her like a moron.

“What?” she asked with a cute little smirk.

“I love you,” I said laughing a little bit. She smiled again and so did I.

“I love you too.”


-

I woke up smiling at the memory I just dreamed. We were in the van and I was in the passenger seat because I called shot gun when we stopped. I sat up and stretched and yawned.

“It walks! It talks! It crawls on its belly like a reptile! It’s Johnny the Lizard Boy!” Pat yelled from the backseat. We all nearly passed out from laughing so hard.

“Where the fuck did you come up with that, dude, seriously?” I asked him after our laughter died down a little bit.

“My grandpa used to say that to me when I was younger, I though it was funny,” he replied.

“It’s fucking hilarious…” I told him. I looked at the clock and saw that it was noon. I had actually slept most of the night which was amazing since I’m in a freaking van. I looked around to see if I can figure out where in the hell we were… I couldn’t. “Some one wanna tell me where we are?” I asked to one in particular.

“Um, we’ve got like an hour left. If that helps,” Jared told me from the driver’s seat. I nodded and turned around in my seat to face the guys. They were talking about who all was going to be on this tour. Apparently a few really good bands were going and we weren’t the only newbies but no one remember the other band names that were new. Our talking passed the time extremely quickly. Before I knew it we were pulling into the lot where everyone was meeting today. There were seven buses and about six other vans parked at the moment. We all practically jumped out of that damn van. Pat ended up being the very last one out.

“Freedom!” he yelled as he got out of the van. He ran around it twice and stopped in front of me. “No more stinky van today!”

“Pat you’re so weird…” Garrett told him. I laughed and we headed towards where all the bands were standing around talking. We recognized the guys from Boys Like Girls, All Time Low, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Mayday Parade, and a few others. Mayday was the first to approach us.

“What’s up, you guys are The Maine right?” a guy with long brown hair asked us.

“That’d be us, Mayday Parade right?” I asked him. He nodded his head and spoke again.

“Yes sir, I’m Derek. This is Alex, Brooks, Jeremy, and Jake,” he told us as he pointed everyone out.

“Nice to meet you all, I’m John. This is Pat, Garrett, Jared, and Kennedy,” I said pointing out the guys. They all acknowledged us and we walked with them to meet everyone else and their freaking cousin. I heard so many names I could’ve written a book with them. A few more vans had pulled in and two other buses. It was about two hours after we got there. Another eleven seater pulled in and parked about three vans down from ours. Six people got out, two girls and four guys. I though they looked familiar but I couldn’t really tell. I’ll meet them eventually I guess.

I've been changin'...
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter two
sort of a filler i guess but whatever
i need comments and subscribers!!!!!!!