This Little Game We Like To Play

Dos

“What’s that girl’s name again?” Casey asks me. I swear, I have to tell him every summer when I complain to him about having to spend the summer at the beach.

“Quinn.” I answer. I know what he’s going to say next. He always says the same thing.

“Isn’t that like...a guy name?” There it is.

“She is basically a guy. She’s pretty gross, but it’s so much fun to annoy her.” I admitted. Annoying Quinn was my amusement for the summer.

“How gross, man?” Casey asks me with a with an expression on his face that makes him look constipated. “You never showed me a picture or anything.”

“Hang on. I think I know where a recent one is.” I push myself off the couch and jog down the hall until I reach my mom’s office. I rummage through a box of vacation pictures until I find one of Quinn with her head down but looking at the camera with a shy smile. I can’t deny she looked better than usual in that picture, it wouldn’t give Casey and accurate image of her but it was the most recent. I jog back to the living room and throw the picture at Casey.

“Ew. You have to see his fatty in a bathing suit?” Casey asks with a disgust while still examining the picture.

“Nah. I haven’t seen her in a bathing suit since around fourth grade.” I answer. It’s true, I never see Quinn in a bathing suit now. Which I consider myself lucky for. “I just still need to think of something to torment her with this summer.” I tell Casey sitting back down on the couch and chewing my lip ring as I rack my brain for some new form of torture.

“I’ve got it!” Casey says out of the blue. I stopped thinking about how to piss off Quinn ten minutes ago. “Confuse the hell out of her!”

“How am I going to do that?”

“Ignore her. Be mean to her. Be nice to her. Annoy her. Be too nice to her. Then ignore her again.” Casey explains with a smile.

It is a good idea. Quinn would go ballistic after about a week.

“Good idea.” I tell Casey.

“I know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
=D