This Little Game We Like To Play

Cuatro

I have no idea why I agreed to go to the beach. It was hot. There were no hot girls. Plus Maggie started screaming when dad showed her a hermit crab and Dylan was putting sand in his pants. When we got back to the house Maggie went running toward my mom. That’s when I noticed Liz drinking coffee with my mom. That meant Quinn was here, which meant the fun could begin.

I run upstairs making as much noise as possible. It always made her mad. Then I go to my room. I can hear her music through the way. I hate it. It’s so...her. I turn up Bring Me The Horizon so I can’t hear whatever shit she’s listening to. I throw myself on the floor and stare up at my ceiling fan. It’s covered in dust. Just as I think about cleaning it I can hear Quinn’s music again. I jump up from the floor with a jingle and turn my music up louder.

I hear Chris yell something. I don’t know what so I turn the music off and listen. All I hear is Quinn yell sorry. I didn’t really sound like her, well it did sound like her...only different. I decide then that I need to go see if she still looks the same.

I throw her door open and she jumps off her bed. She looks different. The same, but kind of different. She definitely lost quite a bit of weight, but she’s still fat. Her face thinned out and now you can see her strong jaw line. Her cheek bones were so defined that it looked like she needed to make a fish face to have them look that way. Her lips aren’t puckered though, they’re stuck in the same pout that they’re always stuck in. Her face is free of any blemishes and her eyebrows don’t look like they belong to a caveman. Plus it looked like she finally got boobs.

What happened to Quinn in the course of a year?

“What?” she snapped.

Clearly boobs come with an attitude. I laugh to myself. “Nothing.” and I walk downstairs. I couldn’t wait for our parents to go out tonight. They expect us, being Quinn and I, to watch the kids. We, being Quinn and I knew that she would watch the kids and I would drink until I pass out on the couch. Then Quinn would take the empty bottles any throw them out onto the beach. The next morning it was my responsibility to get rid of them. It baffles me to know that Quinn makes sure I don’t get caught even when I know how much she despises me.

“Angel!” Liz holds her arms out to me.

“Hey Liz.” I smile hugging her.

“You and Quinn gotten into your argument yet.” Liz asks.

“Not yet.” I answer taking a seat at the island . “Where are Anna and Molly?” I ask wondering where the younger Taylor girls are.

“Sleeping in their room. Car rides just wear them out.”

I nod and head toward the cabinet the alcohol is supposed to be hidden in. It wasn’t hidden very well at all. It was low to the ground and the door opened easily.

“What are you doing?” My dad asks catching me looking through at the array of bottles. Shit. Think fast. I see one of Dylan’s toy cars on the floor. Perfect.

“Dylan hide one of his cars in here. I’m just checking to make sure there are no more in here so he won’t throw a fit if one is missing.” my eyes land on the bottle I want later and I close the door.

“Oh.” dad says not put off by my apparently good lie.

“Yeah, so what time are you all going out?” I ask leaning against the rustic look cabinets. Who knew how long they’ve been in this house.

“Probably in about an hour.” Liz says.

Thank God, I cannot wait to get wasted after putting up with my parents and my siblings all day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe because it stops Global Warming! ;D
Anyhoo, I have no idea what to be for Halloween.
Any suggestions?