Messed Up Youthful Innocence

BestFriends

(Katie's point of view)

“So what’s the deal with Kayla and Drew?”

“They’re going to prom, that’s pretty much it.”

“Nothing more?” Wil said pressing me for information

“No, and I don’t want Kayla to get her hopes up cause Drew seems to have no interest in her whatsoever, there was a time, or at least I thought there was a time when he could have had some attraction to Kayla, and that he’d sincerely be truthful and ask her out. But it never happened, and he doesn’t even care right now.”

“Of course he doesn’t care; he’s more worried about you.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Well Jake thinks we’re fuck buddies”

“Oh that’s just great”

“Yeah and I think Drew thinks it too.”

“Swell. What about Petey?”

“Never found out because Jake was egging drew on about Kayla and insinuated de-
gartering involving teeth and well, Petey can do that to a girl, but he’d never allow someone to do it to Kayla.

“He’s a funny little kid. One day some girl is going to set him straight though.”

“Are you sure?”

“No”

I stretched out on Wil’s bed. It was a lot easier to hang out here because Wil’s house lacked Drew. Wil lived with just his dad, so it was pretty much a bachelor’s pad. His parents got divorced when he was little and his dad got custody, it didn’t seem to bother Wil, he saw his mom occasionally, and she would let him miss a weekend or to if he had a party to go to or something. . His dad was pretty laid back too, and didn’t mind me being there a lot. My dad however would have had a heart attack if I slept over there, which Mat said I could do anytime.

“So what’s on the agenda for your Drew free day?”

“No idea, well since he thinks we’re fuck buddies”

Wil’s eyes widened as he looked at me

“Katie, look we’re just friends, and it’s no that you’re ugly, cause you’re not”

“I was about to say just hang out here, not having sex or fooling around, but go on.”

“No”

I rolled my eyes and someone knocked on the door.

“Come in” Wil said as I sat up on the bed.

“Yeah, so I don’t feel like cooking” his dad said “so I was going to order a pizza, Katie want to stay for dinner?”

“Sure” I said smiling.