Messed Up Youthful Innocence

You've got guts to spill but no one trustworthy

{Drew's Point Of View}

I smiled hanging up with Kayla. It appeared that Pete wasn’t going too kill me, which is a really great thing. I mean its nota big deal really, but I’m her first boyfriend and well, Pete is really overprotective of Kayla. This is why we kept it quiet, sorta. Which may have in fact been a really bad idea. Either way, it’s done. I think my parents were more shocked and worried about Pete killing me than really me dating. In fact dad later came to my room and said the only reason he was mad was because we kept it a secret and if we would have told them from the get go, Pete might have handled it a little better. He then cryptically said to not get caught doing anything by Pete. Which really, could mean anything. I mean it’s not like we could sneak off in the middle of school and have sex in a janitor’s closet, those are way to gross. School was over in two weeks or so then we had the entire summer together. The kick off to summer would be Pete’s birthday party.

“What if I were to mention something about how hot you are at Pete’s birthday party?” Wil’s voice floated out of Katie’s doorway.

“Please don’t Wil.”

“For you anything.”

I stopped dead in my tracks.

“Stop It.”

“You are though Katie.”

“I don’t want to hear it.”

“From me?”

“Yes”

There was a hint of either sarcasm or laugher to Katie’s voice.

“You shouldn’t be getting worked up over this, you’re hair smells too pretty. “

“Wil! Do you really want Drew to hear you say things like that?”

“I dunno, eventually someone’s going to de-innocent you, I figure we slowly break it to him.”

“No, because there is nothing to break to him.”

“Yet”

“The way it’s looking there never will be anything.”

“Some day I promise some guy is going to come to his senses and notice you’re right in front of him”

“Yeah, right”

“Hey, think about it, Drew and Kayla hooked up.”

“Yeah cause that isn’t awkward at all for me”

“What do you mean?” Wil asked sounding concerned.

“We were just hanging out one day and suddenly she went ‘he does this thing with his tongue’ and I was so grossed out I couldn’t speak.”

“Why though?”

“He’s my brother.” Katie said her voice going high.

“Right”

“How can you forget something like that?”

“I have no idea, I mean you’re like him, but enough to be a female version of him and he’s
my friend but I’ve known you longer”

I was leaning right outside Katie’s doorframe, so no one in the room would see me. Unfortunately mom came up behind me and hit my shoulder

“What is with you two and eavesdropping?”

I looked up at her as she walked into Katie’s’ room

“Hi Wil,” mom said “are you staying”

I turned on my heel making my escape back to my room. I knew Katie and Wil had some thing going on.
\