Messed Up Youthful Innocence

Double Date

(Kayla’s POV)

“Kay, I can’t believe you…” Katie said as she started to pace in my room.

“What? Katie, it will be fun.” I said with a smile.

“But…”

“Katie, you said it yourself you wanted your brother to accept this. There is nothing wrong going on a double date.”

“There is everything wrong with a double date. For one thing, Drew will hurt Jake.”

“That’s where I come in. I’ll take care of Drew.” I said.

“I still think this isn’t a good idea.” she said in an annoyed, know it all voice.

I just sighed and rolled my eyes. Just then Drew, Petey and Jake came into the room.

“Hey Petey… What are you doing tonight?” I asked.

“Well since the lovely couples are having a date, and I don’t want to be a 5th wheel, I am going to go out. I’m going out later with…”

“Save it bro.” I said.

Even though Mom and Dad lectured him to calm down, he never listened. He still doesn’t remember their names. Honestly, one of these days, a girl is gonna drive him so insane that he will become calm.

“Whatever. I’ll see you guys later.” Petey said.

With that he left the room and headed off to meet the next girl who will get their heart broken by my so called twin brother. I still wonder if maybe he was adopted or I am for that matter seeing that we are complete opposites.

“You guys ready to go?” Drew said, in a sort of mad tone.

I could tell he was annoyed by this idea too. Man, what is with the Hurley’s? I am just trying to make Drew see that Katie is still his “sweet innocent” little sister.

“Yea, let’s go.” Katie mumbled as she walked over to Jake, grabbed his hand and walked out of my room.

“I hope you know what you’re doing. I don’t feel like killing someone tonight, especially if that someone means something to my sister.” Drew said as I walked over to him.

“That is why I am here to make sure you don’t do anything stupid. Duh.” I said as I kissed him on the cheek.

I then grabbed my purse and walked out of my room with Drew following me.

******

We sat down at a nice diner to eat and talk. It was pretty nice. I made sure to catch Drew if he were to do anything stupid, and surprisingly, he didn’t. Katie seemed relieved. After we got done with dinner, we were trying to decide to go to the mall or go to the movies. We all decided to go to the movies seeing that we always go to the mall. Time to change it up a bit. The boys paid for our tickets and in return, us girls still got popcorn and candy even though we ate dinner just an hour before. We grabbed our food and headed over to the movie theater to watch some scary movie that Drew wanted to see. I didn’t mind… as long as he was there. I think he picked it on purpose, but I highly doubt he did. He would have thought that through if he was had his little sister and her boyfriend/his really good friend with him.

The theater wasn’t that crowded, which was good. We found a nice spot up top in the middle to sit at. The boys sat at the ends with us girls in the middle. I didn’t want Drew to mess up their date even though this was a double date. We all talked and munched as we waited for the movie to start. After about 10 minutes, the movie started. I started to move closer to Drew, him putting his arm around me.

During the middle of the movie, a horrible gory scene came on, which caused me to divert my attention to Drew’s shirt and chest. It was very gory to me at least, but I didn’t think Drew would find it bad. He started to squirm in his seat. I looked up at him to see what the fuss was all about. He wasn’t even looking at the screen. He was looking at Katie and Jake. I looked over at them to see Katie in the same position as me before. Jake though wasn’t looking over at us. He was actually rubbing her back, resting his cheek against her head. He was rubbing her lower back, like almost at her ass. I shook my head and looked up at Drew who was fuming. I then rose up and blocked his view. I raised my eyebrow at him, and he sunk down in his chair. I then put my head on my shoulder to watch the rest of the movie.

The movie got done at around 11ish. We got out, Drew still fuming over the little backrub. We all got in the car, and he didn’t say one word. I was starting to get annoyed by this. We all headed back to my house. We all got out of the car once we arrived and said our goodbyes.

“Drew, Jake is going to bring me home.” Katie said.

“What?! Why? You live with me. I’ll bring you home.” he said.

“Drew! Jake is going to bring me home whether you like it or not.” Katie argued.

She then stormed off towards Jake’s car.

“Night Kayla.” She yelled at me.

“Uhhh Bye you guys?” Jake said.

He then walked over to his car and opened the door for Katie. She got in, and he closed the door after her. What a gentleman! Drew hardly does that for me. Jake got in the driver’s seat, started up the car and headed to Katie’s house. Drew, still standing there fuming walked over to his car and was about to get in.

“Uhhh DREW?!” I yelled impatiently.

“WHAT?!” He said as he looked at me.

I stood there, my body actions doing all the talking. He didn’t say good bye nor did he not give a kiss to me.

“Sorry.” He sighed.

He walked over to me and kissed me on the lips, making up for what he just did to me.

“I’ll call you in the morning, bye. I need to catch up with them.”

“Promise you won’t do anything stupid and that you won’t ruin their night.” I said.

“Promise.”

“Lies.”

“I’m gonna call Katie later to make sure that you didn’t.”

“I won’t. Bye.”

He gave me one last kiss and got in his car and left. I headed inside the house and went straight to my room. I changed into my pajamas, took out my contacts, washed my face and got into bed. I was tired from what I did today. I was slowly falling asleep when my the ringtone for my text messages went off. I grabbed my phone off my nightstand and checked it.

”Drew ruined my night when he got home. I‘ll explain tomorrow. I‘m mad” -Katie

I groaned and texted Drew instead of Katie.

”What did I tell you about not ruining Katie’s night?! You are so gonna get it.”

I put my phone back on my nightstand and fell asleep.