Messed Up Youthful Innocence

I Found The Cure To Growing Older

{Chrissy’s Point Of View}

My parents always said Drew and Katie would fight less when they got older

My parents are liars.

I could hear them yelling from the other room, it was rather annoying. To be yelling at each other first thing in the morning was pretty rare. I did hear them scuffle last night as Andy came to bed. Katie and Jake double dated with Drew and Kayla last night. According to their yelling, it didn’t go well.

“Drew, it doesn’t matter”

“Yes it does.”

“Maybe if you paid more attention to Kayla and less attention to me and Jake you’d have a
better time”

“I try to pay more attention to her; you just get in the way.”

“Then ignore me, pay attention to her, open doors for her, kiss her on the forehead.”

“I do those things”

“Apparently not enough.”

“So what are you saying?”

“Stop worrying about me.”

“I have to if you’re not going to watch yourself”

“You ruined my night”

“No I didn’t”

I sent Andy in to try and calm them down, I, frankly, was tired of them acting like 4 year olds.
Why does he always make problems worse?

“Drew, wait, you don’t do those things for Kayla?”

“I DO!”

“Just not enough”

“You should be treating her like a queen.”

“I DO!”

“Good”

“Jake grabbed Katie’s ass at the movie theater.”

“WHAT?”

Dear lord. Teenage boys are too horny for their own good. Its days like this that I feel like I’m
raising three kids.

“He did not Drew, stop lying”

“He was close to it.”

“Jake was rubbing my back!”

“Your lower back”

“It’s still my back, and more so, my body, not yours.”

That statement would only make things worse.

“Katie!”

“Drew ruined my night, I really don’t care”

I sighed and put down my glass. I walked into the room where the three of them were
arguing.

“I’VE HAD ENOUGH. THE THREE OF YOU LIVING ROOM, NOW!”

“Yeah, listen to your mother.”

“You too mister” I said harshly glaring at Andy.

The kids turned around and shoved each other on their way to the living room.

“What do you mean me?”

“You’re getting as bad as they are. Now go”

I sighed and Andy led the way to the living room.

“The three of you sit.”

They all listened for once and plopped down on the couch.

“I’ve had enough of the three of you arguing over what or what you should not be doing with your significant others. Drew, Katie obviously accepted the fact that you are dating her best friend, leave her alone. Katie, Drew is just watching out for you, and you shouldn’t let Jake grab your ass”

“He wasn’t”

“I don’t care. You have to accept the fact that both of you are growing up and you really need to stop fighting over stupid little things. I seriously feel like I’m raising three kids, so Andy, grow up. In fact all three of you grow up. Now get out, I don’t want to see you for awhile”
Katie and Drew jumped up and ran out of the room.

“I like how all of the sudden you’re in charge of raising our kids.”

“I was always in charge; very recently you decided to start acting like one of them and got all
parenting privileges revoked.”

“What do I have to do to get them back?” Andy crooned seductively.

“Stop acting like a teenager.”

“You know you love It.” he placed his hands on my hips and pulled me closer to him,
slipping his warm hands underneath the back of my shirt.

“Now you’re just acting like a horny teenage boy”

“I was one well into my thirties”

“You obviously still are one.”

He shrugged his shoulders and leaned into to kiss my neck. I rolled my eyes.

“Um, no. You have to keep it in your pants, you’re in trouble.”

“But normally that gets me out of trouble.”

“False, used to get you into a lot of trouble. “

“More recently it’s gotten me out of trouble”

Not this time. Act like an adult and I’ll treat you like one.”

“I’m older than you!” he whined like a five year old.

“But you’re acting like you did when you were five” I said back stunned

“Where’s the nearest mud puddle?”

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

“I don’t have time for this.” I turned on my heel and walked away.

“But, I was going to push you in it and get you all dirty, cause I know you like it” Andy said

I stopped dead in my tracks and held back a laugh. I spun around and saw Andy standing there with his arms crossed, eyebrow raised, giving me a smirk. He didn’t see drew standing five feet behind him shuddering.

“You two are disgusting.”

I hid a smile, and Drew jumped as his phone vibrated. He pulled it out of his jeans, which I swear are tighter than Andy’s ever were, and sighed as his phone started to play what sounded like “One and Only”.

“What could Kayla want?” he mumbled before flipping it open. “Katie is such a fucking liar” he muttered before taking off up the front staircase.