Messed Up Youthful Innocence

To Hands Between Legs, To "Whatever It Takes"

{Chrissy's Point Of View}

Patrick left the Wentz’s house all nervous like. He was acting like spaz Patrick, which I hadn’t seen in years. The four boys had been hanging out a lot in the Wentz’s basement a lot more than usual lately. To be frankly honest, they were just being weird, even for them. Every time we walked down to see what they were up to, they were merely goofing off, but they were so hiding something.
There were guitar picks everywhere
And drumsticks too

It wasn’t out of the ordinary for them to randomly play together; they had done it for so long that you just can’t expect them to stop. Andy had a fall out boy specific drum set at the Wentzs’ and Patrick and Joe each had a guitar here for those purposes too.

They were just being weird about it.

Erelin and I were really just having a lazy Saturday afternoon. Pete had brought home all the samples for the winter clandestine line and they were all over the dining room table. I had picked out some of my favorites. Afew new hoodies and t-shirts, plus the ever present Bat heart jeans that I think everyone in our families wore, or at least had a pair of. I think Drew and Andy were the only ones wearing girl’s jeans and not wearing eyeliner. I’m not sure if that’s good or not. This summer was sure turning out to be interesting. I went from raising two kids, to trying to get my husband to stop acting like a 15 year old.

Andy and pete seemed to both have regressed to their 15 year old selfs, not a great thing.

“I like the green, it reminds me of the marauder hoodie” I mumbled picking up an all over print forest green hoodie.

“Yeah, and the blue is a throwback to the Bat Diamond one” Erelin said spreading it out on
the kitchen counter.

“I think he should bring back some old stuff for the 20th anniversary.”

“It seems like he’s doing that already”

“I realized.”

“So, how’s life raising three kids?” Erelin asked

“Ha, not funny. Drew is insanely over protective of Katie, as is Andy, so she gets it on two
fronts whenever they go out. As her mother, I feel like I should be lecturing her too, but I can’t
do it when the boys are breathing down her throat.” I sighed, this summer had been odd.

“Yeah, but at least Drew has Kayla, and Katie isn’t like Petey. I swear, Pete and I told him to
calm down.”

“He’s gotten worse hasn’t he?” I held back a laugh.

“Yeah, I mean, well all know Pete can be a manwhore, but passing it on to his son, ugh.”

“Pete stopped, eventually” I smirked.

“Of course he did.  Who got him to call down? Me of course.  But honestly, It's like it goes
through one ear and out the other.  One day though, some girl is going to have him wrapped
around her finger.  I can't wait for that day to come." Erelin ranted

“Hell I was happy when that day came. I feel bad for Jake though. He’s such a sweetheart
for dealing with the four boys. Katie too.”

“I know. Kayla’s getting the same thing from Petey and Pete. I think they’re a hell of a lot
more innocent when compared to the stuff we did at that age.” Erelin sighed.

“Oh yeah, I always got the feeling they are better kids than we ever were.”

“None of them have been on the Ferris wheel together”

“Thank God they weren’t at a friend’s wedding” I mumble raising an eyebrow at Erelin.

“Or in an airplane.” She cocked her head at me

“or go anywhere where there are free closets.”

“We did some pretty stupid stuff in very strange places.”

“It was worth every minute.” I smiled and held back a giggle.

“So I was thinking… Knowing how we were. We should do something.”

“We were? Do something about what?”

“You know.” Erelin nodded at me

“Not following?” I raised my eyebrows.

“We should talk to the kids about sex.” Erelin stated looking at me straight in the eyes.

“Yeah… wait… WHAT?”