Messed Up Youthful Innocence

Movie And An Awful Surprise

Chapter 48
(Kayla’s POV)

I climbed into Drew’s car as he closed the door behind me. I was surprised that he was bring a gentleman for once, not that he isn’t. I didn’t really expect him to do that. He’s always like that, very unpredictable at times, but that’s what I loved about him. Yet I had this slight feeling that he wanted something out of this. It was probably what I had said the day before, about doing something. The think is though, it’s not what he thinks. Boys… always thinking with their other heads.

We headed over to the movie theaters, and I let Drew pick the movie we were going to watch that night. Of course, it was a scary movie. As we grabbed some popcorn and pop, the hair from the back of my neck started to stand when I heard a familiar voice. I glanced over to see Jessica with another flavor of the week. Go figure, she started to make her way with the boys in our class. I think the boys in Drew’s class started to realize that she was turning into a huge slut and have backed away from her. I can’t blame them. She was the cause of so many friendships ending.

Drew must have been reading my mind because he looked over and saw her nibbling her next victim’s ear. I rolled my eyes and dragged Drew away to the movie before she saw us looking at her. We grabbed two seats in the middle of the movie theater and sat there munching the popcorn, talking and waiting for previews to start. But that’s when it got even worse. I heard that annoying laugh again. Yup, you guessed right. She was going to watch the same movie. As she walked up the aisle to another row, her and the boy she was with decided to sit behind us. Remind me to thank her for ruining a night alone with Drew after the movie was over.

“Drew? Is that you?” that annoying voice said behind us.

Drew glanced at me and looked up.

“Yea, it’s me,” he said, in an awkward tone.

“Hi! This is Mike…” she said as she was all over him.

Honestly sweetheart, get the picture that he’s taken, and it’s over. He’s been mine since I was born… well not figuratively.

“Mitch… It’s Mitch,” he said in a somewhat angry tone.
He put his hand out for Drew to shake. Drew, being the nice person that he always is, put his hand out as well and shook his hand.

“This is Drew… and you are,” Jessica said as she gave me the dirtiest look ever.

Just because the lights are dim, doesn’t mean I can’t see her ugly face.

“You know who I am. Hi, I’m Kayla. How in the world did you get stuck with a girl like her?” I asked in a sarcastic, nice tone.

“Excuse me, but I should be asking that to Drew…”

“At least Drew knows that I don’t ditch a guy whenever I see a new one. I’m not a slut like you…”

“Okay Kay. I think that’s enough alright,” Drew then grabbed my arm and pulled me so I could face forward again.

Right then, the movie theater got darker and the previews started to play. I went back to eating my popcorn as Drew put his arm around me already to get comfortable. I rested my head on his shoulder as we watched the previews go by. After they were all done, the theater went silent as the movie’s opening credits started to play. As I grabbed a handful of popcorn, I heard giggling from behind me. I looked up at Drew annoyed, but he gave me this look of calming down. I silently agreed to his look that said “just don’t listen to them and enjoy the movie.” I sighed as the movie was going on. I couldn’t really pay attention though with all the giggling that was happening behind me. I couldn’t understand what the main characters were saying to each other. I tried to ignore it though and snuggled closer to Drew.

As it was getting to the middle of the movie, the noise got even worse. We started to hear kissing and soft moans here and there behind us. I started to getting even more annoyed when they started to get louder. Grant it, not many people were in the movie theater. But seriously, if you’re gonna do something with another person other than watching the movie, at least keep it at home. The noises started to get louder and louder, and that’s when I couldn’t take it anymore. I leaped out of my chair and started to yell.

“Seriously, can you guys just shut the hell up and watch the God damn movie?! This is getting ridiculous!” I said.

Everyone else in the movie theater started to cheer and agree.

“Excuse you, but we’re on a date…”

“So are the rest of us, but we can’t enjoy our dates because someone just can’t wait to get into a guy’s pants at every moment she can try,” I said.

“At least I’m probably getting some…”

“Well at least I won’t be giving random guys STDs…”

“You guys can you stop and at mature…”

“Yea right like emo kids ever grow up…”

That was it. I grabbed the popcorn container from Drew’s hands, leaned over and poured the rest of the salty, buttery popcorn on top of her head. She started to scream, but it became muffled as I put the container on her head.

“I would rather be called emo than being called a slut. Grow up and get a life other than blowing other guys. At least we’re doing something with our lives other than ending up at a street corner…”

“You think you’re such hot shit just because both of your parents are in a famous rock band. Face it: you’ll never be like them. You guys are just losers…”

“Yea, but at least we have some class and dignity, unlike you who everyone at school knows as the easy one.”

With that I walked out of the movie theater and headed outside to the car. I wasn’t in the mood to watch the movie anymore. I heard my name being called by Drew. I turned around and stopped to let him catch up with me.

“I can’t believe you did that!” he said, his face hard to read.

“I know… it felt good!” I said with a smile.

He stared at me for a moment. That’s when we both at the same time busted out laughing. After a couple of minutes of laughing, he grabbed my hand and led me to the car.

“I have such an awesome girlfriend. How about I treat us to some dinner at our usual?” he asked as he unlocked his car and opened the passenger door for me.

“I would love that,” I said with a smile.

Drew leaned in and kissed me lightly on the lips. He then closed the door as I buckled up. He got into the driver’s side, turned on the car, and drove off to our favorite diner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long... don't worry I'll try and update again... =/

you guys know the drill