Messed Up Youthful Innocence

Best Friends Means Friends Forever

{Katie's Point of View}

My dad would always laugh whenever he woke me up in the morning

Apparently, like my mother, I was not a morning person

No one knew this better than Kayla

However, when my phone starting ringing, her specific ring tone at 10:04 am, she should have known what my answer was going to be

“Katie?”

“What the hell do you want at ten in the god damn morning” I grumbled

“Get dressed, we’re going shopping”

“For what?” I whined

“I’ll be there in an hour” Kayla snapped back.

I reluctantly rolled out of bed a few minutes later and stumbled into the shower. Still sleepy I trudged down the stairs and explained to mom where I was going. I knew she wasn’t so thrilled with me seeing as I got home after curfew, and may have been on the phone with sir Jake until the wee hours of the morning. I think the fact that I had been awoken that early, on a Saturday morning, to go shopping none the less, was more of a punishment then she could administer.

Kayla arrived, as promised, and I walked to her car yawning. I responded to her almost cheery ‘hello’ with a low growl.

“What exactly are we shopping for?”

“How was your date with Jake last night?” she responded without missing a beat

Irritating

“Fine”

The rest of the car ride was silent. I wasn’t giving out any juicy details until she told me more.

We walked into the mall wordlessly; both of us knew the drill without so much of a look at
each other. I glanced at her walking and noticed something. I had to be seeing things. I turned my head and there was no way I could be

“Did your boobs get bigger?”

“Maybe?”

“When?”

“It didn’t happen overnight idiot; maybe if you could, you know, detach your eyes and mouth from Jake you’d realize that”

Ouch. In a few weeks though? Could they really get that much bigger?

“I’m sorry I don’t constantly stare at your huge rack.”

“I’m rather glad you don’t”

She snapped back. I turned my head and realized that she was no longer walking beside
me; she had stopped a few feet back. There was no way that had hurt her feelings.

I backtracked and stood in front of her.

“Why are we here?” I asked quietly.

“You’re my shopping muse”

I stared back at her. Okay she always found clothes when I was with her, but, really was this necessary? I sighed at looked over her shoulder. There sure was a lot of pink emanating from the store we were stopped at. My eyes widened at the sign for the store and my jaw dropped as I looked at Kayla, who was defiantly blushing. As I looked at her and then the sign, then into the store I squeaked and started giggling maliciously.

“Really Kate?”

“Bra shopping, you need me to help you find new bras?”

“I’m sorry my boobs are huge!”

She sighed and turned into Victoria secret

I followed her, alternating between smiling maliciously and giggling maliciously.

I made sure to make it as excruciating for her as it was for me.

I tried to keep my giggling to a minimum as I followed Kayla around.

“What about this one?”

“My boobs aren’t that big”

“Yet”

She glared at me and turned to walk away.

I practically skipped behind her until she either had enough, or was just tired of me. Most likely a little bit of both. We sat at lunch rather quietly. The waiter was hitting on us which just made things uncomfortable.

“So, did you find enough to survive until you get bigger again?”

“You are such a bitch”

“You know this”

“I think I’ll be okay”

“There’s one more place I think you should try before we go”

“Where?”

“You’ll see”

Kayla looked at me very uneasily, as she should.

I led the way through the mall, down a small side wing that was unusually dark.

“Seriously Katie?”

“Ignore the carpeting, you’ll feel better”

We plunged into the second lingerie shop of the day, Fredrick’s, where Kayla found a few more necessities. She was about to check out when I stopped her.

“Don’t buy that one”

“Why? I like it”

“I don’t think drew would like it if we matched”

“Why do you always think that if Drew and I are in the same room my shirt is automatically going to come off OH MY GOD why does your brother know what your bras look like.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Well, he has stumbled upon things when my mother was doing laundry, as I'm sure petey has. and I tend to leave things around in my room as a … deterrent to snooping around. “

“You’re so weird”

“His response was very brotherly, he went on about lace and me being 15 and jake and me being 15 oh and I’m 15.”

“Okay I’ll put this one back, and get something… Skankier”

“Whore”

“Slut”

“Skank”

We stopped when we noticed one of the employees had noticed our conversation. Kayla paid again and we headed back to the car.

“You know you love me” I sighed

“Maybe” Kayla mumbled closing her car door.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's been so long. work sucks.
School starts next week and I hope to get into a better updating cycle, I have a lot more written than is posted, I just need to get to that part of the story.