Messed Up Youthful Innocence

Two More Weeks?

{Katie's Point Of View}

Now that I was graced with the knowledge that my best friend was totally into my brother, I decided I was going to stay as far away from both of them. I knew there was a girl who was all over Drew. He might be enjoying the attention but I can tell he’d rather not have it from her. We had been in and out of the pool all day so I was still in a bikini top. I had slipped into some jeans around 11pm. It was nearing one so I decided to go put a real shirt on, most of the people were gone anyways, and there were a few stragglers that were our close friends. I walked past Jake standing by the bathroom door.

“You know you can go upstairs” I said

“Kayla and Petey said upstairs was off limits.”

“Well I have to go up there anyways I’ll escort you up.” I said

“Thanks.”

I set off up the stairs and headed to Kayla’s room to get a shirt while Jake disappeared into the bathroom. I headed down the stairs and almost ran into Kayla, Drew and Petey. The stairs faced the front door entryway. Everyone looked up the stairs when I came down because no one was supposed to be upstairs.

“I see you finally put a real shirt on” Drew said scathingly

Right as I was about to say something I heard the lock in the front door unlock. There was a collective intake of breath as the four of us turned our heads towards the door to see it swing open and reveal our parents standing there.

“Do you honestly think we weren’t going to catch you?” Pete asked.

In one swift move Erelin and mom walked through the house kicking everyone out.

“Kitchen, now” dad said.

We marched to the kitchen as mom and Erelin came into it. They sat the four of us down at the kitchen table. We braced for the worst.

“Seriously, did you think you were going to get away with this?” Pete asked.

“You were supposed to be in Florida.” Petey said

“Wrong, meeting was moved here, people were coming in from Florida.”

“That’s not what you said.” I argued

“You set us up.” Drew said.

“No we didn’t. You four chose to throw a party. We chose to come home early; we were
supposed to spend the night downtown. But your mother’s spider senses were tingling. And we’ve grown to trust their inklings on when you four are about to do something incredibly stupid.” Dad said glaring.

“Hey Katie?” I heard jakes’ voice drift through the house. My jaw dropped as one Jacob
Curtis Bryar walked into the kitchen smiling at me, then went pale when he noticed my parents.

“Jake just…just” mom sighed and buried her face in her hands.

“Jake go home” dad said.

Drew shot me a dirty look behind their backs. He figured out that the reason Jake hadn’t been caught was because he was upstairs.

“Nothing happened” I mouthed to him.

He raised his eyebrows at me. Whenever I was spotted within a twenty foot vicinity of a guy that wasn’t Petey or him. I shot Drew a “nothing happened stay out of my personal life” look. We both glared at each other.

“Bye Jake” I said as jake left the kitchen.

“Bye” Kayla and petey echoed, Jake was in their class.

“Is there anyone else hiding in the house?”

“No?” we chorused back.

“Okay. So. Punishment for throwing a party behind our backs.” Erelin started.

“Minimum two weeks of you four not being allowed to do anything.” Mom continued

“We just got ungrounded” Petey exclaimed

“Well you’re grounded again.” Pete said

“Two weeks.. That puts us to the first week of school” Drew said.

“Too bad” dad said. “You shouldn’t throw parties when we’re out of the house and you wouldn’t have to worry about it.”

I was suddenly thankful that I had decided to put on a shirt. Kayla and I dressed in just bikini tops would of made things a hell of a lot worse.

“Too add to your punishment, you have to clean up this house” Erelin said

“We were going to clean it anyway before you got home” Petey mumbled.

“Andrew, Katherine car.” Dad said

Ouch.. Full names, at least he didn’t pull out the middle names. I mean I knew we were in trouble. I sighed and got up followed by Drew as we headed out to the warm summer night.

“You two are going home and going to bed, you’re going to be back here at 9am to help clean up.” mom said.

Drew and I both groaned. We silently got into the back of the car yawning slightly and incredibly pissed off. When we got to our house our parents marched us separately to our
bedrooms. My mom saw the bikini ties and sighed.

“Don’t let your father see that.”

“Yes mom” I replied automatically. She said that a lot.

I crawled into bed after changing wishing there was someone waiting there for me. I’m tired of being alone.