Messed Up Youthful Innocence

Get Familiar!

{Katie's point of view}

I checked my class schedule. World history. That’s one of those classes where you’re supposed to take a bunch of notes but I just end up passing notes to my friends in that class. Or doodling. Lots and lots of doodling.

I grabbed a five subject notebook and threw it into the cart, next to the other notebooks and handful of pens. I dragged my cart to the next aisle and grabbed a sweet argyle pencil case. I grabbed a second pencil case to throw the 24 sharpies I decided I needed into. I found Jake by the locker shelves, trying to pick one out.

“The metal ones work better”

“I know, I had the plastic ones collapse on me last year”

“So,” I pursed my lips “I think I need a new messenger bag.”

Jake snorted and looked at me with his eyebrow raised.

“Honey, I’ve been in your room, and the last time I counted, you had four. Plus a handful of
other backpacks and tote bags”

“I hate tote bags”

“Then why do you have them?”

“People keep giving them to me, but what I really need is a nice messenger bag.”

He appeared to be holding in laughter

“So, does that mean we’re going to get one?”

“Yeah”

“What do I get out of it?”

He smirked as a lady with a ten year old started looking at the backpacks we were near.

“What do you want out of it?” I murmured touching Jake’s waist.

“You” he smiled crookedly, catching on.

“Deal”

I stood on my toes to give him a not so family friendly kiss.

“Hey, hey, keep it pg-13 we’re in public.”

“That was pg”

“Yeah okay”

Jake drove me to the mall and faithfully followed me into urban outfitters, where I found a plain black messenger bag. Then followed me around the mall as I called my mom and okayed the purchase of a few other necessities from the mall. It was weird, because I could practically hear her rolling her eyes when I said ‘essential items’. She still said I could buy whatever I needed. What I needed, was new skater vans, and socks. Plus some new shirts. I got a new pair of school shoes that I could wear with my uniform, so that I wouldn’t have to go out with my mom later.

After I was done spending my parents’ money, jake drove me back to my house. I surveyed
my front lawn and sighed.

“Don’t get out of the car”

“Why not?”

“Just don’t.”

Then he saw them. Drew and Petey shirtless soaking wet. Kayla was sitting on the front
step watching the two person water balloon fight. She scooted out of the way as Wil
bounded out of the front door with another handful of water balloons.

“They won’t hit me; they’d only aim for you. Just drop me off.”

Jake slowed to a stop and put the car in park. I swooned when he leaned over and kissed
me, glad I was sitting down because it made me weak at the knees.

“Good luck” he mumbled an inch from my face

“Thanks” I sighed, grabbing my stuff and opening the door.

I set my stuff down on the ground and plopped next to Kayla. We watched jake drive then the fight continued.

“So how long have they been doing this?” I asked

“I think about an hour. Drew was all ‘hey wanna come over and hang out?’ and then Petey
came and well…”

“Boys are dumb.”

My mom came from inside the house and sat down next to me.

“Agreed.” She said.

“But mom didn’t you like, say yes when dad asked you to marry him, so… Isn’t it your own
fault?” I asked.

“Just because we got married doesn’t mean him, nor his friends ever grew up.” was she
giving me a warning glance?

I glanced at Kayla.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I said confused as ever.

“You’ll find out soon enough.” mom sighed before she went back into the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
school has started
i have huge breaks where i sleep/dream/brainstorm
i promise there shall be more soonish