Messed Up Youthful Innocence

Your Secret's Out

(Kayla’s POV)

As we were dropped off at our house, Petey and I said our “laters” to Drew and Katie. Usually we hang out every day after school, but seeing as though Petey and I both had papers due the next day, we knew we would never get them done. Stupid Honors History class. Why did we have to get some of our mother’s smartness? Actually, that’s a good thing!

It’s been a few weeks since school started, and to be quite honest, it’s been a pain in the ass. Since Katie’s in a different campus seeing as they decided to change the campus set ups, the freshman and sophomores on one campus, the juniors and seniors at another, it seems lonely without her in the halls now that they changed the set up on each campus. Then, there’s Petey and I who have been trying to figure out what to do with our future. Mom and Dad have been sorta bugging us on what school we were even considering going to. Finally, there’s Drew who to be honest, I haven’t really asked on what he was doing. I didn’t even ask what college he was considering going to. He’s been sort of quiet about it and a little busy, which is understandable because he’s writing essays for colleges. So this year has been sort of sucky and all the homework was taking the cake.

Petey and I quietly came into the house. We knew Mom and Dad were home. Their car keys were both on the island in the kitchen along with Mom’s purse and Dad’s wallet. I grabbed a yogurt from the fridge as Petey grabbed a poptart from the cabinet and headed upstairs to do our homework. We usually put our stuff down and head over to Mom and Dad’s bedroom where they usually were. They would do their work in there or just hang out. With all the rooms we had in this house, you’d expect them to use their study or studio.
I dropped off my stuff and headed towards Mom and Dad’s room to say hi. Petey came out of his room the same time I passed it. I then stopped him as I put my finger to my mouth. Something about their conversation…

“What should we do?” Mom said.

“I don’t know…”

“Pete, you wanted this, and now you don’t even know what to tell them? They are our children!”

“I know, but I don’t know how they are going to handle this. Think about it… it’s been a very long time since we’ve had… this!”

“Do you know how excited I am? It’s been so long! I know they will accept this…”

“Ewww! Mom and Dad are still having sex, aren’t they?” Petey whispered in surprise.

“Ewww! Petey, don’t say that!” I said in a disgusted way.

“Well, what do you think they are talking about?! I bet you Mom’s pregnant and she doesn’t know how to tell us.”

“Oh God. Another kid? I thought the rule was that if there was twins a family, that there will be no more kids after that.”

“Petey, you dumbass, what kind of rule is that?!”

Petey shrugged his shoulders and went back to listening to Mom and Dad’s conversation.

“Well, I’m not telling them…”

“What?! Can’t you?”

“Why should I? Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz III, are you fucking serious? This isn’t my decision. I didn’t plan this! You wanted this!”

“Maybe Dad’s pregnant?” Petey whispered.

I held in giggles at the question.

“Well what are we going to do with them? Especially in the summer? I don’t think they can handle it…”

“Oh come on, they are our children…”

“Yea, and look what’s going to happen in the next 8 months or so? Do you remember the last time this happened? That was almost 17 years ago?”

“Oh God. Mom is pregnant. She’s going to give one of our rooms away and ship us off to boarding school,” Petey said in a worried tone.

“Why would they do that when we are almost done with high school?!” I asked.

“I don’t know? You know Mom and Dad. They hate us. They probably want this kid because they know we’ve screwed up.”

“We? Excuse me… more like you.”

“Psh, I’m not the one who kept my relationship with my significant other hidden from them.”

“First of all, it was for good reason because Aunt Chrissy and Uncle Andy would have been son-less. Second of all, what relationships have you had? Dude seriously, you get rid of girls as often I get my period and use tampons.”

“EWWWWWW!”

I then realized what he had just done. He had just blown our cover. I reached over and grabbed his arm and pulled him to his room, which was right next to theirs. I rolled my eyes at him as he sat on his bed.

“Hey you two! We didn’t hear you guys come in!” Mom said as she came into Petey’s room with Dad following her.

“Yea, we just came home a couple of minutes ago,” I said.

“What were you ewwwing about, Petey?” Dad asked.

I then looked over at him and raised my eyebrow, hoping that he would make something up.

“Kay was talking about her period,” Petey shuttered.

“Ewww, Kayla!” Dad said.

“Well you probably deserved it! We do that on purpose sometimes,” Mom said.

“Yea well don’t please because that’s disgusting,” Petey said.

“So how was school today, kids?”

“It was good. We got a lot of homework to work on. Might as well get crack-a-lackin’” I said as Mom and Dad looked at me funny as I said that last part.

“Okay… How was your’s?” Petey said.

“Same old same old, watched tv, did some decision making…”

“And baby planning…” Petey muttered loud enough for Dad to stop talking.

“What?” Mom said.

“Nothing…”

“Did you say baby planning?” Mom said as I rolled my eyes.

Remind me to thank Petey for blowing our cover and letting them tell us when the time was right.

“No…”

“Petey, I’m right here. I definitely heard you say baby planning. Why would you think that?”

“Because… Because we were listening alright? We were listening to your conversation. For the record, Kayla started it first…”

“WHAT?! No I didn’t!” I proclaimed.

“You’re the one who stopped me before we went into Mom and Dad’s room. You’re the one who was listening first…”

“So were you!!!”

“Kids…”

“You’re the one who started it though…”

“HEY! Please stop yelling at each other. I have a headache already…” Mom said.

“See, you’re making Mom worse. It’s not good for the baby!” Petey said.

“What baby?”

“The baby that you’re afraid to tell us. We already know. Just give up our rooms already and send us to boarding school if you can’t handle all of us. Just please, all I ask is if you give up Kayla’ room and not mine!”

“Whoa whoa whoa, hold the phone!”

“Yea, don’t give up my room, give up Petey’s!” I demanded.

“Can you two stop for just one second? You’re mom’s not pregnant,” Dad said.

“Wait… you’re not?”

“No… when did you guys start listen to our conversation?” Mom asked

“When you guys were trying to figure out what you were going to do and how you were going to tell us.”

“You guys did not hear the beginning part of it?

“No…”

Mom sighed and rolled her eyes. She then put her hands on her hips and looked over at Dad expectantly.

“Go ahead…” Mom said to Dad.

Petey and I looked over at them with worried looks. What was going on?

“We’re recording again,” Dad said.

Petey and I looked at each other with confused looks then back at them.

“What?” Petey said.

“Recording… a Cd.”

“What?” I said.

“You know… music? That career that I have that has put a roof over your heads…”

“Huh?”

“You know that career that your dad is in that has put you guys through private school and gotten you those instruments downstairs in that studio,” Mom said.

“Yea and that career that your mom is in that has been able to keep money in your bank accounts so you don’t over draw when taking buy things at the mall, prom dresses, and taking girls out every other day,” Dad said.

“Yea and that career that both of us are in that has been able to put money away for a great college that you two should be researching right now,” Mom said.

Petey and I started at them as they stared at us.

“So… Fall Out Boy is recording again?” Petey asked.

“Yea and touring in the summer,” Dad said.

“Seriously?” We asked.

“Yea,” they said.

Petey and I looked at each other and smiled.

“Sweet,” was all we can say as we high fived each other.

“So what’s gonna happen to us?” Petey asked.

“Yea, do we get to go with you?”

“Who are you touring with also?”

“Is Drew and Katie coming too?”

“Whoa! Calm down. We just finally told you what’s going to happen in the next year or so. We are still working out the details, but we will tell you what may happen in the next couple of months,” Dad said.

“So does that mean we get to go with you for tour?” Petey asked excitedly.

“Maybe…”

“That means a yes, Mom. You always have that look when you say that.”

“Petey, we will let you know when the time comes…”

“Wait, how are you apart of this?”

“Well I am Panic At The Disco’s manager.”

“Are the going on tour with them too?”

“Yea, they are. That’s why I’m a part of this.”

“So if you go on tour with them, then we are stuck at home with Grandma and Grandpa…”

“Or Lola and Lolo.” I finished.

“Like we said, we will tell you what’s going to happen in the future. For now though, can you two please do your homework and start with college searches?”

“Yes,” we mumbled.

“Good. I’m going to start figuring out dinner and what not…” Mom said as she left the room.

“And I have phone calls to make…” Dad said as he followed Mom.

“And I have a phone call to make as well,” I smirked as I headed over to my room to call Katie and Drew.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys have been noticing the hints we've been dropping about them going on tour! =] Hope you liked this chapter

you know that comments are awesome! leave us some! then maybe we will get rid of writer's block for good and update more often