Messed Up Youthful Innocence

A Lot Like Christmas

{Drew's Point Of View}

“Drewwwwwww will you take us to the mall?” Katie asked sitting down next to me on the couch.

“No”

“Please?”

“NO”

“Pretty please?”

“No”

“Asshole”

“Drew? Will you please take us to the mall?” Kayla asked quietly.

“Sure.” I responded quickly. I took a second to stop and realized that I wouldn’t do it for my
own sister but for some reason I have a soft spot for Kayla when she asks me things.

“Thanks Drew” Kayla smiled.

“Why do you even need to go?” I asked.

“Idiot it’s two weeks before Christmas.” Katie snapped back.

“Shit… I think Jessica expects me to get her something.” I mumbled.

“Oh.” Kayla sighed dropping her shoulders.

“Whore” I whispered.

“What? Kayla asked looking up at me her eyes wide.

“Jessica. She’s a whore.” I said raising an eyebrow at Kayla.

“Right … Right.” with that she got up and left with Katie to go grab her jacket.

Later we were walking past the Lacoste store when I realized mom had told me I needed something nice to wear for Christmas.

“Damn, I need something nice to wear for Christmas.” I said to Katie who was on my left
side.

“We can’t let you shop for that alone.” Katie sighed; she had been trying to get away from me
all day.

“Katie you can go, I can stay with Drew and help him.” Kayla said stopping by the door to the store.

How nice of her.

“But…” Katie was about to object then her eyes widened then narrowed suspiciously. “Right I’ll go gets the stuff that I need when both of you two aren’t around following me everywhere.”

With that Katie turned on her heel and headed down the nearest staircase. She looked nervous and was immediately on her cell phone. With one last glance to see if we were following her she disappeared in the crowds of people.

“What is with her today?” I asked Kayla.

“No clue” she said, she knew what was up she just wasn’t sharing. “Come on, let’s play dress up here”

Kayla grabbed my hand and led me into the Lacoste store. We were quickly in and out of there; I didn’t like any of the dress shirts. Kayla and walked to J.Crew across from Lacoste where we had a little more luck. I picked out a forest green shirt and a pair of dark khaki before Kayla shoved me into the dressing room with the help of Mr. IworkatJ.Crew, an incredibly well dressed guy probably in his early 20‘s. I kicked off my gym shoes before trying on the pants and shirt. I fixed the collar in the dressing room mirror. I didn’t look that bad, or so I thought. I opened the dressing room door to go find Kayla to ask.

“Well?” I said once I found her.

She looked me up and down.

“Turn around”

I did as she said and she scrunched up her nose.

“What?”

“You’d look better in blue. It’d bring out the color of your eyes.”

“Yeah it would, here try this” Mr. IworkatJ.crew said.

He handed me a blue dress shirt.

“Okay?”

“I’ll find you a nice tie to go with that.” Kayla said turning around and talking to Mr.
IworkatJ.Crew before heading over to the tie section.

I came out after changing my shirt and Kayla had two ties to choose from.

“I like the striped one.” I said as Kayla and Mr. IworkatJ.Crew played dress up with me.

“Yeah, I do too.” She handed me the striped one and I stood in front of a mirror and knotted
it. Kayla fixed my collar and stood back. I could see her staring at me through the mirror. Mr. IworkatJ.Crew was practically eye fucking me. I had never really been eye fucked before and I kind of wanted to grab Kayla’s hand and run out of there.

“His hair needs to be messier.” Mr. IworkatJ.Crew said to Kayla who walked over to me and messed up my shaggy hair.

“Perfect.” she said with a smile.

“Thanks Kay” I blew some of the hair out of my face. “Can we go now?”

“Yep, go change.”

I changed back into my hoodie and jeans and paid for my new clothes. I’m pretty sure Mr. IworkatJ.Crew winked at me as we left. I shrugged it off as I spent the rest of the afternoon walking around the mall with Kayla. It was nice to not have Petey there breathing down my neck every time I said something to Kayla. We both got dippin dots as we finished our shopping for the day and started to walk aimlessly around the mall. Katie had texted Kayla to meet us in ten minutes in front of Macy’s so we were heading in that direction. Midway up the ramp in front of Macy’s, I spotted a familiar blonde guy. Jake was walking towards us holding a bunch of bags while talking to my one and only sister. I stopped in my tracks as her eyes widened as she saw me. Jake and Katie walked over to us.

“HI Jake”

“Hi Drew, hi Kayla” Jake said happily.

“Ready to go?” I asked Katie.

“Yes” she replied lightly

I then noticed she was only holding one bag of stuff. And it looked pretty light.

“Here” Jake said handing Katie about half the bags he was holding.

“See you later.” Katie said quietly to Jake.

“Bye” he mumbled before hugging her.

“See you guys some other time, I have to go find my parents. Bye!” he said to Kayla and me
walking off.

“What was that?” I asked.

“I ran into him and he asked if I needed help. I did, so he helped me!”

“Right.” I replied snottily.

“STOP IT!” Kayla screamed stepping between us.

Katie and I stopped and looked at her. Kayla glared at both of us.

“Stop arguing for ten minutes so we can get out of here.”

“Yes mom” Katie and I sneered.

Kayla shook her head and we started to walk towards the car, Katie and I bickering the entire way.