Touchdown turn-around

Cuz You've Come To Rescue Me

8 years passed, and Panic! was about to do their very last concert. Ryan was 29, Jon was 30, Brendon was 28 and Spencer was 28. I was 26 and Maddie was 10. Maddie had grown up listening to Panic's! Four cd's, She loved them, and she knew about her real father. I can't say if she hated him or not, but she never really talked about him. She loved Ryan with all her heart and counted him as her father. She was really happy.She actually ended up looking like Ryan. She had long dark brown hair and her blue eyes had faded to a blue/green/brown color. She was very thin like him to. Ryan and I could never figure out how that worked out. She didn't look like Spencer at all. But that was the way we wanted it.

"Mom, I'm ready to go!" Maddie came running down the stairs. She was going to meet her father today for the first time, but he didn't know it. She was wearing a fadded yellow panic! t shirt tied up in the back. She sang along to all of Panic!'s greatest hits and then we both headed back stage with all the other back stage passes people. I made sure that Spencer didn't see me. I waited in the shadows as I watched Maddie wait in Spencer's line. Ryan came into the shadows with me. "He still doesn't know you guys are here." We watched as she became the next girl in line and I took a deep breath. I watched her hand him a peice of paper. He signed it without looking at her and she walked back to Ryan and I.

The many fans filled out and Spencer turned around to take a drink. I sent Maddie over there to tap him on the shoulder. He turned. "Have you lost your parents? Need some help finding them?" I watched as Maddie's lip trembled. I had never seen her cry since she was a baby. "Daddy? You don't recognize me?" Spencer's jaw dropped and I stepped out of the shadows at last. "Come on Maddie. Spencer's busy."

I hugged Maddie tightly. Spencer hugged us both. "Emma? Is this...?" I patted Maddies's back. Go stand next to Ryan ok?" Spencer watched as she ran over to Ryan. "You married Ryan?" I nodded. "Yeah, there's alot you don't know. And yes, that IS your daughter. Her BROTHER died after he was born, but you wouldn't know that would you?! You weren't there!" he looked like he wanted to cry. "Emma, I'm sorry, I didn't know..." I Looked away from him. I was starting to cry. "Spencer,I don't need you anymore. Go fuck some other girl."

Ryan smiled at me. I found Brendon and Jon and hugged Jon good bye for the last time. Brendon pulled Maddie up on his shoulders. He ran down the side walk with the happy 10 year old. I grabbed Ryan's hand. "Ryan?" he looked over at me, and bumped into me playfully. "Yeah?" I hugged him. "I owe you so much! I love you!" Ryan kissed my forehead. "You owe me nothing. I'm just happy I have you. I love you so much!" We started walking again. We caught up with Maddie and Brendon.

Brendon was doubled over weezing. "God, Maddie. You're killing me." Maddie gave him a cute smile. "You wait until I start using tampons!" I stared at her while Brendon and Ryan burst out laughing. "Where did you learn that word?!" She pointed at Brendon. "Uncle Brendon told me!" I laughed. "figures" When we got back home, Ryan was laying on the couch watching tv. Maddie came and layed down with him. "Ryan?" He turned the tv off. "Yeah Mads?" She looked up into his soft brown eyes. "I wanna be like you when I grow up. I don't want to be like Spencer." Ryan hugged the small girl as I watched from the living room door way. "That's very important to me." I watched as the girl wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him on the cheek. I almost fainted. Maddie never did that before, she never called him daddy, or kissed his cheek. He wasn't her dad. He hugged her tightly, and she wisphered in his ear. "I love you daddy."