You've Given Me Strength To Find Home

She Was Given The World So Much That She Couldn't

"Allie", said a soft voice in her dreams. She sighed rolling in her sleep as her little sister shook her more. She knew exactly what time it was, 5am. Same thing every day Raeanne woke her up to fix her breakfast, and get her ready for school. With a sweet smile Alex turned back to the seven year old little red headed girl before sitting up and putting on her glasses. "Allie I want pancakes today...can we have them? PLEASE", begged the small girl. With a nod Alex got up standing in boxers and an old Frank Sinatra shirt. Reaching up for her big sister she giggled being lifted into the air and thrown on the back of her older sister. "Superman Allie?". Without a word Alex nodded her brown ponytail swishing against her little sisters nose as she made woosh sounds 'flying' down the steps to the kitchen passing her brother fifteen year old Emmet's room banging on his door.

Ever so quiet the girls tip-toed past their mothers door to reach the kitchen. Soon Alex's feet were met with the cold tile floor of the kitchen before setting her little sister down on the counter beside her. "What'll it be miss? Chocolate-chip,blueberry, or plain?", she asked leaning on her elbows beside the girl. She knew the answer before the girl said a word, but laughed as Emmet walked into the room with his blonde hair in every direction. "Morning sleeping beauty, pancakes sound good?"

He nodded as head as he walked over and began to make coffee for his sister. "I read yesterday on the internet that coffee makes your breasts small! Maybe you better lay off this stuff...finally catch a guys eye and get out of here Al", he smirked as the warm liquid began to brew. Alex just laughed ruffling his hair before kissing his head knowing he wouldn't be this tall for much longer.

"Don't you worry about my boobs...or for any girls boobs for that matter for a few more years! Your voice still hasn't finished changing!", she giggled as she made the batter for the pancakes. She smirked hearing him mumble about there not being much to see with the girls his age which made her laugh harder. She looked to her siblings and saw the difference between them again. All three of them had different fathers, but the same mother.

Alex's dad was her mothers high school boyfriend, and they were married for six years, then when Alex was about three her father was killed in a car crash. She still remembered her mom going out to parties leaving her with friends, grandparents, even once or twice alone. She'd go out drinking, to drown the pain, or dancing to find someone to fill that hole that Alex's father left. She never really found that one, she did how ever meet Emmet's dad in a local bar, but he left the second he found out she was pregnant. Ten years later Rae was born after her father was locked up in prison for selling illegal substances. He'd get out, but seven months later would be right back where he started.

"Lex, it's gonna burn if you don't flip it!", Emmet said bringing her out of her trance. She flipped it just in time that it was nice and golden brown. "Do you need me to watch Rae tonight?", he asked pouring her a cup of coffee before handing it to her. She shook her head kissing the top of her sisters head.

"No, I can take her to the shop tonight since it's a Wednesday. No one really comes in other then a few people so you can go out tonight if you'd like", she said sipping her coffee as she made more chocolate chip pancakes.

Emmet smiled and hugged her kissing her cheek. "You're the best...I promise I'll take her tomorrow ok?" , she just nodded before taking another sip of her coffee finishing off the last of the batter. Soon the pancakes were finished and she set them on the oak table in front of her brother and sister. Their eyes wide as they dug into the chocolate, the syrup, and butter. Alex watched them over the rim of her black square frames before taking a bite of her toast. "Mooh moo mah fom?", he asked with a mouth full. With a light chuckle she just shook her head and continued to eat her toast and coffee.

Once they were finished she grabbed their plates telling them to go get ready for school while she cleaned up. Not much longer two pairs of feet tip-toed back into the kitchen in their school clothes. "Alright, Emmet, home by 9, homework done, and I'll be home by ten", she smiled fixing his hair and his plaid shirt. "And Raeanne sweetie, I'm gonna come get you after school so you can go to work with me tonight alright?" Rae beamed, she was always excited to go to work with Alex, she'd color, or talk to kids that came into the store, or play on the computer THAT was ALWAYS fun.

Alex smiled as she watched her two siblings running to their buses, she missed when she was in school last year already.
-----------------------------------
After a day of cleaning her mom up, cleaning up the room she sighed as she fixed things for Emmet's and her mothers dinner tonight. Holding the bridge of her nose she laughed softly as she looked at the calender. Next to the days date was a date marked with a big happy face. On the date it said 'ALXS 19' she laughed seeing Rae's hand writing. Tomorrow was her birthday, not only that, but she was nineteen! Shaking her head she fixed her hair into a bun before going to her room to change. She knew how old she was, she just didn't believe it.

As she changed into a black tank top she remembered it was cool out so she pulled an un-buttoned tan plaid shirt on to keep her warm before she pulled up her Levi's for work. She was happy that she didn't have to wear a real uniform to work as she put on some light make-up and put her wallet in her pocket. Slowly she tip-toed past her mothers room before she grabbed her now charged cell phone and headed to the bus stop to go grab Rae.

Locking the door behind her she smiled breathing in the crisp fresh air outside. She loved being outside, it was full of color. beep-beep She gasped realizing the bus was here and was about to leave. She ran quickly to it paying her fee before sitting in the front seat like she did everyday. "Working tonight at Center Stage Alexia?", asked the elder driver.

Phil was the only man that could call Alex her first name. He started back years ago when she first started taking the bus. It annoyed her at first, she hated her name, her father gave her that name since she wasn't a boy, and he wanted to name his first child after him. "Yep, you know it, then tomorrow Waffle House, and the Cinema!"

Shaking his head he let off some passengers before letting out a chuckle. "Have you gone out lately? I mean with a young man?", he asked curiously. She was like his granddaughter, he was looking out for her. She shook her head and smiled.

"You know you'll always have that spot in my heart Phil, don't worry",she giggled before he stopped outside the school. She stood up and kissed the elder man on the top of the head before hopping off the bus and waited by a near by tree for her little sister to come out. Before she knew it there was a bouncing red head running over to her. "Come on kiddo we're gonna be late if we don't hurry"
------------------------------------------
I wanted, I wanted you to stay, cause I needed... the sounds of Nickelback filled the store softly as Alex folded clothes and fixed shelves. She heard Raeanne humming to the song as she helped dust shelves she could reach. The bell to the store rang which made Alex jump. Usually no one was in the store at this time. "Hello?", she called.

"Hey, you guys are still open right?", asked a voice as she walked from the back of the store toward the front. "I just came in to look around for some clothes"

She looked back to Rae and smiled as she watched her continue to dust "Yeah, you're fine we're open for another few hours, no worries", she said before walking behind the counter. The voice she heard wasn't familiar to her, must be a tourist. She followed the head of the stranger watching his curly hair walk from rack to rack, his back to her the whole time.

Soon she heard a thud which made her jump instantly looking for her sister. "OH! I'm sorry I didn't see you there, you ok?", the stranger said with a chuckle crouching down to Raeanne as she lay on the floor. The little girl nodded before the man helped her up noticing that there were crayons scattered on the floor. He got back down on his knees and began picking up some of them before he noticed another hand grabbing a green crayon. The man looked up into Alex's brown eyes as she stared into his brown eyes back.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♠ ♠ ♠
YEAH, So that was the first chapter! I wanna see if anyone can figure out which Jonas it is! PLEASE comment, PLEASE tell me this doesn't suck...and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read and comment on my other stories! Thank you all
God Bless