You've Given Me Strength To Find Home

But You've Given Me Strength to Find Home

They had been touring Europe for a few weeks and everyone was becoming restless. Jesse called Alex almost nightly. He even surprised her in Paris, taking her up to the Eiffel tower for dinner and dancing.

She felt like a princess, even as she lay her head against his chest asleep as they watched a movie in her hotel room. "This is perfect", she whispered holding him closer as they watched The Coneheads.

"What is?",he asked.

She smiled in her-Joe's- black tank top as she sat in his lap wearing her cotton shorts shrugging. "Laying with you watching a movie, instead of sitting in a fancy restaurant"

He nodded rubbing her shoulders as his eyes looked from the movie to her.She was tired he could tell as she nodded off occasionally during the movie. He hesitantly leaned up kissing her nose. "Maybe I should head back to my room, let you get some sleep. I'll come see you in the morning before you all leave", he said brushing hair from her face. She was silent as he began to sit up and pick her off his lap.

Taking hold of his white shirt she blushed. "Can't you stay? You know stay with me and be with me until I leave?", she whispered.

Intrigued he stood in front of her taking her hands as he rubbed his thumb across her knuckles. "You want me to stay the night?", he smiled looking deep into her brown eyes with his blue.

She nodded blushing. He made her smile and was a gentleman why wouldn't she want to continue this? He nodded as he crawled into the bed and snuggled with her. Jesse smiled caressing her back as she kissed his jaw. His body shivered as she snuggled into him again. Slowly he leaned down kissing her deeply unsure of himself as his arms wrapped around her waist. The movie slowly forgotten as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

A knock came to the door making both of them groan as Jesse went to answer it his hair a mess. "Oh, sorry I thought Alex was in this room", someone from the door.

"Who is it sweetie?", Alex asked as she walked to the door. He opened it more to reveal Joe in his glasses, and long pj's and white tank top.

He scratched the back of is neck realizing he interrupted something. "Sorry, but Rae came into my room over a bad dream...she won't sleep, I was wondering if you could try with her", he whispered standing in the hall.

Alex looked up to a upset Jesse but nodded. She kissed him softly "I'll be back soon", she said walking beside Joe to his suite. Rae sat on Joe's bed still crying as Nick held her. She took her sister from his arms and held her as she hummed a song. Leaving the room Nick said a quiet good night as he went back into his room.

Listening to her humming he smiled as he helped the girls sit down on his bed. "Allie, she came to get me. She hurt you Allie I was so scared!", she cried against her sisters shoulder. As Joe ran his fingers through Rae's hair Alex softly sang in her ear.

Tell me why, the stars do shine,
tell me why, the ivy twine,
tell me why, the ocean's blue,
and I will tell you, why I love you.


A tear fell down Alex's face as she sang, this song was sung to her by her mother when she was so young. To this day it gave her comfort as she rocked her sister taking her little hand in hers squeezing it three times.

Because God made, the stars to shine,
because God made, the ivy twine,
because God made, the oceans blue,


Alex took a deep breath as she felt Rae squeeze lightly back kissing the crown of her head.

Because God made you, that's why I love you, she sang as her sister relaxed in her arms. Joe wiped a tear that made it's way down her face and smiled.

"Ok Rae, time for me to take you back to your room ok?", Alex said getting up but her sister shook her head.

Joe stood up and looked to Alex. "How about we watch a movie? Then we'll take you to your room when you fall asleep?", he suggested. Frankie was the same way when he was five, if he had a nightmare his parents watched a movie with him until he fell asleep.

Nodding her head Joe went to his bag grabbing his DVD's and player as Alex and Rae sat up on his bed. As the movie started the three laughed watching Jim Carry and his antics as the Grintch. Slowly Alex fell asleep with Rae against her chest, as Joe drifted off during the film.

-------------------------

BANG BANG BANG Alex sat up in shock and walked to the door tripping over shoes and clothes Must not have taken care of Jesse's clothes and mine very well BANG BANG BANG she groaned opening the door being met with Jesse's face.

It dawned on Alex now she was in Joe's room. "Jesse I'm SO sorry", she whispered walking out to the hall. He seemed worried, but relaxed as she wrapped her arms around him holding him close. "Rae was upset and we watched a movie I guess I fell asleep", she said looking up as he stayed silent. Running her fingers through his short brown hair she smiled. "Do you forgive me?", she blushed.

He simply nodded before bringing her in for a kiss holding her against his chest as they heard a phone ring in Joe's room. Alex went to sneak into Joe's room again as the phone rang again. She and Jesse both chuckled as Rae picked up the phone and answered it for Joe.

She turned on Joe's bedside light still holding the phone and began jumping up and down on Joe's bed singing her ABC's. Alex and Jesse laughed harder as Joe sat up grabbing Rae and began to tickle her. Her giggles brought smiles to everyone as Jesse kissed her head and whispered that he had to get ready to leave. She smiled and nodded still waiting by the door as Joe finally let her sister up. "Come on Rae, we need to get ready! We're leaving for the road again", she called from the door.

Rae nodded and ran to her sister then out to the hall before Alex nodded a morning to Joe, and he smiled picking up the phone hearing his mother's voice on the other line.

--------------------------------------------

Emmet smiled as he lay in his bunk writing. Nick opened his curtains and laughed as he sat on the edge of the bunk and nodded to the paper. "What are you doing man?", he questioned before taking the paper.

"Dear Alison!", he shouted reading the letter. "I miss you too, soon we'll be back in the states and you can teach me those moves you've promised to show me!", he chuckled catching everyone on the bus's attention. Kevin and Alex both leaned against the door frame as Nick continued to read the letter. "Will you be waiting at the airport like you promised?, Emmet", he smiled handing the paper back to a red Emmet.

Smiling Alex smiled and laughed as Nick walked away singing Allison by Elvis Costello. "Emmet, she's a great girl. Sister approved!", she said giving her brother a thumbs up as Kevin walked over ruffling his hair.

"Yeah man, need any tips you know who to bug", he laughed.

Joe smirked wrapping an arm around Alex nodding. "Yeah ME!", he chuckled.

Pushing him away with a laugh Alex smiled crossing her arms. "Yeah Mr. Joe Jonas, who's 'dated' A.J., and Taylor Swift earning him TWO bad break up songs AND Let's not forget Camilla Belle and the milk shake frenzy", she giggled.

"Those were ALL publicity relationships!", he defended. She just giggled and sat in his lap snuggling under his chin. "Not all of us can be as great at relationships as YOU Lex", he smiled hugging her close. She smiled breathing in his scent of spearmint and aftershave as she drifted off to sleep lulled by Joe's voice and the sounds of the bus.

--------------------------------------------

Frankie and Rae sat in the back playing video games as Mr. Jonas sat talking on the phone about reservations for the next hotel. "Yes, thank you, God Bless", he smiled.

Rae cheered after beating Frankie at the video game. "Did you see that daddy I won!", she shouted jumping up and down. His heart burst as those words left her mouth. Daddy He smiled and nodded kissing her head.

She may not have been his biological daughter, but a tear glistened as he walked from the game room to the front of the bus to sit and be with his wife. Noticing Joe and Alex asleep in one of the kitchen booths he chuckled. "What's so funny sweetie?", Denise asked wrapping her arms around her husbands waist.

"I just feel blessed that's all", He smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok it's not MUCH of an update, but it needed to be written. I feel bad cause I have no excuse to not have these up. :( Do you guys not like it? What can I do to make this better? PLEASE tell me so I can make it something you want!

There will be some additional characters coming up and I hope people like them hehe.

God Bless! and PLEASE comment on the comments page!

Thank you to Hailey and Kat my two dedicated readers who've read since the beginning! You both rock!