You've Given Me Strength To Find Home

She Was Scared Unprepared Lost in the Dark Falling

Joe lay his head back as the bus ran through another city in Germany. He had just called Lisa and a guy answered her phone, she's an only child, and is raised by her mother. Alex walked to the back and smiled. "Scoot", she giggled. He smiled and moved over in his bunk as she joined him. Laying his head on her stomach he sighed letting her run her fingers through his lightly wavy hair.

"It's over", he whispered. She said nothing as he closed his eyes and continued. "I can't believe she cheated"

Alex caressed his cheek and paused. "It's for the best Joe, I mean come on, David didn't like her", she pointed out. David was one of his best friends, if he didn't like her, well, no one did.

"He told me to tell you 'Hey' by the way", Joe laughed as he sat up beside her.

She smiled and lay her head on his shoulder. "Hey".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two black SUV's pulled into the driveway one by one the Jonas boys awoke. Emmet woke with a start sitting between Jessie and Nick in their car as it came to a stop. Each began to pile out of their vehicle as they saw Mr. and Mrs. Jonas carrying Frankie and Rae from the second car.

"Can someone try and wake Alex?", Mr. Jonas asked looking back at the abandoned SUV. Joe ran back as Jesse followed to see if they could wake her. She lay across the back seat with her jacket over her legs and a seat belt around her waist.

Shaking his head Jesse laughed as he went to get her. Joe stood back as he grabbed Alex's backpack and closed the doors as Jesse carried her in. "Which room is hers?", Jesse asked holding her bridal style in the upstairs hallway.

Joe walked over to her door and opened it as Jesse followed. Removing her tennis shoes Joe lay them over where her other shoes were before pulling back the blankets. Jesse lay her down and smiled brushing her hair back. "What are you doing?!", he shouted in a whisper so not to wake Alex. Joe was beginning to remove her track pants.

"She hates wearing pants to bed, besides, she's wearing shorts", he smiled pulling them completely off to show her green shorts. Jesse nodded then went to pull off her sweatshirt. "NO!", Joe whispered. Jesse paused. "She's not going to want that off", he chuckled.

Jesse blushed when he realized what Joe meant. "Thanks man, but I'll let her sleep, have her call me when she wakes", he whispered before kissing her cheek and pulling her covers up. Joe nodded before brushing a hair away from her face and leaving the room the door left open a crack as she liked it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weeks later the boys were doing random shows around the U.S. Jordin Sparks joined them as while Jesse stole Alex away for a few weeks.

"How would you like to be in my video?", he smiled holding her hand their fingers laced. She blushed looking down shrugging. "It's the song you like, you know 'How Do You Sleep', I'd really like to share it with you", he said caressing her cheek.

Alex thought for a minute as he told her the concept of the video. It made her nervous, but she agreed unable to say no to his green eyes. His smile widened as he leaned down to kiss her.

-----------------------------------

They began filming mainly it was Jesse standing outside her apartment singing and trying to win her over, but they began filming Alex and Jesse together, he'd make her laugh and would tickle her in a park as they filmed. She was uncomfortable kissing in public with the camera's watching, but with the angles and with Jesse finding ways to cover her face from seeing they got some shots.

The next day they filmed her sleeping turning in her 'sleep', Jesse and some of his friends visited the day she filmed and jumped on her during filming making the director angry. "We need to film again!", he shouted frustrated.

Alex heard them talking about making it more intimate by making her sleep in less then what she was wearing and in a sheet, it scared her, but she kept quiet.

---------------------------

"Jesse remember the Leavin' video how we had you laying with the model? Do you think you and Alex could do that? But, more?", the director asked.

Looking at Alex he nodded and smiled walking over to her wrapping his arms around her as she stood by the window of the stage. Kissing her neck he smiled. "Ready to film again?", he whispered. She nodded hesitantly as he walked her over to the stage bed. She was shaking as thoughts went through her head of her past. Pushing them back she sat on the bed and got under the covers not knowing Jesse was joining.

"Remove the comforter, and leave the sheet!" shouted the assistant director.

Alex began to shake, but she had to get over this. The lights turned on and they were getting ready to film. The director sat as the music for the song began to play. She and Jesse had been close, but publicly it was weird to kiss and touch him like they had before.

They began to film and Jesse's hands touched her face, her sides as he leaned to kiss her. She was shaking more still even as he sang the song to her to try and calm her. Closing her eyes she tried to stop shaking, but she pushed Jesse off and ran out of the room.

Throwing his papers on the floor the Director put his hands on his hips. "Jesse, forget it, we're just going to go with the video of you singing to the fans live like we planned, it's cheaper, and we don't have to worry about models freaking out!", he said storming off.

Jesse sighed ran after Alex finding her on her phone crying.

He wrapped his arms around her knowing he was part of the cause as he kissed her head. "I'm sorry", he whispered. He knew about her past and he shouldn't have let it get that far. He thought she could handle until he felt her shaking under him.

"I'm fine now, I'll see you guys in a week", she smiled wiping her tears. "Bye", she closed her phone as Jesse picked her up and set her in his lap just holding her. "I'm fine"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jesse knew he had to make it up to her, he felt bad in a few days Jordin, and the Jonas Brothers would be in town to go sing in New York then he would be going on tour with Jordin again.

He smiled as he figured out a plan as he made some calls.

---------------------

"Hey everybody, we want to thank you all for coming here tonight!", Kevin said wiping sweat off his face as the crowed screamed. "Now we want you to welcome a man who is native her to New York!", screams already began. "And I know you know who it is! Come out our friend Jesse MCCARTNEY!", he shouted as Jesse ran out.

Waving to the sea of fans filling the building he smiled. "Hey guys, thank you, love you too", he laughed.

They began to play a few songs of his and a few old school songs that everyone knew.

"Jesse you missed a song!", Joe pointed out. Everyone looked at Joe confused until he walked forward and looked out to the crowd.

"I shouldn't love you, but I want to
I just can't turn away
I shouldn't see you, but I can't move
I can't look away

And I don't know how to be fine when I'm not
'Cause I don't know how to make the feelings stop"
, he sang. His eyes landed on one he was singing to. As he sang the band and everyone joined him.

"Just so you know
This feeling's takin' control
Of me and I can't help it
I won't sit around
I can't let him win now
Thought you should know
I've tried my best to let go
Of you but I don't want to
I just gotta say it all before I go
Just so you know...


Joe sang his heart out as he looked to the audience now knowing the full meaning of the lyrics as he smiled.

"It's gettin' hard to
Be around you
Theres so much I can't say
Do you want me to hide the feelings
And look the other way

And I don't know how to be fine when I'm not
'Cause I don't know how to make the feelings stop"


Everyone continued to sing it with him as Jesse sang along loving not having to sing his song alone for once.

Joe fell on his knees singing with everything he had in him. "This emptiness is killin' me
Im wondering why I've waited so long
Lookin' back I realize it was always there, just never spoken
I'm waitin' here
Been waitin' here"


Kevin and Nick looked to their brother as Jordin came out and sang with them knowing the chorus. As the song ended Joe smiled out to the audience before turning around, but stopped by Jesse. "Wait, I need you to play something for me",Jesse whispered.

With a nod Joe stayed as his brothers left the stage with Jordin and the band.

"Joe, how about just the two of us do something man?", he chuckled into the mic. Joe nodded wiping his sweaty hears out of his face. Jesse handed him a guitar as Joe sat to quickly tune it. He was met with screams, some answering his question some just screaming. "Well I'd like to dedicate this song, to a special girl", he said looking up to Alex in the audience as he whispered the song to Joe.

Joe knew the song, his eyes widened before he slowly began to strum the chords to the song that he felt the deepest for.

"In a crowded place, I see just your face
And it looks so familiar
I can't get to you, though I'm trying to
There are just too many barriers"
, Jesse sang.

Joe continued to play as Jesse sang the chorus, every word his friend sang he wanted to hide away. Jesse nudged him as he came to the final chorus and he nodded leaning close to the mic singing along.

"And I'll only see you, in all that I'll do
To the rest I'll be blind
I don't want something new, other than you
For the rest of my life "
, the two sang softly ending the song. Joe looked up and saw tears in Alex's eyes.

------------------------------------------

The next morning everyone was going onto planes, Jordin was off to her home town for a couple of days before going on tour again, Jesse was off to Florida to film for a cameo on a new show 'it's all ratings', he'd joke. After that he'd be on tour with Jordin again Alex, Emmet, Raeanne, and the Jonas family were heading back to LA for filming season two of JONAS.

Alex and Jesse ate lunch at the airport while waiting for his plane to board they just sat across from each other, the simple pleasure of being near was enough.

"Flight 25353 to Orlando Florida is now boarding", said the intercom.

They both stood and walked side by side to the door before stopping just before it. It was quiet until Jesse leaned down and kissed her goodbye. She smiled caressing his cheek before giving him a quick peck again. "I wanted to say this all week, and I know this isn't the best time but-", he began.

"Flight 25353 to Orlando Florida is in final boarding", the intercom repeated.

Jesse backed up smiling and continued to move. "I wanted to tell you, I love you Alexia Conners" he shouted before running to his plane.

Alex stood in shock.

He loves ME?!
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah I know I didn't update for a LONG time, but I now have a job, and well some things happened and i just couldn't. I REALLY hope you liked this chapter. I SWEAR there is going to be Jolex moments more often! PLEASE comment, PLEASE subscribe! PLEASE!!!

God Bless