You've Given Me Strength To Find Home

She Tried To Survive Wearing Her Heart On Her Slee

It was late into the night only a few hours before closing and the brothers still stayed at the restaurant. "Are you guys being stood up or something?", Alex giggled as she gave Nick another Diet Coke. They all shook their heads as she picked up their dirty dishes.

"Joe just wanted to ask you out!",Frankie blurted causing his older brothers to laugh quietly. Alex shook her head, they're not bible thumpers they are players, she sighed As she began to walk away Joe gave a smile and lightly tugged on her apron string making it come loose.

Setting the tray down she began to re-do the apron wanting to glare at them but she couldn't. With the first fake smile she's had to make to the brothers she began to walk away. "Wait Alex come back", she heard behind her. She sighed setting the tray down and looks back to see Joe looking upset. "I'm really sorry, if you need us to leave we'll go" Looking into his eyes she felt bad, she just couldn't figure him out. She smiled softly showing she wasn't upset as she looked to each of their faces. A smile spread on Joe's as he swept some bangs out of his eyes. "Listen, it's your birthday right?", he said with a smirk.

"For the next...three hours yeah why?", she giggled unsure as she smiled.

He stood up as Frankie, Nick and Kevin got up and began to get ready to leave. "Cause I was wondering if, maybe I could take you on a fun birthday adventure!", he chuckled. Alex looked to him confused as his three brothers headed out the door without a word, you could read her like a book as her gaze went to the brothers leaving. He turned her attention back to him. "Don't worry I'm paying", he smiled brushing a stray hair out of her eyes. "So what do you say?"

Alex heard a squeal from Miley making her turn. The teen gave her signals to go with him which made the two laugh. Alex smiled and nodded. "Sure, my shift ends in an hour...would you like anything?"

"Yeah, your shift to end sooner so I can take you out", he smiled. She rolled her eyes pushing him back into the booth and headed back to work.

---------------------------------------------------------
Alex giggled as the restaurant was closing and Joe sat through it all. She took the carpet flick around the tables and ended at his where he politely lifted his feet and smiled up at her. She smiled back when suddenly a song came on the radio and one of the cooks turned it up. The rock song blasted though the restaurant. Don’t walk away
Like you always do, This time...
Alex instantly blushed as her body simply moved to the beat of the song. "Al, just sing, if the boy runs he's a loser", Miley shouted from her corner that she was cleaning.

The music continued as Alex sang softly with her head down blushing. Miley sighed and began to sing knowing it annoyed her. "I’ll SAy iT oNCe, And I'LL leave you Alone But I got-"

Suddenly the room was filled with Alex singing to the radio dancing around like the carpet flick was her microphone stand. Her voice sang in time with the teen on the radio as she danced around the Waffle house cleaning as she went.

"You’re the only one, that I’ve been needing! And I don’t want to be lonely ANY-MOOOORE!", Alex sang into the handle her eyes closed. Joe looked to her with a soft smile as she and her co-workers all finished cleaning. As she returned from the back room with her jacket she smiled fixing her hair back into a lazy bun.

The pair walked out the front door so that Alex didn't have to worry about locking the back tonight. "HEY BUDDY", shouted one of the chiefs "-have her home by Monday" Joe laughed walking beside Alex as she sent him a glare. "Make that Sunday by midnight!", he chuckled as he locked the door.

She just shook her head as she tugged Joe away from the restaurant. "So where are we going?" she asked with a smile. He smirked and nodded to a park not far from them. There were swings, slides, monkey bars, and see-saws. "But, that's for kids!"

"Exactly!"

---------------------------------------

The two laughed as they went on the monkey bars, and down slides, climbing back up to go back down again. Alex laughed harder when they played 'Don't touch the sand' and Joe would fall in the sand trying to be more daring my going on his tippie-toes. They ended the game fast and made their way over to swings and seeing who could pump higher then the other. Alex soon jumped off and fell on her bum before walking back and simply sitting on the swing. Joe eventually slowed down and smiled. "Whatcha thinking about?", he asked twisting in the swing.

She smiled leaning against the rusty chain as her feet drew in the sand. "Just thinking what life is like out of here" She looked up at Joe and stood walking over to one of the rocking horses, but groaned and laughed feeling the plastic tail between the cheeks in her bum instead of behind. "Don't sit on this...you won't fit", she giggled as she got up. He simply shook his head as he went over and straddled the seat on the See-Saw.

"Come over here and do this with me! I haven't played on this in a while", he chuckled trying hard to stay on without it hitting sensitive places. She complied and soon the two were going up and down. "So, it's your birthday for the next-" he looked down at his watch "Twenty minutes, what would you like to do?", he said with a smile.

That took Alex for a loop, not many people asked her that question. "To dance", she giggled feeling stupid for saying that out loud.

He soon stopped their movements and got off walking to her end holding out his hand. "My wish is your command", he smiled wide. Taking his hand the two walked over to a pavilion in the middle of the park, music could be heard playing from a bar across the way. "It's not perfect, but it's dance-able" he nervously laughed. She nodded as they danced silly, he twirled her around once in a while. Joe even did cheesy moves with her as they danced around.

The music began to slow which was odd, but Alex smiled hearing Nickelback playing inside the bar blasting out to them. Joe hesitantly took her hand and lay his other on her hip slowly leading her in circles around the pavilion. She blushed laying her hand on his shoulder as they danced to the song.

Joe smiled looking into her brown eyes through her black frames. "Happy birthday Alex", he whispered.

A smile spread across her face as she whispered "thanks"

--------------------------------------------------------------

Phil beeped his horn twice before driving off making Alex giggle as she waved back. Joe had been picked up by Kevin at the same time. They offered to take her home, but Phil was already there, plus she wasn't sure she'd want them to know where she lived. She smiled as she unlocked the door and walked back in shutting her eyes as she leaned her head against the door.

"Where the HELL have you been -hic- ", said a voice behind her. Alex turned to be met with the one person that could ruin her good mood-her mother. There she stood in her loose terry clothe robe a bottle of Jack in one hand, her drinking glass in the other. Her dirty blonde hair curtained her drunken features as she stumbled over to her daughter. "Your sister's been hiding from me...WHY IS SHE HIDING LEX!", shouted her mother. The smell of alcohol burned her nose as her mother got in her face.

She looked into her mothers ice blue eyes as she scrunched against the door wishing it would swallow her whole. "ALLIE!", she heard being screamed from upstairs. She ducked under her mothers crouching presents and began running to her sister, but was stopped quickly by her mothers firm grip.

"WHY isn't she calling for ME Alexia?",she yelled tugging her daughter back. When the frightened girl didn't answer she smacked her hard with her left hand. The diamond that lay on her finger cut Alex's cheek. She could taste the famous copper flavor in her mouth as well as she looked up at her mother. "TELL ME! Why won't she call for ME HER MOTHER!", screamed her mother. Her daughter lay on the floor using her feet to push her toward the stairs. Her mother grabbed her again this time by the hair. "ALEXIA WHY WON'T SHE CALL FOR ME!?" She looked deep into her daughters fearful eyes before throwing her down into the carpet. "Worthless", her mother grumbled as she walked back to her room, Raeanne's cries could still be heard.

Mustering all her strength Alex got up and walked to her room knowing Rae would be there. "Sweetie, just lay down I'll be right there ok?", she whispered. Her face hidden by the dark of the doorway. Rae simply nodded as she whimpered. She made her way over to the bathroom and washed her face and bandaged her cut cheek. She sighed in pain as she licked her lip seeing a soft cut there too. Dabbing a cloth in antiseptic she rolled her eyes. "Happy birthday to me"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♠ ♠ ♠
I really hope you guys are enjoying this story haha PLEASE if you know any Jonas fans or people that just love to read PLEASE suggest this story to them! :) Thank you to by buddy Lissa for helping me with this chapter! She kicks major butt! LATER!