You've Given Me Strength To Find Home

And I Needed You To Believe

"Two ticket's please", asked a young teen. Alex passed him his tickets and took his money not needing to give him change. Being bored she began to spin in her stool her hair flying around her until a knock came to her booth.

She came to a quick stop with a face as pale as snow until she looked into the soft brown eyes of Joe's. She blushed as her hair clung to her face as she sat straight up again. He smiled back as he waved. "You seem to be following me...should I be scared?",she giggled in a flirty tone. He laughed flashing a sparkling off white smile. "Just o-"

"Joey can't we go see Beverly Hills Chihuahua?"asked a blonde beside him holding his arm for dear life. Joe looked to Alex who's eyes found her watch to be more interesting. "Please", she begged.

Alex watched as a regretful Joe walked to another booth selling tickets for the dog movie. She sat back in her stool spinning around until a knock came to the door of her booth. She stopped once again and stood so fast that she plopped right back down to regain her balance. She walked out of her booth knowing exactly what time it was, concession time. Shouts from every direction for different items. You could pull your hair out from all the stress. Soon there was no one on the floor as everyone began to clean up. Alex leaned her back against the glass case as she looked through one of the girls teen magazines. She laughed at how everyone was obsessed with people like Zac Efron. "What's so funny? I'm told my jokes are pretty good...", said a voice behind her. She turned around to be face to face with Joe before throwing the magazine against the wall embarrassed to be caught looking at one. "-Of coarse I've been wrong before"

She smiled but remembered the blonde on his arm and her smile went to a professional smirk. "What can I get you sir?"

"Sir? I'm not THAT old am I?", he laughed. She looked down and shook her head.

CRASH

Suddenly popcorn was scattered everywhere. Hailey had accidentally over filled the machine and forgot to shut the doors again. "SORRY!" they heard from the back. Alex laughed at her friend as she shyly came out and began to clean up. Joe laughed too shaking some of the buttered corns out of his locks. He looked to Alex and smiled seeing popcorn all over her.

She was dusting some off, but missed some in her hair. "Here let me help haha", he smiled and picked some out. He reached brushed her cheek as he tried to brush some out of her hair.

"AHH Don't...", she hissed grabbing her cheek. He became concerned as he brought her face back to face his. Brushing hair back more gently this time he saw a cut and a nice bruise covered in make up. "It's nothing, haha just like you I'm a klutz", she giggled pulling away to help clean up.

He leaned over the counter to look down at her. "Doesn't seem like nothing!"

She rolled her eyes as she threw away some popcorn and made another small batch in case someone came out to get popcorn. "Ok seriously J-"

"JOE!",Hailey shouted as she stood holding a dust pan filled with dirty popcorn and threw it over her shoulder running over to the register. "OMJ! I'm getting my phone this is BIG"

Alex looked to him confused as he looked around the theater and nodded to Hailey in acknowledgment. The girl ran to the back room quickly as Alex still gave him a confused look. "Why did you do that?"

"Who did that?", he countered.

She sighed, she was NOT going to win this one. She bit her lower lip as she leaned close. "Meet me at the park at midnight..." he simply nodded as she fixed him a soda and popcorn. "Have nice night", she smiled handing them to him. He nodded and began taking out his wallet. Just as she was about to refuse him, money was thrown at her.

"What's taking you so long? Don't they take credit?", asked the blonde. Alex let her hair fall over the bruise again as Joe was dragged back to the theater holding the popcorn and soda looking back at Alex upset.

She and Hailey began cleaning the lobby area giggling and laughing acting as if Joe had never been there. They smiled and nodded to different customers as they all left. She noticed the blonde with Joe as he walked with her to the doors. She shrugged it off and just laughed as she and Hailey went to pick up the theater. "So, is it safe to blame your mom for this one?", Hailey stated as she swept the aisle. Alex kept quiet as she swept her side. She didn't keep a secret from Hailey, if she did she didn't mean to. Hailey lay her broom against a seat and hugged Alex. "Al seriously you HAVE to get out of there, this isn't safe"

"DON'T YOU THINK I KNOW THAT?! I've wanted to run away since Rae was born! I can't Hails, Rae, and Emmet need me. I'm working hard to keep up our house, and save up to get away", Her eyes were brimming with tears as she looked int to Hailey's hazel eyes. Her friend just hushed her and rubbed her friends back gently as Alex cried.

Hailey picked her friends head up and smiled. "We'll work it out sissy, why don't you clock out and clean yourself up so you can go see Joe"

"How do you know Joe? Did I miss something?", Alex asked confused. Hailey just laughed and shoved her friend toward the door.

"It's not my place to say...just go...", she giggled.

-----------------------------------------------

Alex swung back and forth as she waited for Joe to show up. A stick broke snapping her attention to her side as Joe walked up in a hoodie and his hands in his jean pockets. "Hey", he whispered not knowing what to say.

"Hi", she said softly. He quickly sat down beside her rocking back and forth staying silent. "It...it was my mother", she sighed softly. He looked to her in surprise as he softly brushed her hair behind her ear to see the bruise again. Tenderly he touched it as a tear fell down her face.

He turned to look at her confused. "Why don't you leave? You're old enough to leave!", he looked over to her as she stood. She had heard it all before, the day she turned eighteen Phil had offered to take her in rent free until she could get a place of her own. She refused; Rae was only four and Emmet was in no condition to be an adult for her. She planned to stay until Emmet and Raeanne were eight-teen then they would move away.

"I can leave when ever I want...but I won't leave my brother and sister to live like that Joe, never! I'd rather be a hospital bed dead then see them go to a foster home or an orphanage!", she shouted looking back at him in anger.

He walked over to her and sighed looking into her eyes as he wrapped his arms around her in a hug. "You might as well be living the way you are Alex! Look at you...your constantly working, you look like your tired, your bruised! Seriously Al wake up and smell the coffee!"

She shoved him back angry as ever. "I won't let them live like that Joe...and what makes you such an expert on how to live? Why was Hailey so 'OMJ'? What was that about huh? Who's the one that needs a reality check!? Me? or you!"

Joe scratched the back of his neck as he looked into her eyes again. "It's a long story"

"Well we've got time Joe...", she sighed sitting down on a bench close by.

Sitting beside her he took his time trying to figure out how to explain. Soon he turned to her his face serious. "Listen haha I uh well, I'm in a band with my brothers...We're called the Jonas brothers, I thought you knew. But, when you didn't flip out when you saw my brothers, let alone when you first met me" he laughed seeing her smile softly. "-but, it was so...different to have someone like me for me again instead of being known as Joe Jonas, crazy, odd and funny all day. I used to be crazy, but now it's just fun to crack a joke when I feel like it", he blushed and looked down at his hands. "Sorry, just thought I'd get all that out"

She laughed and smiled shaking her head. "Basically we're from two different worlds huh? You Mr. Rockstar, parties every night money flowing out your ears. Then there is me, Ms. Hobo, working every night, finding money on the street just to make ends meet haha", she looked down as her hopes fell.

He lifted her face to look into his eyes, "There is nothing wrong with you Alex, don't let anyone tell you different" He had only met her two days ago, but he wanted to help her. His thumb continued to caress her jawline as he looked into her brown eyes through her black frames. Thoughts of them spending more time together were beginning to sound more appealing to the young man.

Alex blushed as Joe removed her glasses slowly. She looked into his eyes and smiled content in the moment. "I guess this means your going to be leaving soon...according to Hailey the Jonas brothers are going on tour again in Europe - I'm so jealous by the way-", she giggled.

He laughed and nodded looking back into her eyes. "Come with us", he said nervously. He wasn't thinking, he hadn't even talked to his parents about it. It just came out. "You, Rae, Emmet, can come on tour with us, you can come with us as...as a vacation. It'll be fun!", he kept blurting out. All he knew was he couldn't see her broken again. He couldn't look into her eyes and see her be hurt like he had been seeing.

"Joe, no Rae and Emmet are still in scho-"

"Yeh, but so are Frankie, and Nick! They can be home schooled with them!", he immediately pointed out. The more and more he thought about it, the more the thought it could work. "Yeah and you could work with the crew or be Frankie's sitter, so you can be payed and-"

She laughed as tears brimmed her eyes thinking how silly this all was. "Joe, stop" She touched his cheek then hugged him laughing to herself. "-it wouldn't work, God won't save me through you", she countered making all the air left in Joe's lungs leave his body.

Alex almost dropped her phone as it rang in her hand. Emmet was calling so she picked it up nervously. "Lex....are you coming home soon?", he asked in a whisper. She heard yelling in the background as her relaxed stance quickly changed into a straight fearful position. Joe took her hand listening closely. "Alex come home...mom brought over friends and...Lexi...they hurt Rae" She stood and began to storm home before Joe caught her and wrapped her in his arms taking her to his car.

"I'll be home soon just hide in my closet, Emmet keep Rae safe", She said as Joe helped her into her seat and ran to his side buckling up. As she hung up he started the car instantly turning down his music. "Follow this road", she instructed.

He nodded pulling into the road as he took his friends hand. "We'll get them Al", he looked ahead as he removed his hand from hers and picked up his cell calling his family. "Mom?....yeah I know it's late I'm sorry.....listen mom, I need to ask a favor, can I have some friends over tonight? It's important, I'll explain in the morning...alright mom I love you too bye", he smiled taking her hand again as he continued to follow the road.

"I can't remember the last time I told my mom I loved her...or when she said she loved me", she chuckled fighting tears. Joe glanced over to her and kissed the back of her hand. "Turn left up here"

After giving him directions Joe drove to the curb of a normal looking house with people yelling and partying inside. He got out of the car to open her side, but she was already half way to the door. He followed close behind as Alex opened the door and was met by the smell of beer, smoke and piss. She looked back to see Joe still with her. He looked around the house seeing half naked people, some drinking, some drunk, others passed out as she took his hand leading him straight upstairs. He'd seen things like this in movies, but to be apart of it was something different. He was led to the back bedroom where he guessed she slept. He was met with books on shelves, movies on another shelf and pictures of her with Rae and who he guessed was Emmet. He shut the door as she opened her closet. "Oh Thank God", she sighed as a crying Rae ran into her arms. She held her sister as tears ran down her face; Rae had bruises all over. "Rae, did any of those men TOUCH you",she asked. Her mind was reeling as she waited for an answer. Her little red head shook earning sighs of joy both from Alex and Joe.

"Alex come on we better go now if we're going to get out at all", Joe persisted.

"Who's this clown?", asked Emmet as he was looked over as well by his sister.

Alex smiled softly as Raeanne looked over in excitement. "Pretty boy!", she said with a smile. He laughed and nodded.

"Names Joe, and you are?"

She blushed hiding her face in his neck. "Raeanne"

He smiled and hugged her "Hey buddy"

Emmet looked to Alex and smiled. "Hurry Em, go to your room and get as many clothes as you can pack in your duffel, and your school bag GO", she demanded. She began to hurriedly pack her little sisters things. "Rae I need you to pick ONE stuffed animal and a book ok?", she said. She knew she had to keep her busy.

"Are we going on a trip?", Rae asked looking between Joe and Alex.

He saw Alex was busy so he tried to help her pick her things. "We're going to go see my family. They are really fun, and you get to meet my brothers. One of them is eight how old are you Rae?" he laughed as she held up her hand to show five.

----------------------------------------

Soon everyone was packed, even Alex with the help of Joe. Emmet ran over to his sisters room holding a duffel and his back pack as Alex held two and Joe held Rae and her Disney Princess backpack. "Are we ever coming back Lex?", Emmet asked. Looking back at Joe Alex wasn't sure.

"Not tonight sweetie, come on", she said leading the pack. The three quietly crept past everyone. Alex had to stay back to get somethings as Joe loaded his car with the bags and the kids.

As she was about to leave she felt a manicured hand wrap around her neck. "Where do you think YOU'RE going?", said her mother as she threw her daughter against a wall her hand digging into her neck. Alex fought off her mother only to be pulled into a mans arms his hips rubbing against hers.

She tried to yell but she was still gaining back her breath before her mother grabbed her again throwing her down. She yelled for help as a last attempt as her mother gripped her neck again.

Joe wondered why Alex wasn't out yet. He told Emmet to watch Rae as he ran back to the house to find the door locked. He banged on the door. "ALEX"

Alex heard Joe as she tried to fight back until she began to black out. Her mother was pushed away. "All's she needs is a drink", said a man as he straddled her he was in a drunken stupor as he began undoing her pants.

Her head shook from side to side slowly, but he didn't pay attention. "J-joe help...J-", she whispered until a crash was heard and Joe fell into the house again. He pushed the drunk man back and pulled Alex up and ran her out to his car buckling her up.

"Guys hang on", he said before he gunned it for his uncles. As he parked he looked back at Emmet as he held onto the sleeping little girl. With out a word both boys carried the girls inside. Joe checked on Alex, she was still breathing she was just blacked out as he lay her on his bed. He fixed Emmet and Rae a spot in a guest room just a few doors down. "We're gonna figure something alright man?", Joe said as Emmet climbed into bed. The teen just nodded his head. Joe quietly made his way back to his room as his hand hovered over her bruised face and now over a now darkened neck. "Believe me Alex...I'll do whatever I can to help you" he looked down at his fragile friend as she lay broken beside him. "God guide me through to her heart, and guide her to me so that she be at peace", he whispered before falling asleep beside her.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♠ ♠ ♠
WOOOOOOOOO LONG chapter not gonna lie. But I never found a good stopping point. I didn't wanna end it with them in the park, but I didn't want to leave you in suspense because I only like it when it's happy moments.

FYI: NONE of this is part of my real life haha Characters names and personalities MAY match a friend of mine or myself, but they aren't how they actually are. Just wanted to point that out haha

PLEASE comment and things

BIG shout out to Hailey at becoming a character in the story, she plays as one of my friends! OH and Happy belated Halloween AND don't forget November 5th to wish Kevin Jonas a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! BIG 2-1!!!

God Bless