You've Given Me Strength To Find Home

La-Dee-Da-Dee-Da

Alex groaned feeling aches all over her body as she turned in her sleep. "What can we do sweetie? She is legal enough to do as she pleases, but her brother and sister have to be taken care of!", she heard a woman say softly. Slowly she sat up in a room she didn't recognize as she looked around. Thoughts of the previous night flashed through her mind, her mothers hand around her neck, the weight of the man on top of her as tears threatened to fall. "We truly are truly thankful that she and her siblings are safe, but son... you could be looked at as a kidnapper being not of their family members!", she heard coming from a room not far from her. She slowly got up almost falling wondering where she was. "And what were you thinking sleeping in the same bed as her!?"She checked her body carefully seeing she was still clothed before she continued to search the room. "Son you can jus-"

"Oh Hey, you're up!", Kevin said making the frightened girl jump and the woman in the next room stop talking. The eldest brother carefully wrapped his arms around her in a hug. "Come on, Joe, mom, and dad are talking about what we can do for you and the kids", he smiled hopefully guiding her into the living room where two adults and Joe sat. The woman that sat beside her husband smiled softly before coming over to hug Alex.

Caressing the young girls back she said a soft prayer into her ear before letting Alex sit down in a chair near Joe, Kevin sitting between the two on the arms of the chairs. "I'm sorry if we woke you", said Mr. Jonas with a smile. Alex just shook her head with a smile. "Is there any family that is trust worthy that you, and your siblings can stay?", he asked looking into her eyes through his glasses into hers. She shook her head as it slowly descended down in shame. Emmet's, and Rae's fathers wouldn't be good for them, her grandparents on her mothers side had died, and her dads parents refused to accept her brother and sister. Tears fell down her face as Kevin and Joe held her in a hug.

She cried from the pain, from the anger, every emotion she felt ended in all her tears. Joe kissed her head as her tears slowly ended. Wiping them away she realized now that Mr. and Mrs. Jonas had left the room. "They went into a private parents meeting, don't worry", Joe said softly as Kevin pulled up a tissue.

She blew her nose and groaned from the pain in her neck. "Thank you",she whispered. Soon another hand showed up with some pills and water. She looked up to find Nick with a smile. As she took them and smiled as she felt Rae slip into her lap sleepily and Emmet sitting beside her Frankie finding his seat right at her feet by Nick.

"Well isn't this a sight", Mr. Jonas said with a chuckle seeing his sons as well as Alex, Emmet, and Raeanne all together. Mrs. Jonas smiled as he wrapped his arm around her. "Well we're glad to see you all together. We have some ideas, but they involve you all", he said before sitting down on a couch opposite the seven kids. Taking a deep breath he took Mrs. Jonas' hand. "We've decided, to take Emmet, and Raeanne in, but it's up to them if they would like to be part of this crazy family", he smiled softly. Emmet's face lit up slightly, as Rae wrapped her arms around Alex making her groan again in pain but smile as tears fell again.

Kevin laughed ruffling Emmet's blonde head as Joe ran his fingers though Rae's red hair her face still buried in her sisters chest. "I-I think that's a yes from them...", Alex chuckled softly as a tear fell down her face.

Mr. Jonas nodded and smiled kissing his wife's cheek. "First, we have to go to the police-", Alex's head shot up in fear. "-Alex, we have to, so we can prove that they aren't safe with your mother. We know people here that can help this process be finalized in less then two weeks, now you have to trust us", he said sweetly. She looked up to Joe as he turned to her and smiled nodding.

Kissing Rae's head she thought about everything, how this may change their lives, not only that, but her own. Emmet wrapped his arms around her shoulders carefully. "Come on Lex, we can finally be free, just like you promised", he whispered. She closed her eyes sighing as a smile spread across her cheek. Thoughts of Emmet and Rae growing up, laughing, running around something that was rare for them filled her mind.

"We'll keep you safe", said a soft voice in her ear making her shiver. No one's ever said that to her. She opened her eyes and turned to look into Joe's eyes. "I promise as your friend", he smiled. She looked to everyone knowing that the decision was all up to her.

She closed her eyes as a tear fell down her face. "Let us get dressed and we can go to the station..." she smiled

Rae crawled out of her lap and Emmet ran to their room as Kevin helped Alex up to take her to the room he and Joe shared. After shutting the door she groaned not being able to move much without hurting. Joe knocked softly hearing her crying in the room. "Alex?" He opened the door slowly to find her crying on his bed clothes across the bed, but she was still dressed in the clothes from yesterday. He carefully lifted her up to sit on the bed and made her face look into his. "Al what's wrong?" he said wiping tears from her eyes.

"Joe, I, I can't do this, it hurts so much to move", she closed her eyes embarrassed as he wiped them quickly. "Can you help me Joe?", she pleaded. Her brown eyes looked right into his through her glasses as he nodded nervously.

He slowly removed her glasses putting them on his night stand before she carefully lifted her arms. His fingers softly and slowly slipped under her blouse and he was gentle not to hit her sides as he lifted it over her body. His fingers slid along her sides across the sides of her bra and up her arms softly keeping his eyes on her face. "What top do you want to wear?", he chuckled trying hard not to look down.

"My Police shirt please? It's loose...then it won't hurt me so bad", she smiled her eyes looking into his before he grabbed it and slid it over her head, then helped her get her arms into the arm holes. "Thank you", she smiled. He chuckled blushing as he scratched the back of his head. She groaned making Joe blush more as he walked to the foot of his bed to hide his male excitement. "Jeans are gonna suck in this pain...", she sighed.

Joe smiled softly "I could help you with that too", she just laughed and shook her head. "Here at least-", he walked to his closet and handed her a pair of sweat pants. "-use these, they may be a bit snug, but they wouldn't be as tight as your pants haha", he smiled as she nodded. "Need me to help you put these on?", he asked with a blush. She shook her head and smiled.

"No, my legs are fine. Go and be with your family Joe",she said softly. He smiled and nodded before leaving. As he left Rae jumped into his arms in happiness.
-----------------------------

Two weeks had come and gone, now everyone was going to California, getting ready to go on tour. Mr. and Mrs. Jonas were named as foster parents for the children, while their mother was said to be unfit to raise her children. Alex, Emmet, and Raeanne were heart broken at first as they packed the rest of their clothes and belongings. Kevin held out his hand for Rae as she left her room while Nick helped Emmet with his room. "Dude you love Elvis Costello!?", the curly haired boy shouted. Emmet nodded and laughed before Nick gave him a fist pound. "You are SO rooming with me and Tank!",he said with a chuckle as they continued to pack.

Alex smiled leaning against her bed as Joe came out of her closet with a box of clothes. "You ok?", he asked putting the box down and walking over to her. She smiled softly and nodded. He caressed her cheek, the bruise fading slowly before his phone began to vibrate. "That's Leah be right back", he said before leaving the room picking up his phone.

She laughed making a whipping action before going back to packing. "What was that for?", Kevin chuckled coming in to help.

"Joe, he's been dating Leah for a month now and he's just been a dork. He's so whipped it's not even funny any more", she said putting the last of her bedding in a box. He just nodded knowing it was true.

She tried lifting it, but groaned as she fell back down. "Here let me help", he said with a smile lifting it up with ease. "Come on the SUV is here to take us on the plane", he chuckled helping her up. She smiled wrapping an arm around his neck as he held her around the waist. They made it out to the hall and saw Joe turn around with an upset look on his face. Alex shook her head as she figured she was nuts then began walking on her own down the hall just as he hung up. Joe smiled wrapping his arm around her waist when she finally reached him and helped her to the SUV.

"ALLIE THEY GOT A DOGGIE! Did you know that?!" Rae shouted from inside the car. Alex just laughed as Nick and Emmet ran down with boxes and helped Kevin pack the SUV.Soon the back seat was full and everyone got in. "I love you Alex", Rae whispered to her sister.

Kissing her head Alex hugged her close and smiled. "I love you too"
--------------------------------

Just a month from now they would be going on tour, right now Rae, and Alex sat in the living room watching the boys on Ellen with their friend Demi. Feeling Rae's head again she sighed happily that the fever was broken. Rae had been sick which worried her because they were soon going on tour, they couldn't risk her getting them sick. As the young red head lay her head on her sisters lap she had fallen asleep again as Ellen began asking questions of the boys. "-when's this new album coming out? I mean come on is it going to be as good as your last three do you think?", the blonde host asked.

Nick chuckled as he and his brothers looked at each other. "We don't know, we'll find out next August, we're going to be touring over seas again for Little Bit Longer, we're still working on some songs for the new album, but-"

"We're hoping to do as well as we have this last time around", Kevin intrupted. He smiled turning to the audience as they cheered. "Thanks you guys really", he said. The questions continued more about their love life's.

Alex chuckled when they mentioned Leah to Joe. He looked awkward as always when they turned the back screen to a picture of her on the back screen Leah was your typical blonde, but she was very bright and sweet, Joe's perfect girl. "She's beautiful Joe, but lately we've been seeing you with another girl-", Ellen began. Then a picture of Alex shown on the screen making the boys laugh. "She's a sweet heart too! Now is she dating one of you?", she asked the brothers. Kevin blushed raising his hand, but Joe instantly put it down. Demi laughed hitting Joe sitting between him and Nick.

"No, That's Alex, she's a friend of ours", Nick chuckled seeing the audience was ready for some dish.

Demi giggled and smiled nodding. "It's totally true, but she's a really sweet girl"

Ellen smiled and changed the normal back ground and smiled. "Well we seem to be seeing her an awful lot, is she going on tour as an act with you guys or something?"

They laughed as Joe smiled. "She is, but just as an assistant to my mom, since mom now has six kids to watch over it's kind of crazy to keep track", he smiled Ellen nodded and smiled as the picture of her and Joe driving around LA showed.

"Well everyone who wants to hear the new single with Demi and the Jonas brothers?!", she shouted as everyone met it with screams.

Alex soon turned off the Tv and lay Rae against her taking a nap.

"Should we wake them?", whispered a voice.

"No, with Rae sick, and Al helping they must both be bushed", said another as she felt fingers run through her soft brown hair. She smiled in her sleep making the voice chuckle softly before their gentle fingers took off her glasses. "We'll let them sleep a little longer"

A few hours later Alex's eyes opened to find two familiar brown ones looking back into hers. "Hey sleepy head", Nick chuckled. She smiled sitting up finding Rae not in her arms. "Don't worry she went down stairs a while ago", he explained without a prompt. She nodded and slowly stretched. "Come on mom got pizza tonight!", the both of them hurried downstairs where everyone was. mmm pizza

-------------------------
Alex smiled bobbing her head to a song Demi was writing. "What do you think?", she asked looking up from the guitar. She clapped and smiled making Demi blush. "Thanks, but no really, you don't think it's bad do you?" Alex shook her head and smiled before Demi ran to the boys for them to hear as Alex went over to the key board playing softly closing her eyes.

She hummed the bars softly knowing the melody as she played. "So I lay....my...head...back down-"

"And I lift my hands and pray-", she heard someone whisper making her jump and turn to find Demi standing there smiling. She giggled standing beside her playing some notes on the keyboard before looking over at Alex. "I thought you weren't a big church girl"

She rubbed her neck. "I'm not, I just have always liked that song", she whispered blushing.

"You sounded beautiful, has anyone else heard you sing?", Demi asked. Alex nodded.

"Joe did once, other then that, I usually sing when I'm alone", she admitted quietly.

Demi smiled wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "You should be a singer! Seriously! Come on tour with me and...I don't know be a back up singer for me! It'd be SO great!", the young teen giggled.

Alex blushed and shook her head. "I'm going on tour with the boys through Europe to take care of Rae, and Frankie I couldn't.

"No no you don't understand, I mean when you come back, they will be off doing studio work while I'm on tour! You can come with me then!", she said turning Alex to look at her.

Alex smiled thinking seriously. "But, what would Mr. and Mrs. Jonas say?"

"Let me talk to them! I'm sure they'd be thrilled to have you come with me"

The 19 year old looked down at her feet figuring out what could happen if she seriously did this. Demi looked up into her eyes encouraging her. She really wanted a girl with her on tour mainly because her best friend couldn't be with her so why not at least get someone close to her to be in the band. Alex smiled and nodded as Demi pulled her into a hug. "I'll do it!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♠ ♠ ♠
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KEVIN JONAS WOO!