You've Given Me Strength To Find Home

She Was Given A Role Never Knew Just When To Play

Alex smiled as she buttoned her jeans and fixed her hair. A knock came to her door then Kevin's head popped in with his hand over his eyes. "Jesse is here...uh are you ready? Or do I tell him five more minutes?", he chuckled as she walked over and moved his hand.

"I'll follow you...come on", she smiled before walking down stairs behind Kevin seeing a smiling Jesse at the bottom of the steps. She smiled as he held her coat and helped her put it on. She smiled before turning back noticing Joe standing with his hands in his pockets.

He watched as Alex walked out on a date with someone who wasn't him. Raeanne walked in behind Frankie from the kitchen as Alex and Jesse walked out to the bright afternoon. "Bye sissy! Have fun!", the girl shouted with a wave.

Alex smiled and nodded then soon left on her date. It took days to convince her to go on this date. The funny thing is-

-Flashback-

Hailey had come to LA to visit Alex as a surprise. "So YOU saw Jesse McCartney! O-M-G!", the blonde gasped as they walked down the streets of town.

Alex blushed and nodded as she sipped her fruit smoothie. The girls giggled when suddenly two bodies collided. "OH I'm SO Sor-", Alex looked up seeing a hand in front of her. "Jesse?"

Hailey was in such shock she didn't pay attention as the two talked. Jesse looked nervous, as Alex just giggled. Shaking her head to clear her thoughts she smiled as she looked to Jesse's lips. "Will you go out with me later this week?", he asked her friend.

"I, I'll think about it", she said looking down at her feet. He nodded before kissing her cheek and saying goodbye on his way else where.

The blonde looked at her friend in shock. "THAT WAS JESSE FRIGGIN MCCARTNEY!", she shouted as they walked to Alex's yellow mini coop.

"He's just a guy...", Alex said simply.

-----------------------------------

Days passed and Jesse called Alex trying to set a day, but nothing. Everyone tried talking to her Kevin, Nick, Hailey, even Emmet begged her to go out with him. "Seriously Al it's time for you to go out and date", her little brother said leaning against her dresser.

She still didn't budge. "It's too early I hardly know him", she said with a sigh. He soon left and gave up talking to her. A knock on the frame of her door made her angry. "I said NO I won't go out with him so GO AW-", she turned and saw Joe with a soft smile leaning on the frame. "Sorry...everyone is trying to make me go on a date with Jesse and it's annoying",she laughed. He nodded and hopped on her bed beside her as she lay her head on his shoulder. "Joe...should I go out with him?"

He kissed his friends head wrapping his arms around her waist closing his eyes. "I think you should...You're only young once. He's not that bad of a guy. We went on tour with him once...", he held her tightly before hearing Lisa's ringtone play from his pocket. "He's a nice guy Alex just try it once...make it a day date...then you can come back and tell me all about it", he smiled as Lisa's call went to voice mail. "Give him a chance"

She smiled and held him smiling. "Thanks Joe"


-the person that convinced her was the one falling in love with her.

Alex giggled as she and Jesse stood on the steps. He smiled back and leaned in close as he soon looked into her eyes. She slowly leaned in and kissed him. As they both pulled away they both smiled softly. "Maybe we can try a date at night sometime", he smiled brushing hair behind her ear.

She nodded and looked into his sweet blue eyes. "I'd really like that...", she said softly fixing her glasses.

"You look better without your glasses", he said as she finished fixing them. She blushed and simply smiled before slowly walking inside.

"Have a good night Jesse", she said sweetly before being face to face with six boys their arms crossed, and two girls their hands clasped ready to hear details. "He seems nice"

The boys all nodded before Rae ran over and jumped into her sisters arms. "Can I go on your next date?"

Kevin laughed. "No Rae, you will not be dating for a long time if any of us have anything to say about it!", he said making everyone laugh.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"NO!", shouted Raeanne as she ran from Alex. It was time for her bath, but she didn't want to. The little red head ran behind Joe hiding behind his leg as he walked into the hall to see the commotion. "Joey hide me!", she pleaded tugging at his flannel pants.

The brown eyed boy smiled running his fingers through her red curls before looking up to Alex. She sighed in her black tank top and green p.j. pants. "Joe please don't protect her she NEEDS to take a bath"

He looked down to Rae and caressed her little cheek and knelt down to her. "Rae, come on sweetie be my sunshine and take a bath for me please?", he said giving her a puppy face. Alex bit her lip looking at her little sister as she fell for the same brown eyes she knew no girl could resist. He looked deep into the little girls eyes as she nodded.

As he stood his heart melted as the little girl took his hand with her little one and looked up to him. "Joey will you sing me to sleep...", Rae asked with a smile. He nodded seeing her bite her lower lip like her big sister does when she's truly happy and ran to the bathroom.

Alex watched as her sister ran past her shutting the door to the bathroom. Turning to Joe she smiled. "You're great with my sister...all of your family is...thank you", she smiled as she hugged him. He smiled rubbing her back holding her close.

"ALLIE I'm REA-DY!", they heard from the bathroom. With a giggle she pulled away slowly and kissed his cheek before walking to the bathroom to care for her sister.

Once Raeanne finished with her bath she was walked to her room. Joe smiled as he sat by her bed as Alex tucked her in. "Well what do you want me to sing Rae?", he asked as Alex put the dirty laundry away in the basket.

"My song!", she shouted with a giggle making Joe and Alex smile.He nodded running his fingers through her wet hair.

You are my sunshine...
My only sunshine...
You make me happ-y when skies are gray
You'll never know Rae how much I love you...
Please don't take...my sunshine away
, he sang as he watched her eyes become heavy. Kissing her head he got up and turned running right into Alex and falling on top of her. "Sorry", he whispered. She smiled looking up at him as he looked at her sweetly fixing her glasses for her. She bit her lower lip as she blushed.

"Allie I-", Emmet looked down seeing Joe on top of his sister. "Dude...get off my sister haha"

Joe laughed as he got off Alex and helped her up "Sorry man...you know you have Danger and Double-O-Danger in the same room they're bound to run into each other", he laughed.

Alex blushed looking down at her feet before weaving out of their way. "Well..night boys...", she mumbled before walking to her room.

Both boys watched her as she walked to her room in silence. As she closed her door she leaned against her door and saw her cell phone flashing. As she flipped open the phone she smiled softly.

Inbox

From: Jesse

How does this next Friday sound?
Is going to the movies a bad idea?

Thu, Dec 4, 08:45pm
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's a day late, but I've been working on this all day! Happy Thanksgiving and Happy one year anniversary to my sister from another Mister Hailey! God Bless all!

OH in the next chapter I'm gonna show you what Emmet, Rae, and Alex look like! :D haha

God Bless and Happy Holidays!