Yours Truly

Chapter One

When I went into the room, he was in his favourite chair, staring at the rows of books lined up in the shelves. He did not turn his head. He was always like that. But I know he knew I was here. I walked up, and drawing up a stool and sat opposite him, with the small table between us. “Alfred? Look, we need to talk.”

“Hmm?”

“Now don’t act dumb! You no exactly what this is about.” I said sternly.

“Do I?” He questioned me, as if he didn’t?! The one reason I had been avoiding him today was so as I didn’t have to tell him how I felt; but I now know that I just have to tell him.

“It’s about you and I… this isn’t going to work unless I tell you how I feel; it isn’t fair!”

“What do you mean how you feel? And I’ve noticed that you’ve been rather quiet and reserved today, any particular reason?”

“How would you know! You’ve been here in your study reading with the door shut all day.”

“Exactly, usually you would be in here talking to me, begging me to come out and play.”

“Yes, that is true, but...”I trailed off, he had me there. I was always in a playful mood, wanting to go sight seeing or somewhat dazzled but this study of his. He’d been studying all day this week, his midterms were coming up and he said he wasn’t ready and needed a cramming session; but that was three days ago and he was still in here. “Your parents have gone out for the day.”

So here I was, drooling over this guy, and he didn’t even notice me. It was nice of him to invite me over for the holidays, even if he would be studying; but his midterms were tomorrow, then we could go out and do what ever it was we wanted. Alfred lives in Pennsylvania, USA while I live in Melbourne, Australia; so you can understand why I really wanted to do something; its not everyday you get to go to America for a holiday; let alone your parents allowing you go.
“What was it you wanted to tell me? About how you felt? Like I said, I wouldn’t have a clue.”

“Of course you wouldn’t...” I mumbled to myself.