Yours Truly

Chapter Two

The next day I woke up to a pleasant surprise. There was a letter on my pillowcase addressed to me, it said:

Dear Elsa,
How are you this morning? Sorry, I didn’t want to wake you, you looked so peaceful. I’m at school and I’ll be home about 3. I hope you take you out for Dinner and a surprise =)
I love you.
Yours faithfully,
Alfred. X

I love you… Could it be? Could he be telling me what I’ve wanted to hear for three years now? Oh I hope so, I sincerely do. Ever since we first met, all I’ve ever wanted to do is tell him how I felt, but how do you tell a boy younger than you that you love him? Especially when you met over the Internet and never knew what he looked like for a year… how do you tell him that all you want is for him to know how you feel, even if he doesn’t feel the same way, and to see him happy, do what he wants to do; not what his parents want. It was very improbable but there was that chance tonight…I’d just have to wait it out.
So that day I sat around drawing characters for my new story. I drew Jess; who looked a lot like me; about 5 foot 4, pale, short brown hair, glasses and blue eyes and I drew Joe: with his footballer’s body and short spiky brown hair. Oh how I missed Alfred so much, yes he hadn’t been gone for very long but it felt like an age since I’d felt his warm embrace. I sighed, I missed his warm touch, his brown shaggy hair and caramel eyes.

* * *

Ring ring! Ring ring!
“Hello?”

“Hey Elsa! How was your day?”

“Alfred! It was great, how’d you go?”

“Great! I’m on my way home now, see you in a few.”

“Okay, bye.” So he was on his way home; finally!

“Alfred!” I cried as I ran into his arms. I was making a habit of this dramatic entrance, but he didn’t seem to mind, or deny me of my hug.

“Elsa, how are you?”

“I’m fantastic, you?”

“Yeah, I’m pretty good. You busy or can we go for a walk?”

“I’m not busy and sure, just let me get my coat.” That’s the think thing with Christmas over
here; it’s very cold, and you can’t go anywhere without a coat. “Let’s go.”

We walked for about an hour, we didn’t really talk that much, just a bit of small talk. “Where are we going?” I asked.

“Oh, just to this place I found.” Place? What place? He hadn’t taken me this way before and I was busting to know where we were headed. “Here we are.” he said as we entered a park. I perched myself on a swing and waited.

“I got your letter this morning.” If he wasn’t going to talk, than I’d have to; I hated silence, even for a second.

“Ah, that’s why I wanted to take you here. See, I’ve been thinking about what you said yesterday…”

“What I said?”

“Yes.” He said, “About how you felt.” About how I feel? “I’ve known you for…three years is it now? And I care about you Elsa, I care about you so much and it would kill me to see you hurt in any way.”

“Alfred, I need to tell you. Please let me.” I stared into his big brown eyes, and saw the white snowflakes fall onto his tanned cheek. “I like you a lot, and I care about you too, but I don’t
think you understand Al, I need you.”

“I love you too Els,” he wiped a tear off my face, and smiled.

“Oh Al!” I stood up – a little too fast and fell over. Al tried to catch me but fell with me.

There we were lying on the soft white snow; looking up at the stars, and I laughed. I’m not sure why, but this felt perfect. Laying here in the snow with my Al, in our own world where everything was peaceful. “Elsa?”

“Yes-” and at that very moment, he kissed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
=)