A Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy; A Tale of Past Lovers

Folding You Up To Bring You Down

Chapter 31

I felt my phone vibrate and heard my ringtone go off on my phone. I pulled it out and picked it up.

“What?” I said as I pulled started to pull out the warm clothes I put in the dryer almost an hour ago.

“Where are you?” A whiney, familiar voice said.

“Why are you calling me on Jon’s phone and not your’s?” I asked Chrissy.

“Because it was closer?”

“Define closer.”

“Not in pockets?”

“Lazy ass.”

“Whatever. Where are you?”

“At the laundry mat down the street. Why?”

“Right… I wanted to go grab something to eat but Fine I guess I’ll go by myself.”

“Bring Jon if you don‘t want to wait for me.”

“He already ate with the boys after that interview they had.”

“Right. Well just wait up for me, jeez.”

I hung up on her and started to fold the laundry that I had just taken out of the dryer. One dryer down 2 more to go. Jeez. I started to fold one of Brendon’s shirts as I heard my name being said. I looked over to see Jon walking towards me.

“Hey Love. How was the interview?” I asked.

“Meh, same old questions, along with Brendon and I getting questions about you two.”

“Ahh.” I said as I started to fold more clothes.

“So I’m surprised your not with Chrissy.” I said.

“I’m surprised you’re not with Brendon.”

“Well you guys were at the interview. And he said he wanted to take a nap so I didn’t mind.” I said.

“Ahhh….Well good thing Chrissy and Brendon are not here…”

I set down a shirt of mine… or Brendon’s… It was a band t-shirt that belonged to one of us. That comment just freaked me out a little.

“Uhhh Jon…” I said as I looked over at him with a confused look.

“No wait… Let me finish. There’s something I need to talk to you about.”

“What?” I asked a little relieved and started to fold more clothes.

“Well there was a comment made that I would like to sorta verify.” He first said then mumbled towards the end

“And??? Jon you are prolonging this.” I said, not even half way done with the first load of laundry that I had pulled out from the dryer.

“Well it said in the interview on Kerrang! That she doesn’t have soul and honestly I have been starting to notice it. But I just want to make sure…”

“Jon, I’ve know her since freshman year. And over the years, I have started to get to know her better. I sometimes wonder why I’m her best friend and can stand her after all these years. I mean of all the friends that I have had over the years, she has been the one that has truly been there. I ask myself with all the tendencies she has why she is my best friend, like her bitchiness and rudeness, but in the end I don’t care. I’ve wondered a lot about her sometimes, but to make this short, no matter how much you try and figure it out, she doesn’t have a soul.”

“How can you be so sure? Honestly she says the sweetest things to me, and the next she can say the strangest, most cruel comments. I don’t get it.”

“That is why you shouldn’t hurt yourself thinking about this. Trust me, she doesn’t have a soul. I’m her best friend. We both came up with this realization. She has even said it herself.” I said as I got done with the first load of folding laundry.

I walked over to the second dryer that I had used and pulled out the clothes that were done in there and started to fold them. Out of the corner of my eye, Jon still looked confused and wanted to talk about this more, but then Chrissy walked in.

“What in the world? Why is laundry taking you so long?” she said as she walked over to us.

“There’s a lot?” I said.

“Nice boxers.” She nodded to the ones that I was folding.

“Thanks…They are very comfortable.”

“Why are you doing Brendon’s laundry? And second, you know there are people who can do our laundry now.” she asked as she looked at the clothes that I was folding and had folded already.

“I don’t know? I’m very OCD about people doing my laundry. Plus I didn’t have enough, so I took Brendon’s too. Why not?” I said.

“Nice Thong? Brendon‘s or your‘s?” she pointed and giggled at the lacy black thong that I had thrown along with the pile of folded laundry that belonged to Brendon and I.

“Mine actually. Brendon has the pleasure of taking it off though with the maid outfit.” I said.

“Maid outfit?”

“Yea.”

And by luck, I just pulled out the skimpy maid outfit I wear when I have to do some uh chores like cleaning and getting on my knees if you know what I mean. Chrissy and Jon watched in disbelief as I folded it.

“Aren’t you suppose to dry clean that?” Jon asked.

“Nope. You don’t have to.” I said as I acted like nothing was wrong.

I pulled out the last of the load and started to fold it.

“You take forever. Come on.” Chrissy whined.

“Shut up. I’m almost done. Let me just finish this and drop this off to our and Brendon’s bus.” I said as I hurriedly tried to finish folding the clothes.

“Fine.”

I finished up really quickly and picked up the heavy container filled with Brendon’s and Mine’s clothes.

“I’m assuming we’re going to Chipotle so I’ll meet you guys up there. Let me drop this off and get Brendon.” I said.

“Alright.” Jon and Chrissy said.

I carried the clothes to venue not too far away. After a couple of minutes struggling, I finally reached my bus. I put in the code to get in the bus and opened it up. I dropped off my clothes and went back outside to drop off Brendon’s clothes and go get him. As I was walking towards his bus, I started to hear swearing and yelling. It sounded too familiar. I looked over to see Pete walking off the bus, cursing like there’s no tomorrow and and put his hood up. He looked over at me and stop. I continued to walk towards Brendon’s bus. I tried to open it, but alas couldn’t succeed. I started to push in the code when…

“Hey.” I heard Pete said.

“Hi.” I said as I opened up the door to their bus.

“Can we…”

“I’m a little busy. Sorry.” I said as I got in the bus.

I closed the door and walked over to Brendon’s bunk. I set down his clothes and pushed them underneath his bunk. I pulled back the covers and climbed next to him. I started to kiss down his neck as I wrapped my arms around him.

“Hi…” he sleepily said.

“Hi, I finished our laundry. Wanna get something to eat?” I said.

“Ok.” he yawned.

I climbed out of his bunk and watched as he climbed out as well. He tried to wake up a bit, and then we both headed out of the bus to meet up Jon and Chrissy. As we were walking towards the restaurant, I heard my phone go off again. I pulled it out of my pocket to see I had a text message from Pete.

Pete: can we please talk? I really need someone to talk to right now.

I sighed and thought about it for a second before I responded back.

Me: Fine. Later. I’m with Brendon right now.

He texted back an ok and I put my phone back in my pocket.

“Who was that?” Brendon asked as we got inside the restaurant and walked over to the counter.

“An annoying bird.” I mumbled.

“What?”

“An idiot. No one to worry about.” I said.

“Ok?” He said as he kissed my forehead.

Why am I finally happy, and yet someone is trying to bring me down?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully this will shut up Chrissy about her soul-less self that she keeps i/ming me about