A Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy; A Tale of Past Lovers

It's Ok To Fight

Chapter 32

After eating lunch with the gang, we headed back to the venue. Luckily it was our day off, so we had the whole day to relax. Tour was almost done, yet the band I still had a bunch more places to go like Europe and Asia with The Academy Is…. We were excited for this trip to Europe. I have always wanted to go there so bad, and now we get to go and also do something we loved to do.

We were all laughing at some stupid joke that Jon had said as we walked inside our bus. We all reached the front room to see Pete and Sam talking and laughing.

“Hey you guys.” Brendon said as he walked besides me.

I felt his hand grip tighter on to mine. I ignored it.

“Hey.” Pete said as he got up from his seat.

He walked over to Brendon and me.

“Can we talk? I sorta need your help, Erelin.” He said with a weak smile.

I looked up at Brendon as he had looked down at me.

“Sure.” I said hesitantly.

“Great. Ummm how about in the back or something? I sorta can’t go on my bus right now.” He said.

“The back room I guess is ok.” I said.

“Ok.” he said.

I watched him go into the back room and looked over at Brendon.

“I’ll be back, ok?” I said.

“Alright. Just watch yourself.” He said as he looked into my eyes.

“Brendon, you don’t have to worry. Trust me.” I said.

I leaned in and kissed him on the lips. As we broke apart from our kiss, he leaned in and lightly bit my nose. I scrunched it up and giggled. He let go and kissed me on the forehead. I gave him a big smile and headed towards the back of the bus. I found Pete looking down at his phone, sitting there expecting something.

“Ok what do you need to talk about?” I asked as I sat across from him.

“Well about everything! We haven’t talked like we use to!”

“Well things are different now, Pete. You’re busy with Ashlee and I have Brendon now. First, you didn’t even tell me you and Ashlee were dating in the first place.” I said.

“Well you never told me that you were liking Brendon.”

“It wasn’t even that hard to notice! Even your girlfriend noticed it before you. The whole world fucking knew. Even on the fucking internet. Do you know how many comments on Myspace, messages through myspace, face book, even my own blog I get comments about Brendon and Me. That we would make a cute couple or wondering if we were dating or not. It wasn’t that hard to see, Pete.” I said with a hint of frustration in my voice.

“Well I’m sorry. I’ve been a busy person. You honestly think I pay attention to those little details.”

“Actually you do.” I said in a know it all voice.

“No I don’t.” he retorted back, in a childish way.

“Ok are we here to argue? No. You wanted to talk about something, and I would like to know what it is because you are keeping me from Brendon.” I said.

“What are you two attached at the hip?” He said with a smug look.

“Pete…” I started.

“Ok fine. You wanna know why I wanted to talk to you? Well for one, Ashlee and I have been fighting. There.”

“About?”

“Well many things. Well the little things basically. I don’t understand. One minute we are fine. The next minute we aren’t. We’re almost biting our heads off.” He said.

“Well what are those little tiny things you are doing? Let me guess, being noisy? Not approving of everything she does? Being too clingy.” I said.

“I am not clingy.” He said as he slammed his fist on the chair.

My back went straight as the noise has scared me a little bit.

“Everything ok in here?” Billy said as he popped his head in the back.

“Yea.” I said as I hesitantly leaned back into my chair.

“Alright.” He said with his eyebrows raised.

With that he disappeared. I looked over at Pete who looked over at me angrily.

“Pete… Just calm down and tell me what happened.”

“Well if you would stop being pushy…”

“And that’s how I am sometimes. Duh. Now what happened.”

“I don’t know…”

“Pete, couples always fight. You can’t help it. Sometimes it’s over the tiniest things. You two will get over it in the end. Come on, even Brendon and I fight over the stupidest things. Like yesterday, we fought over the last Mountain Dew Code Red, when we realized we could just go out and buy more. It doesn’t matter in the end. All that matters is the smiles we always put on each other’s faces.”

Pete just stared hard at me, which was staring to freak me out a little bit.

“Brendon really does mean something to you doesn’t he?” He quietly said,

“Yea, he does. We fought off the maybes and what nots about liking each other. We had our doubts, but in the end, our love conquered everything.” I said as a smile spread across my face.

That happens a lot now when I think about him.

“Well, I guess I shouldn’t be angry about you not telling me then. I was sorta mad because you didn’t even tell me that you had liked him, but seeing you happy is the most important thing for me.” He said.

“Thanks. I know things will get better for you and Ashlee. You two just need to breathe a little.” I said.

“I know. Thanks for everything.”

“No problem.”

He got up from his seat and walked over to me. He leaned down and gave me the biggest hug ever which I returned. I missed talking to him, but some things we starting to question in my mind. Why would Brendon’s and my relationship with each other bother him in the first place? I put that thought in the back of my mind as we let go. I got up from my chair and headed back into the front room to find the gang all watching a movie.

“You can stay if you like.” I said to him.

“If you don’t mind…” He said.

“Nope, I don’t.” I said as I looked over at him.

I then looked over at Brendon as he stared hard at us, trying to see if anything bad had happened without him there. I just rolled my eyes and walked over to him and sat with him on the floor. He maneuvered a new position to sit in so I was sitting in between his legs, leaning upon him. Pete then sat above us on the couch. Brendon wrapped his arms around me and intertwined his fingers with mine.

“Everything ok?” he whispered in my ear as he kissed my neck.

“Yea… I’ll explain later.” I whispered back.

He then started to kiss down my neck, nibbling it a little bit. I started to giggle seeing that it tickled. I giggled silently as he continued to bite, until I whined a stop out. He then held me tighter and continued to watch the movie. I thought that would push away the nagging question but only for a couple of minutes. I hate this feeling.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm almost done with this story. I have the plot line all written out and topics for each story and what not. I'm working a new story so hopefully I'll be able to post it soon. But it has to wait because I want to finish this first.

-Erelin