A Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy; A Tale of Past Lovers

A Spark...

Chapter 4

I leaned back in my chair and stared at the piece of paper that was in Billy's hands now. It was our contract. The contract stating that we would be signed under Decaydance/Fueled By Ramen Records. It's been about a week since the auditorium show. Since then, Johnny Miniardi came to our show on Friday and told us he's been listening to the EP that Billy sent him without us knowing for a straight week and has memorized every single lyric.

"What's wrong?" Sam whispered in my ear.

"Nothing..."

"Then how come you're staring at the contract like you're ready to burn a hole through it."

I shrugged my shoulders.

"No second doubts?"

"No! Of course not! This is a huge opportunity. There is no way I'm gonna pass it up!"

"Good, because I don't think we can do it without you."

"Fucka... You better not or I'll be pissed!"

"Either way, we wouldn't be able to. You're our singer and bassist. That would be hard."

"This is why I love you hard core, Sam."

"Here you two... sign," Chrissy said as she passed the contract and the pen towards me.

"Thanks."

I read over the contract again, and put it down. I could feel the eyes of Pete and Johnny staring me down. I grabbed the pen and signed away my life.

"Congratulations, Photogenic Misery. You're now a part of Decaydence and Fueled By Ramen Records," Pete said after signing the contract.

He leaned over and shook all our hands along with Johnny. Right as Pete and my hand touched, a huge shock came from his fingers.

"Oww!" We both said as we pulled our hands away from each other.

"Way to shock me!" I said as I looked at my hand.

"You shocked me!" Pete said.

"No, you shocked me."

"Ok... enough," Johnny said,

"Yea... let's go celebrate!" Chrissy said.

"And we have just the thing."

We looked over to see the rest of Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco were by the door holding cups and sparkling wine. They walked over to us and handed out the cups. Patrick and Brendon poured the wine in our cups.

"Let's have a toast... to the new addition to the family," Johnny said.

We all put our glasses in the air and looked at him.

"Congratulations, Kids. Make us proud."

We all cheered and drank away. I drank mine in one glup and looked at my cup, thinking whether or not to fill it again. I couldn't help but feel a little regret in me. I don't know why. I felt something was up.

"Hey."

I looked up to see Brendon in front of me. He introduce himself after we were done in the auditorium. He was very nice, but I guess you can say I was shy. I'm usually like that at first. He was holding up the wine bottle.

"More?" He asked with a smile.

"Sure," I said.

He filled it up, and couldn't stop smiling.

"You okay?"

"Yea.... Just letting it all sink in I guess."

"Understandable. I felt the exact same way when we first got signed."

I gave him a soft smile, and he gave me the cheesiest one ever. I giggled a little, and I could see his face turn a little red.

"Hey...How you doin'?" Pete said as he put his arm around me.

"Are you pretending to be drunk to hit on me?" I asked.

"No... If I wanted to hit on you, all I would have to do is say 'have we met?'"

"Ahhh..."

"But it's true though I feel like we have met before..."

"We have..."

"When?"

"You're Arlington Heights Show like 5 years ago..."

"Hmmm no... I think earlier..."

I looked at him with a confused look, but it did hit me though. It seems like I've known him from somewhere... I just couldn't put my finger on it.