A Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy; A Tale of Past Lovers

A Plane Ride From LAX to O'Hare

Chapter 48

I closed the door behind me and with my luggage at hand, I left. I didn’t know what to feel anymore. It was all just some huge game. My grandmother was right. She knew this would happen to me because she had experienced it herself along with every woman in my family. I never really understood which one was my Nate or my Daniel. Lola knew who was who amongst them.

All I knew was that I felt empty inside. I was confused just like her, but I think I made the right choice in the end. Pete wasn’t mine. Yea, we did get close, but I know I could never really love him. As for Brendon, I’m still torn onto him too. I guess it is possible to be in love with two men at the same time. In the end though, Pete did help me. I’m not gonna lie, he did cure me, but not the way I wanted to be cured. The taxi driver loaded my luggage into the trunk as I climbed into the back seat. This time I wasn’t chased after. I wasn’t begged back. I was alone.

As the taxi driver pulled out of Pete’s driveway, my phone started to ring, that ringtone all too familiar. I reached into my purse and pulled out my phone.

“Hello Chelsea.” I said over the phone.

A huge hello was greeted back to me.

“And Hello Ryan, Spencer, Jon, and Chrissy.” I said.

“Erelin, where are you?” Chrissy said.

“I’m in LA. I’m on my way back to Chicago now.” I said.

“Oh. So do you mind taking a detour to Vegas and talking to us…” Ryan asked.

“What? No. I know what you guys are scheming…” I said.

“Erelin, please. I know what he did was wrong, but he hasn’t left his house in thre weeks.” Chelsea said.

“Yea, and he refuses to talk to any of us. He calls us to get him food. We have a CD to put out that we have been putting off because of him. Honestly, Erelin he’s miserable without you.” Jon said.

“Yea, he keeps calling me to see how you are doing. To see if I have talked to you. I understand I’m your best friend and all, but this is getting annoying. Erelin, just come to Vegas and talk to him. Please?” Chrissy said over the phone.

“I’m sorry. I just need time to myself. I can’t do this alright. I just can’t. I’ll call you when I land into Chicago.” I said.

I then hung up on them and rested my head against the back of the seat. I then put my phone on silent and vibrate. I felt the cool air blow at my face, as I rolled down the window. All I wanted to do was just go home. I felt sick to my stomach. I was feeling so many emotions. I think I made the right decision…. I hope.

I finally arrived at the airport, just anxious to go home. I just wanted to get away. Funny how it seems that I hated being at home, and I just wanted to get away. Now I want to get away from my problems all over the world and just go back home. I grabbed my luggage and walked over to the front desk to get a stand by ticket. I waited in line, feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket. I started to get a little annoyed, but also confused. I just wanted to get away. I pulled out my phone and checked my missed calls list. All from Chelsea, Jon, Chrissy, Ryan and Spencer… and Brendon. I started to wonder… was he there when they called me? Is it true he’s miserable and hurting like me? I felt like calling him back. It was like instinct to call him back. I was use to doing that still.

“Miss?? Miss? It’s your turn.” the lady at the front desk said.

“I am so sorry. I really am. I just need to go home.” I said.

“No, I know how you feel. Now where might home be?” the lady said.

As I was about to say Chicago, I felt my phone vibrate in my hand. I looked down to see that it was Brendon calling me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
gah... what is she going to do? go home? go to vegas? go back to pete? go to philippines? get some cake? Iono you are just going to have to wait! =]

comments = more chapters = love =]