Haunted Halloween

3/4

I looked around the bathroom; desperately looking for something that could help us.

My eyes fell on the complimentary bath salts. I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that ghosts or evil spirits can’t cross a line drawn in salt. It was worth a try at least I thought as a desperate plan sprung up in my brain.

“Arabella, I’m going to need your help. I’m going to try and help you escape. I want you to take these bath salts. I’m pretty sure that he’ll come for me first. You sit in that corner and keep quite. While he’s busy with me I want you to make a circle around him with the salt. Can you do that for me?”

She looked unsure, but she nodded her head slowly. She took the bath salt and moved into the corner again. Her eyes were as big as saucers.

The door flew open with such force that I was surprised that it didn’t splinter into pieces. This was definitely not the way I thought I’d die. I can see the headlines now:- Jared Leto found battered to death in locked room.’ - At least I’d leave them with some mystery.

The beasts eyes fell on me and as I suspected it headed straight for me. I was frozen in place. He reached me picking me up by my arms. His touch was revolting. It was slimy and cold. It made me feel filthy. The filthy stench that surrounded him made me gag.

“So you thought you could take my little flower?” He laughed and I could see the madness in his eyes.

Arabella had silently walked over and was busy making the circle around us. I had to make sure that his attention was fixed on me. I gathered up my courage.

“I won’t let you hurt her anymore. I will take her away from you.”

It was supposed to be strong words, but fear made my voice shake. Not only was my voice shaking but my whole body was shaking from the fear and horror. But at least I’d given Arabella the chance she needed. She’d completed the circle and was backing away from us; moving towards the bathroom door.

He noticed her moving away and turned his attention towards her.

“Where are you going my little flower?”

He shoved me away from him. I flew through the air and hit the opposite wall. It knocked the wind out of me and it took great effort to get up.
He tried stepping towards her, but stopped short. He tried again and when he failed he let out a frustrated bellow. Well what do you know it actually worked.

I got up slowly and inched past him, careful not to disturb the salt circle. I picked Arabella up and ran towards the door. My back hurt like hell from being shoved into the wall, but I wanted to get out of the room fast.

Behind us the beast was roaring in frustration and rage. I didn’t want to see its face; I just kept on running out of the room. Arabella held on to me tightly as I stepped out into the hall.

I ran all the way to the lift and only stopped while I waited for it to reach our floor.

“What do we do now?” Arabella asked.

She seemed to have calmed down since we got out of the room.

“We’ll go to my fiends’ room and we’ll try and figure out a way to release you from this hell of yours.”

She smiled up at me; it was such a dazzling smile. It was the first real happy smile that I’d seen on her face. She put her head into the crook of my neck as I held her. Luckily there weren’t many people around this time of the night. It would have looked highly suspicious to see a full grown man, clad only in pajama bottoms and carrying a blood spattered girl around.

I walked into the MCR suite. Everybody was still there, although the waiters had gone already. Gerard was the first one to notice me.

“Hey there Jared; you look like you saw a ghost.” He joked. “Who’s your young friend?”

Everybody looked at me and Arabella chose that moment to lift her head. I could see the shock on everybody’s faces as they saw the wound and the blood. I put her down gently.

“What the hell is going on Jared?” Gerard asked. He was very pale, even for him.

Ray jumped up and rushed towards us. He bent down and reached out to Arabella.

“Come here little girl. We need to take care of your wounds.”

Unfortunately his hands went right through her. He fell back in shock and if possible Gerard went even paler than he already was. Mikey screamed and jumped behind the couch. The rest of the guys were all too shocked to react. I found it really funny and laughed wickedly.

“Did I forget to mention that Arabella is a ghost?” I asked dryly.

Mikey was still making small moaning sounds.

“Calm down Mikey. She won’t hurt you.” I said as I walked to the couch; grabbing a beer on the way.

Arabella had followed me and Mikey scurried away from us.

Frank was the first one to recover. I should have known. Nothing fazed him for long.

“Doesn’t that hurt?” He asked pointing to her wound. “And how come Jared could touch you, but Ray’s hands went right through you?” He sounded genuinely interested.

She smiled shyly. “No, it doesn’t hurt, but I can make it go away.” As she spoke the wound and blood disappeared. “I let Jared touch me, otherwise I wouldn’t have gotten out of the room, but Ray’s hair scares me.”

Frank burst into peals of laughter. “Ray the scary hair man!”

Arabella giggled as well and the tension that had been hanging in the air dissipated. Trust Frank to make her laugh. He’d always been good with kids; I guess it worked on ghost kids as well.

“What‘s going on Jared?” Shannon asked.

“My room was really haunted.” I said.

“I kind of gathered that.” He replied sarcastically.

I filled them in on what had just happened.

“Wow.” Gerard said in awe.

“Poor ghost girl.” Frank said. I swear tears were shining in his eyes. “Do you want a hug?” He asked her.

She only nodded. He gave her a big hug. And trust me; nobody gives better hugs than Frank. She gave a little contented sigh and smiled. Poor thing, it must be terrible to be so alone and have to face that monster every day. She ended up sitting on Franks lap.

“What now?” Gerard asked.

“That my friend is a very good question.” I said.