Haunted Halloween

4/4

“We need to find a way to free her.” I said. “We can’t leave her in this situation, I won’t allow it.”

“Why don’t we take her with us? She can travel with us and I’ll take care of her. She’s so cute and we don’t even have to buy her food!” Frank yelled.. “Can we keep her? Can we gee, can we?”

“Don’t be silly Frank! She’s not a puppy!” Gerard yelled.

Frank pouted and hugged her to him. I swear he’s such a child sometimes.

“Arabella, you said your body was buried beneath the floorboards.” Bob asked.

“Yes. He’s there too. He had his poor wife put him there. She was terrified of him.

Bob nodded his head.

“All we have to do is bury you in consecrated ground and then your spirits should be able to rest.”

“I’m not going to sneak into a graveyard in the middle of the night!” Mikey said fearfully.

“Don’t be so dramatic.” Bob sighed. “Arabella can show us where the bodies are and then we can ‘accidently’ discover them. The hotel will have to notify the police and they’ll bury them.”

“Well I’m not going back there now. We’ll wait until morning, well it’s actually morning now, let’s wait until five and then we’ll do this."

Everybody agreed. We were all too hyped up to sleep, so we sat around talking. Frankie was playing with Bella. Even Mikey had gotten over his initial fear and was talking to her and making her laugh.

This whole situation was so surreal. If anybody had told me I’d be sitting in a room with a ghost I would have told them that they were crazy.

Finally it was time to leave. I had borrowed some clothes from Gerard; there was no way that I was facing that thing in only my pajamas again. I took a moment to prepare myself before I opened the door to the room. Bella was hanging onto Frank for dear life, or should that be afterlife? Oh whatever, quit stalling and open the door you idiot.

My heart rate picked up immensely as I opened the door. I heard Bella whimper in fear. I stepped inside. Everything looked okay. The others followed me into the room. Frank had picked Bella up and kept telling her that everything would be fine. He’d really grown quite attached to her, we all had she was really such an adorable little girl, for a ghost that is.

Suddenly a raging snarl came from the bathroom. The beast was still there and man was he angry!

“Give me back my little flower, she’s mine.” It raged.

Everyone was shaking. They could all see him.

“Man that is one ugly ghoul.” Bob said.

His words, broke the tension and even little Arabella giggled.

“Let’s just get this over with.” I said. “It looks like he’s still trapped.”

“Bella sweetie, please show us where your body is.” Frank asked as he set her down gently.

She walked over to the corner of the room and pointed down. Her eyes had gone all sad again.

I walked over to the corner with Bob. With his help we were able to lift the boards up. The ghoul was screaming and raging, but it was becoming more and more desperate as we lifted more of the boards. Finally we had uncovered enough to see both of the bodies. Little Arabella was still clutching a little doll in her hands.

Suddenly the screaming from the bathroom stopped and the ghoul disappeared.

A week later.

The police had been called and they had removed the bodies. Arabella hadn’t disappeared and she’d been spending her time with us. There had been a journal with the bodies. It had detailed how the mad man named Damian Blakemore had abducted and murdered Arabella DeLacey. There were no living members of Arabella’s family, so she was going to be buried in a pauper’s grave.

We wouldn’t allow that and we’d all given money so she could be buried properly. That’s why we were now here in the graveyard. Her small coffin had been lowered into the ground. It was only us there.
She was still standing there.

“It’s time for me to go.” She said softly.

She went around, giving everyone hugs. Frank’s lasted the longest as he refused to let her go.

“Thank you for helping me, I’ll always remember you.”

She walked over to me.

“Thank you for staying with me and helping me. You kept your promise, and for that I’ll always be thankful.”

With those final words she faded away. I felt so sad, but at the same time relieved.

She’d finally gotten the rest that she deserved.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well that's the final chapte. I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. Feel free to comment.