Trapped in a Tangled Web

001

"You really kiss your momma with that mouth, son?"

I quickly backed up off the ledge I was balanced on, silently laughing to myself at this poor assholes perdicament. I mean, honestly! Who the hell would be dumb enough to curse out a person that has you trapped in a secured building, locked in a shock cage, and tortures you?

Amature. That's the only word that popped into my head when I thought about these idiots.

Once my breathing started to get back to a normal speed, I crept closer to the window opening again and peered inside. Markus Johanson was standing in front of cage six, snarling like a rabid animal at the person inside. Marcus, the guy that has been after every single person of my kind, was in a word, evil. He was trying to recruit a very specific type of person for his would be army. An undefeatable army.

"Leave him alone, fuckface!"

I rolled my eyes at the guy in cage four, even though I knew noone in that entire building could see me yet. All three of these guys must have a fucking death wish to speak to Markus like that. Either that, or they were almost as brave as I am.

Markus, in the blink of an eye, whipped his arm around and struck the guy straight in the face. His entire arm went right through the cage, knocking subject4 flat on his ass.

"I will have obediance from you by the end of the hour. You will cooperate!" Markus screamed in rage.

Subject4 stood up, walking right up to the cage bars and snarled into his face. "And you will leave my brothers alone, asshole. Or I will make sure you have the same scars on your body as you gave me on mine."

Markus snarled, reaching his hand slowely into his front pants pocket. My eyes squeezed closed as tightly as I could once I caught sight of the inhumane instrument he pulled out.

A fucking shock controller.

Subject6 and subject1 fell to their knees, bodies twitching in agony as small keening sounds escaped past their throats.

I must have made a sound. Had to have made some type of noise that alerted the men inside of my presence. As soon as Markus let his finger up off the trigger, subject6 stared straight up at me. His dark brown eyes seemed to gaze right into mine, pleading for some type of help. Any kind of help at all. Anything to make the pain stop.

My breath came in a sharp pained feeling, alerting me to start breathing again. Somehow, some way, his gaze made me forget everything but his eyes. His face. Made me completely numb to my surroundings.

Markus was saying something. Something that, for the life of me, I couldn't conscentrate on hearing properly. He turned heel and stalked out of the room, his two guards ever-so-faithfully following him out and making quite sure that the door was locked. After all, there was always a chance that they could escape fucking cages with built in shock features and manage to escape through a steel door.

Note the sarcasm.

I took a steady breath, focusing on my body until I felt every slight brush of wind across my skin. Every small hair standing on end running up and down my arms. Every-

"We don't need to escape, Brian. Someone is already working on getting us out of here."

My eyes snapped open as I stared straight down, my eyes once again immediatly locking with the guy that spoke. The guy with the shaggy, fuck-me-now hair, a lip ring on the right side of his mouth that was crusted with blood. I guess he was too stubborn to leave it out every time Markus ripped it out of his lip.

"What the fuck are you talking about? Noone in our group even knows were fucking missing yet! Or maybe you forgot, Gage, but we were caught the second fucking day of a month long vacation! Noone will know for atleast another week yet!"

My eyes finally manages to steer clear of Gage's, and focused on the one that spoke. Subject1, aka Brian, was looking at Gage as if he was completely bonkers. Nuts. Challenged. Go figure Brian to still be a cocky asshole. How we were ever friends when we were younger, I haven't a clue.

"She'll save us," Gage whispered, letting his eyes flutter closed. My heart gave a little jolt as I watched the stubborn asshole suddenly seem weak. "She'll save us guys. God help me, but if she doesn't, I won't survive the week."

Subject4, no name guy as of yet, tried to reach through the cage and touch Gage. He winced as a bright electrical current suddenly became visible, running up and down his arm before he pulled his arm back against his own body.

"Little bro, I really don't know what the fuck your talking about. But if there is actually a person trying to help us, then I hope she does it fast. I'm not healing as fast as I should be."

And with that in mind, my heart raced a little faster. Normally it wouldn't concern me. Obviously a human would take months to heal wounds like his.

But we're not just normal humans, I reasoned. If it was really taking him longer to heal that normal, it meant that his animal instincts were giving up. That was soo not a good thing right now.

I gritted my teeth against the pain I felt, now determined that I had to help. Origionally I was just going to sneak a peek, then leave the poor bastards to themselves. Anyone that couldn't save their own asses weren't worth the hassle of living in the real world. But, damn it! My conscious wouldn't let me just walk away after what I just heard.

My knuckles started to bleed with the effort of sneaking my fingers underneath the heavy window panes. Shoulders screaming in protest at the weight I was making them hold straight up into the air.

This would be soo much easier if I was a bigger animal. But then I wouldn't have thumbs.

Yeah, thumbs were a real plus right about now.

"The latch to your left. Slide it over or you'll set the alarm off," a soft voice whispered from below.

I groaned as I did what the voice said, my muscles threatening to pop at what I was asking of them. It never occured to me that I should have looked for the source of the voice. For some stupid fucking reason, I was trusting that all three of them would help with save their sorry asses just because they believed the shaggy haired guy.

"A little further to your left, love. You should be able to see the small wire hooked onto the ledge about now."

And I'll be damned if I didn't. A small plain silver wire was laying underneath, seemingly staring at me, taunting me to let the pressure off of it so I could make Markus go nuts with worry. But I held myself in check. If I fucked up, then these guys were dead.

Not to mention myself as well. I quickly pushed the latch over the wire, keeping it tight enough so that it wouldn't trip the alarm. Pulling the window staright upwards with my last burst of strength, I let myself fall the fifty-some feet to the floor.

My entire body screamed at me, the abuse that I was putting it through was almost too much to bare. But one quick glance at the guy in the middle cage made my efforts suddenly seem worth it. And that just pissed me off to no end.

Being hurt, angry with myself, and frusterated for reasons even I couldn't figure out, really didn't help my ultimate goal. All my emotions made me drop my guard. Or, so I assumed when I heard four simultanious gasps of suprise.

"Your a chameleon? I thought there weren't any left!"

And there goes all my effort of remaining unknown. Now, I would definantly have to kill them and save my own ass. Yup. That's definantly what I would have to do.

So why was I starting to work on locks to release them?
♠ ♠ ♠
So... Avenged7inShadowsX started writing a story a while ago called "Oh the webs we weave." It has the both of us in it, plus a few of our friends. So.. in that spirit, i decided to write the prequel to it. hope you all enjoy.

Comments are <3<3