Trapped in a Tangled Web

013

My door creaked open as soft light from the hallway spilled inside.

"My dear, you are a wreck," a cracking voice murmered.

I rolled over slowely to see the one person I hated even more than Zane.

Markus.

"Thanks for tellng me I look like hell, sir," I whispered softly.

He chuckled as he walked into the room. "My boy shure did a number on you, Angela. Sometimes I think it would have been better if I would have kept you for myself. Did what I was planning to do all along."

"And what was that, sir?"

He sat on the bed, making me bite back a scream as my body shifted from his weight. "Well, I've been looking for you for well over eight years, Angela. In that time I've created a few choice things to do to you. But, in the end, I found out one importaint thing above all else. Your the only chameleon alive. If I killed you, then I wouldn't have a chance to create any more viable weapons for my army. So, I let my son have his way with you."

I said the only thing I could think to say. "That was awfully kind of you sir."

"I know," he laughed. "Now, I want you to get cleaned up and presentable. There are some lab techs that are comming here to experiment on you. We need to find out what makes you able to shift into multiple animals instead of a set one."

He left the room in a whoosh of stale air, the door swinging slowely closed behind him.

I groaned as I pushed myself up to a sitting position, my hands immediatly going to the collar around my neck. With all the strength that I could muster, I gripped the metal and pulled. It fell away like plastic, bending this way and that before it fell to the floor.

"Time to go save assholes one through four," I mumbled.

Carwling out of the bed, I didn't even bother to clean all the blood off my body. I just picked up the whi from beside the floor, next to all the bondage material and kinky, perverted shit that Zane had used on me for the past four months.

Holding the whip in my hand as if it were my last hope, I shoved my door open and strode down the hall.

Most of the guards leered at me, licking their lips and flairing their nostrals to pick up my blood scent.

It didn't faze them one bit that I was walking on my own covered in blood. Over the past few minths, they've learned to trust me enough that they didn't follow me around.

After all, if I put up with Zane's twisted fucking shit, and never tried to escape, then I never would. Right?

"Jagger, babe, open the fucking door for me, would you?" I growled out once I got to the cage area. "I need to vent out some anger on these fucks."

Jagger grinned and pressed his hand to the monetor, waiting until the door clicked open before removing his hand. "Have fun in there Angela. Don't kill them too badly."

I sighed, regretting the fact that I might have to hurt him if he interfered. he was actually pretty nice once I got to know him. Always helping me when I was too hurt to help myself. Stopping Zane when he went too far past the point that my body could take and still heal from.

"Thanks Jag. I'll make sure they're still brething before I leave."

I waltzed into the room, whacking my whip on the floor and standing just inside the door to make sure noone followed me inside. Once the door made that farmilliar clicking sound when it shut, I dropped the whip to the floor and walked straight over to the cages.

"All four of you better get on your fucking feet within the next minute or I'm leaving you here to rot."

Jason snickered as he looked up at me. "Or what? You'll kill us this time? Please, even Markus is more fucking stable then you are."

I grimmaced, lookin at the floor for a brief second before looking right at Gage sitting all the way back in the cage.

"My real name is Flame, just like I told all of you," I whispered. "He called me Angela and I went with it. If he thinks I'm someone else, then atleast that person is safe for now. I tried not to hurt any of you too much in case you ever had to escape. I did everything I could do so they would stay away from all of you and leave the torture up to me. Now if you all want to be assholes about what I've done to insure that the four of you remained breathing, then go for it. I'm escaping right the fuck now. Your choice if your comming with me."

Jason turned his back to me, huffing indignantly and crossing his arms. Brian did the same, but slower than Jason did it.

Kyrian stared at me for a long time before just looking at the floor and ignoring me.

I growled. "Fine, die in here then. The next person won't be so nice with their torture. Have a nice life for wehat's left of them," I spat out.

I made to turn around and crawl up the wall, but a hand grabbed mine and held me still.

"Why are you covered in blood? You smell like pain more and more every time you come in here."

My heart thudded out of my chest as soon as the hand touched mine. The voice sent a shiver down my spine as my body went slack.

"Since they couldn't torture any of you, they tortured me instead. I heal faster than all of you combined. It was more fun for them."

Gage laced his fingers eith mine, pulling on my hand until I turned to look at him.

"We'll come with you," he whispered softly. "Please Flame, don't be lying to us right now. I trusted you the first time I saw you here, and you got us out. I'm still trusting you even after you did that fuckers bidding. Please don't lie to me now."

I groaned, flipping my wrist out and jamming it in between the bars of his cage. I let myself begin to shift slowely, the temperature of my body slowely starting to rise as my hand became a paw.

"Stand back Gage," I murmered.

He lept backwards just in time. The wiring for his cage got so hot from my own body that electric currants ran up and down the metal bars. A soft click later and the door popped open slightly, but not enough to trigger the alarm.

"Just like last time, Gage," I said slowely. "Hold it closed while I get your idiot friends out."

Three more times I shorted out cage bars in quick succession. Three more times I had to trust the fact that they wouldn't try to kill me one I let them free.

"Give me one minute to get the window and then we can get the hell out of here."

Another fourth seconds and the alarms went off, four cages now empty of inhabitants.

I stood on the roof, alone and bleeding from moving too much. Not letting myself heal enough so I would get even more damaged.

And all four of them just up and lopped off into the night without a backward glace. No help what-so-fucking-ever.

If I ever see those assholes again, I'm killing them for pure spite, I promised myself. All this torment for nothing. No fucking thanks at all.

Then my world went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you all enjoyed. I've actually been loving writing this again so look for more frequent updates from now on. :D
<3<3